Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

Bodilla
Prescription Joker
GRRR .. due to being married... and my husband making good money I'm not eligible for a Pell Grant..

which normally would be understandable.. but we don't live together and he will not/refuses to/won't help pay for anything.

Ahh dude, that sucks!! I'm engaged, but that's not the same as being married. But then again my hubby-to-be and I will be living together soon (hopefully), and he doesn't make much as a cook.

Anywho, I hope that everything works out for you!!
thanks.
basically I'm going into college alone and with no help, and I'm on a fixed income of $500 a month. e_e

definitely hope I can talk to someone about this.
Prescription Joker
So I just got done electronically submitting my Fafsa for school..
due to being married I had to provide a ton of my husbands financial information from his taxes.
(We live AND file separately.)

It was so beyond confusing I had to live chat with the help desk about 5 different times, JUST to find the right sections to look at on our tax forms. (1040 for me 1040A for him)

Oh well, next week is my compass placement test. Luckily there's no score requirements I have to meet, I just have to score.

But there's a study guide on-line.

Anyways, who else applied for their fafsa or is going to?
How easy was it for you?
Are you going to apply for Grants, scholarship, or go with a student loan?

I'm trying to avoid student loans at ALL costs.

Student loans, unless you come from a wealthy family, is the only option to a new graduate with no money. FASFA IS SUCH A BIATCH! I hate it hate it hate it! lol good luck

Aged Gaian

Cairyne
Prescription Joker
due to being married I had to provide a ton of my husbands financial information from his taxes.

It was so beyond confusing I had to live chat with the help desk about 5 different times, JUST to find the right sections to look at on our tax forms. (1040 for me 1040A for him)

Oh well, next week is my compass placement test. Luckily there's no score requirements I have to meet, I just have to score.

How easy was it for you?

Student loans, unless you come from a wealthy family, is the only option to a new graduate with no money. FASFA IS SUCH A BIATCH! I hate it hate it hate it! lol good luck

I'm trying to AVOID student loans tyvm
Prescription Joker
Cairyne
Prescription Joker

How easy was it for you?

good luck with that..

Aged Gaian

Cairyne
Prescription Joker
Cairyne
Prescription Joker

How easy was it for you?

good luck with that..
it's possible just extremely hard. c_c
Prescription Joker
Bodilla
Prescription Joker
GRRR .. due to being married... and my husband making good money I'm not eligible for a Pell Grant..

which normally would be understandable.. but we don't live together and he will not/refuses to/won't help pay for anything.

Ahh dude, that sucks!! I'm engaged, but that's not the same as being married. But then again my hubby-to-be and I will be living together soon (hopefully), and he doesn't make much as a cook.

thanks.
basically I'm going into college alone and with no help, and I'm on a fixed income of $500 a month. e_e

Well don't worry if you didn't get anything from your FAFSA. You can always find a college that offers scholarships (The one that I'm going to offered me 3k for my grades and my ACT score, and they also offer scolarships through various departments for incoming freshman or anyone who applies for them.), and if that doesn't work maybe a job will help because some colleges offer a tuition payment plan.

That's all I have. I hope that it helps.

Aged Gaian

Bodilla
Prescription Joker
Bodilla
Prescription Joker

thanks.

Well don't worry if you didn't get anything from your FAFSA. You can always find a college that offers scholarships (The one that I'm going to offered me 3k for my grades and my ACT score, and they also offer scolarships through various departments for incoming freshman or anyone who applies for them.), and if that doesn't work maybe a job will help because some colleges offer a tuition payment plan.

That's all I have. I hope that it helps.
Oh that'd be splendid, only I have to go to THIS college. There is no other ones near me that I can go to that are going to be as useful to me in the future, nor are they properly accredited to transferring of credits.

I'm also very limited on what jobs I can do because of mental illnesses...school itself is a stretch for me due to them...and unfortunately thanks to several medical factors only jobs I'm able to get it seems are the ones I mentally can not do.

I'm not at liberty to move away (furthest I can move is the 30 mins to the city it's in... financially it'd be the death of me to go any farther) The school doesn't offer on campus housing because it's not a university, it's a technical community college, so I can't do that (plus I have 2 cats that are basically not only my children but coping mechanisms for my disorders)

I'm trying for any grant I'm elligible for as well as scholarships but things are looking very bleak on that front thanks to being married, DESPITE not living with him, and only being supported with $500 a month from him (only that, he contributes nothing else other then medical coverage)

Also, my grades in HS were mediocre at best, and I didn't take that big test you are supposed to take in HS to get into college (I only took tests I had to take to graduate) So I have to take a placement test to get INTO Sowela (my school) So I won't be getting any offers for my grades.

Aged Gaian

Placement test went smoothly, I passed no remedial courses for me!
Orientation is on the 1st, as is registration....

Fees are due August 9th and school starts august 25th.

Turned in a scholarship app today, and was giving a letter for a loan, but the recommended company (Sallie Mae) is very unsavory.

the reviews for it are horrible ((I hiiiighly suggest no one go with them, they've got some really fishy practices and harassment issues))

So.. yeah looking in this Federal Stafford Loan things... instead.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff