Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Most people hate their high school years and are all like "OMG college is so much better ! less drama! moar matchurity!"

But I loved high school. It was so much fun. I never had a lot of drama or anything stupid like that. I'm going to start college this fall, and it seems like it's going to suck. For those of you who are in college but enjoyed high school, how does college compare?
We will Prevail...
We will Prevail...

It's all about FREEDOM in college! No more curfews or doing chores, etc...As far as maturity goes...it all depends on the person. Some people do mature in college while others act immature by making all the wrong choices like going to parties and drinking endlessly. I know a couple of people who got kicked out of school because they were partying too hard and their grades were dropping significantly. Just study hard and most importantly HAVE FUN! If you enjoyed high school, then college will be a great journey for you. Good luck! smile

We are VIRGINIA TECH!
Maturity isn't guaranteed. The thing about high school is that you probably had a lot of fun because you've known the people since grade school and you knew who you meshed with really well, right?

College is great because it's not like you're the "new kid"--everyone in your freshman class is a new kid, and you've got as much chance to meet new people as everyone else.

I liked college way better than high school because I moved right before 10th grade, so while everyone had already-established groups of friends, I didn't. But in college, everyone was in the same boat I was, and that "making new friends" mindset is a lot more effective when it's not just you who has it.

The freedom is nice, too, but be careful with it. Starting orientation week with a walk of shame isn't a great way to go about doing things. By the time people get to college, you'd hope that they'd be responsible adults, but that's not always the case.

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
It depends on WHY your high school experience was fun. If you had a good time in high school because you did no work and learned nothing then yes college will suck because all your classes will be ridiculously difficult and you'll be really behind, the classes are hard enough for people who didn't slack off. Other than that I'd say no having a sucky high school experience is not a requirement for having a good college experience.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff