Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Tyler1235789
I dislike Glee firstly because of the simple fact that it seems to preppy for me. I know what you're gonna say, "Oh, but, you're labeling!" or something like that. Maybe I am, but since when was I not entitled to my opinion?

Secondly, in my opinion, the ruined a bunch of really good songs. Like Don't Stop Believin' by Journey. I liked the original much better.

And finally, the drama. WAY to much freaking drama for me. I just don't like it.

Plus, what makes me hate it with a passion is the fact that I'm in Choir at my school and EVERY FREAKING BODY talks about it. All the time.

Note: This is all my personal opinion.

Yeah, I can see how the drama would be annoying to someone. Especially in the first episode and the episode they played tonight, it's like there was too much in one episode.

And I know how a non-fan would get annoyed when people won't shut up about stuff. rofl

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I love musicals, so I tried watching an episode. But I just couldn't get into it. The musical numbers were so artificial and so... sterile. They just felt randomly plopped down in the middle of the scenes and were distracting rather than entertaining. I was really disappointed.

cjjb5830's Significant Otter

Gracious Duck

9,150 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Jaeya

There were only two faults that I found with Glee.

The first was Rachel.. Her personality and demeanour just generally got on my nerves. I know there are people like her out there, and to some extent they were just exaggerating a popular stereotype.. but that didn't make her any easier to watch for me.

The second was the Puck/Quinn/Finn storyline. I'm sorry, but at Finn's age, would you really believe you can get pregnant from a hot tub? It's ludicrous, and annoyed me.. especially given that Finn was portrayed as a fairly intelligent, level-headed guy.

Ironically, I love Rachel because I can completely relate to her: not that I'm that over-the-top but on a bad day, yeah, it's plausible. I'm driven and goal-oriented and a perfectionist. I was also unpopular in high school due to my focus on academics and intense personality, but that's just a part of who I am. So different strokes for different folks, I guess?

Addressing the second part of your post: you'd be surprised what some teenagers (and actually adults) believe about sex and contraception (thank you abstinence-only sex ed!). I've known people that would definitely believe that was possible, along with even more outlandish ideas. I'm not going to get into a rant about the quality of sex ed. for a lot of kids in the United States, but suffice it to say it's ridiculous in most places. And Finn's actually the dumb jock type, haha.

@Mortok: I actually like that they make Kurt an over-the-top, stereotypical gay guy and unapologetically. I think it was a riskier move and kind of pushes the idea of tolerance and acceptance. Living in Texas, I know plenty of people that would "be fine" with a gay person so long as they didn't have to "see" that person being gay or "acting gay." Bleh. I love that Kurt is a diva and I think he's awesome. Besides, Rachel's parents are gay, so they also take the approach that (woah snap) gays should be treated as humans.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Tarnished Glitter
Jaeya

There were only two faults that I found with Glee.

The first was Rachel.. Her personality and demeanour just generally got on my nerves. I know there are people like her out there, and to some extent they were just exaggerating a popular stereotype.. but that didn't make her any easier to watch for me.

The second was the Puck/Quinn/Finn storyline. I'm sorry, but at Finn's age, would you really believe you can get pregnant from a hot tub? It's ludicrous, and annoyed me.. especially given that Finn was portrayed as a fairly intelligent, level-headed guy.

Ironically, I love Rachel because I can completely relate to her: not that I'm that over-the-top but on a bad day, yeah, it's plausible. I'm driven and goal-oriented and a perfectionist. I was also unpopular in high school due to my focus on academics and intense personality, but that's just a part of who I am. So different strokes for different folks, I guess?

Addressing the second part of your post: you'd be surprised what some teenagers (and actually adults) believe about sex and contraception (thank you abstinence-only sex ed!). I've known people that would definitely believe that was possible, along with even more outlandish ideas. I'm not going to get into a rant about the quality of sex ed. for a lot of kids in the United States, but suffice it to say it's ridiculous in most places. And Finn's actually the dumb jock type, haha.

@Mortok: I actually like that they make Kurt an over-the-top, stereotypical gay guy and unapologetically. I think it was a riskier move and kind of pushes the idea of tolerance and acceptance. Living in Texas, I know plenty of people that would "be fine" with a gay person so long as they didn't have to "see" that person being gay or "acting gay." Bleh. I love that Kurt is a diva and I think he's awesome. Besides, Rachel's parents are gay, so they also take the approach that (woah snap) gays should be treated as humans.

True. I live in Texas too, and a lot of people here say they're okay with gays as long as they aren't flambouyant and fashionable. I guess it's harder to be gay in a lot of places when you're the "girlier" type.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff