Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Okay, serious answer time: I like Glee, I really do. Next to Doctor Who, it's the only thing I've made an effort to watch in recent years. Implausible storyline? Shallow characters? Maybe, but I don't care. I'm in it for the musical numbers, which are really, really good.

But goddammit, whenever Kurt comes on screen, I wanna punch him in the face. He's a blatant, unfunny steretype. I don't know a single homosexual who acts the way he does, and all the other homosexuals I know hate him as much, if not MORE than I do. In fact, his character is borderline offensive. If they wanted a homosexual character, why did they have to make him a catty liitle b***h with a perma-hardon for Alexander McQueen and Liza Minelli? They could at least show that not all homosexuals are like that.

I hear Kurt's going to be getting a boyfriend at some point, but I don't hold out much hope that they'll use this opportunity to highlight the diversity of the gay community. He'll probably be just as bad, if not worse.

7,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I just dislike Glee, I don't hate it.
I absolutely love musicals, but Glee and I just haven't clicked. I dislike it because they try to be "different" by singing popular music and the blatant stereotypes (albeit not as bad as Disney movies, but it's still bad).
I've watched it, it's forgettable (but that's no reason for the amount of hate that has been seen on this board)...but please enlighten me as to why legions of teens love this show? Because the fans I've met are almost on the Twilight fangirl level, very confrontational when I disagree with them.
Fay ;; People love it so much is because that it's the story of the underdogs - kids who are seemingly at the bottom of the social latter and are not well liked because of their club choice, no matter how silly / stereotypical / stupid the characters are . Teens are suckers for the underdog story - personally, i like it for the music, it makes me smile when I've had a bad day , and some of the parts of the show are really amusing - to me at least, to all their own . I don't take any part of it seriously, and I know it's just a comedy.
The drama is over the top, and that's something that teens love. If they're not making it, they want to see it , no matter how dumb it is.

2,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
User Image
Team Rocket Is Blasting Off At The Speed Of Light!

I actually think its ok. But its not that great for its own forum. Its humorous, though, the singers are just ok.

Surrender Now Or Prepare To Fight!
Its not that i hate it.it just reminds me of High School Musical which i despise.And i see alot of stupid preepy jerks auditioning.blahh..Either we love it or Hate it why does it matter??

Gracious Wrangler

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
i find glee an amusing show. i am not about to proclaim myself a 'gleek' and squee, but i do follow it, and watch episodes as soon as they are out on hulu. the show does over-exaggerate stereotypes, but that's the charm.

Revered Master

25,065 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I just don't see the appeal of it. I don't know about you people but I'm tired of how there is so much focus on the high school years as if that is the only period in a person's life that matters. I would sooner forget they ever happened to me. Furthermore the whole choir singers covering pop songs is a little too much like Kidz Bop. I'll stick to the original rendition of the song.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Joicy_Machado
i hate glee its a gay show they suck at singing!!!!

Is it gay because one of the characters is gay? (something you should know about me... When you say "gay", I don't take it as a bad thing, I assume you mean "homosexual".) I personally disagree on the second part, I think the singing is very good, but I guess it doesn't float your boat.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Katara daughter of Water
I just don't see the appeal of it. I don't know about you people but I'm tired of how there is so much focus on the high school years as if that is the only period in a person's life that matters. I would sooner forget they ever happened to me. Furthermore the whole choir singers covering pop songs is a little too much like Kidz Bop. I'll stick to the original rendition of the song.

I gave it a try because there hasn't been a good high school show in years. Most current high school shows are dramas, and making is a comedy/drama gives more appeal to it, if you ask me. I'm in high school and I do want to watch some shows about high schoolers, but all the latest ones are just incredibly whiny dramas. Glee at least has some comic relief, and the drama feels a bit less forced.

Yeah, I hate Kidz Bop too. rofl What would happen if Kidz Bop did "Push It" like Glee did? rofl (Normally I hate re-sings too, but the Glee versions are very good, in my opinion. At least it's not children and teenagers singing it, (I believe most of the cast members are actually adults) those Disney teenybopper shows have singing that is just awful)

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Jaeya

There were only two faults that I found with Glee.

The first was Rachel.. Her personality and demeanour just generally got on my nerves. I know there are people like her out there, and to some extent they were just exaggerating a popular stereotype.. but that didn't make her any easier to watch for me.

The second was the Puck/Quinn/Finn storyline. I'm sorry, but at Finn's age, would you really believe you can get pregnant from a hot tub? It's ludicrous, and annoyed me.. especially given that Finn was portrayed as a fairly intelligent, level-headed guy.

Regarding your second point, you haven't seen how stupid some teenagers are. In freshman year, a friend asked me what oral sex was. I didn't tell her. Last year, one girl asked me what a cliortis was. I know what it is but I wasn't sure how to explain it. And there are also several pregnant girls/teen moms at my school, and more than a few of them say they didn't use protection when they concieved because they thought you couldn't get pregnant on your first time. So the hot tub thing wasn't too unrealistic to me. (it's what happens when you teach abstinence-only, amiright? rofl )

By the way, Finn was never really portrayed as intelligent. He's actually the "dumb jock".

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Mortok
Okay, serious answer time: I like Glee, I really do. Next to Doctor Who, it's the only thing I've made an effort to watch in recent years. Implausible storyline? Shallow characters? Maybe, but I don't care. I'm in it for the musical numbers, which are really, really good.

But goddammit, whenever Kurt comes on screen, I wanna punch him in the face. He's a blatant, unfunny steretype. I don't know a single homosexual who acts the way he does, and all the other homosexuals I know hate him as much, if not MORE than I do. In fact, his character is borderline offensive. If they wanted a homosexual character, why did they have to make him a catty liitle b***h with a perma-hardon for Alexander McQueen and Liza Minelli? They could at least show that not all homosexuals are like that.

I hear Kurt's going to be getting a boyfriend at some point, but I don't hold out much hope that they'll use this opportunity to highlight the diversity of the gay community. He'll probably be just as bad, if not worse.

Rumor has it his boyfriend will be on the football team. ninja
art d-aimer
Joicy_Machado
i hate glee its a gay show they suck at singing!!!!
- -☂- -

I don't see how it's gay. (:

And I hate to bite back at you, but IMHO they're very talented singers.

I make it gay. ^_^
I dislike Glee firstly because of the simple fact that it seems to preppy for me. I know what you're gonna say, "Oh, but, you're labeling!" or something like that. Maybe I am, but since when was I not entitled to my opinion?

Secondly, in my opinion, the ruined a bunch of really good songs. Like Don't Stop Believin' by Journey. I liked the original much better.

And finally, the drama. WAY to much freaking drama for me. I just don't like it.

Plus, what makes me hate it with a passion is the fact that I'm in Choir at my school and EVERY FREAKING BODY talks about it. All the time.

Note: This is all my personal opinion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces