Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Rogue

So I'm pretty sure most people must have come across the idea at least once that some of the newer Glee characters are actually from the future. And it is actually quite an amusing idea as somehow these newer actors do look like they could be.

The idea seems to have died down so I thought I'd make a thread to talk about it on here. One thig I must say, if you disagree with who you think the parents are - and this is mainly for Rory - then don't get pissy and start insulting each other. It's to each their own, it isn't real, it's a tv show and it's fictional even to the fiction of the tv show so please be nice.

So Sugar: Santana x Brittany (looks like them and has Santana's sharpness with Brittany's dumbness)

Harmony: Rachel x Quinn (acts like Rachel a lot but she looks like Quinn as well and I don't even ship Faberry but it fits)

Rory: Kurt x Finn (he looks like them both, knew who Finn was immediately and admired him but was also protected by Kurt)

So thoughts?
Hmm. Interesting. This is the first time I've seen anyone claim Rory as Kurt and Finn's kid. I know that originally, he was claimed as Kurt and Blaine's kid. This idea started with the episode Mash Off (and the one week hiatus following that episode) and people talking about how both Blaine and Kurt sort of treated Rory like their kid and we all started imagining Kurt and Blaine as parents and all that sappy stuff. Then someone came up with a tiny drabble about Rory being from the future and going back in time to make sure his parents stayed together.

Then Sugar as Brittany and Santana's kid came into the discussion (And I'm pretty sure that nobody has given her different parents), and that was soon followed by Harmony. I actually don't know who her parents were originally, because I saw Finchel and Faberry references popping up at about the same time.

Anyway, when the Kummers heard about this, they scoffed and said, "Are you kidding? He looks a lot more like Sam and Kurt's kid." (And to be fair, he does. Of course, only one parent could be a genetic contributer since they're both male, but the whole children from the future idea isn't exactly based on current scientific know how, so I guess anything is possible) And I guess apparently Kinn shippers are claiming him as a kid too. *shrug* I think the general consensus is just that everybody sees how much he looks like Kurt, so they just make Rory's other dad be whoever they want Kurt to end up with.

I really enjoyed the idea when it first popped up (And even wrote a Dr Who/Glee crossover with Rory, Sugar, and Harmony as future children), but the hype has died down, and I'm kind of over it now.

But then that's life in the Klaine fandom. Every hiatus has at least a half dozen AU ideas come and go, with a few AU ideas scattered throughout normal episode schedules. Right now, the big things are pirate Klaine (there was a thing with an eyepatch and... yeah, long story), White Collar/Glee crossovers (because Matt Bomer is going to be playing Blaine's brother), and Sebastian having a twin who has got the hots for Kurt (because Grant was on CSI and had a twin).

Eloquent Rogue

I don't really talk to any Klainers so the first I saw of it was Sugar BUT Damien was described as looking like a Furt love child in one review of the Glee Project which was long before the whole hype began.

So I like using that as backing evidence for him being the Kinn child with Sam being the awesome uncle as in my eyes that makes the most sense.

I have also seen all those AU ideas and I don't even really follow anyone who posts major Klaine on tumblr so I think those are universal fandom ideas ha ha. Well...I've seen people mocking Blaine with posting things with an eyepatch but the others...yeah.
RoseRosa
in my eyes that makes the most sense.

*shrug*

Like I said, the general consensus is that Rory looks like Kurt and everyone just ties him in with their ship of choice for this AU. Mainly because that's what makes sense to people. My OTP is going to get together/stay together and love each other forever and ever and ever, right? Therefore, it makes sense that in the future, they have a kid. Then people work in things to fit. It happened for Klainers. It happened for Kummers. And clearly, it happened for Kinners. (Is that what Kinn shippers are called? Or do you guys just prefer "Kinn shippers"?)

RoseRosa
I have also seen all those AU ideas and I don't even really follow anyone who posts major Klaine on tumblr so I think those are universal fandom ideas ha ha. Well...I've seen people mocking Blaine with posting things with an eyepatch but the others...yeah.

Well... considering all the AU ideas I listed are directly about Blaine, I'm pretty sure the Blaine and Klaine fans are the ones coming up with those ideas...

But as with the children from the future, AU ideas tend to spread through the fandom and everyone adopts their own version of them. Prime example: Doctor Who/Glee crossovers. Originally, it was just a joke about Blaine's pocket watch, but if you go to the doctorwhoglee tumblr, you can find almost any and every combination of doctor/companion from the glee cast.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff