Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
"Journey"

I knew that New Directions was going to lose. I didn't think they were going to come in 3rd place though.

My favorite song was "Faithfully". I freakin' love Journey. smile

Also, was it just me, or did Vocal Adrenaline's performance not live up to their past ones? I think "Another One Bites the Dust" was way better. In this one, they were dancing a lot, and it reminded me of "Hairography". The choreo wasn't that great, and the singing was good, but I expected them to have the WOW factor for Regionals, you know?

And Beth is so adorable. ♥ I thought it was a good idea to have Shelby take her in. It makes perfect sense.

Mr. Schuester and Emma got together. Finn and Rachel got together. AAAH. smile

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Discuss!

"Journey"!! What was your favorite part? Favorite song? Was there anything that surprised you? TALK ABOUT IT, FELLOW GLEEKS! 8D

User Image
Shaju'at ♥
Actually Will and Emma didn't get together. They may have shared a kiss, but Emma's still with her dentist because they're bringing him into the second season. But I completely agree with you on the Vocal Adrenaline thing. And actually, the choreography was okay, but the singing? BLEGH. Are you kidding me? Jesse can't pull off Freddie Mercury to save his life. And I'm not saying that because I hate him sort of but because it just.. ew. I expected more. A lot more. And seeing as Bohemian Rhapsody was one of their biggest songs, I kind of.. I guess.. had really high expectations for it, only for it to come crashing down. I was extremely disappointed with it.

Don't Stop Believing was pretty awesome though. I sort of thought Santana and Finn were going to be the ones singing it, or so I heard, but I liked how it didn't end up that way and that they switched it up a bit and everything. That was awesome. And Sue.. I loved her for what she did. It just showed that she truly does have a heart. :]
MasterLuna
Actually Will and Emma didn't get together. They may have shared a kiss, but Emma's still with her dentist because they're bringing him into the second season. But I completely agree with you on the Vocal Adrenaline thing. And actually, the choreography was okay, but the singing? BLEGH. Are you kidding me? Jesse can't pull off Freddie Mercury to save his life. And I'm not saying that because I hate him sort of but because it just.. ew. I expected more. A lot more. And seeing as Bohemian Rhapsody was one of their biggest songs, I kind of.. I guess.. had really high expectations for it, only for it to come crashing down. I was extremely disappointed with it.

Don't Stop Believing was pretty awesome though. I sort of thought Santana and Finn were going to be the ones singing it, or so I heard, but I liked how it didn't end up that way and that they switched it up a bit and everything. That was awesome. And Sue.. I loved her for what she did. It just showed that she truly does have a heart. :]

True, true. But I hope they get together in the second season, buahaha. >:] And same here, I expected a whole lot more because "Bohemian Rhapsody" is one of the biggest songs in history. It sort of bored me, if it hadn't been for Quinn giving birth during it.

I thought "Don't Stop" was going to be more different than that, but they kind of kept it the same, which disappointed me. But it was cool how they let Santana sing again, she really has a good voice. And I, for the first time in my life, cheered for Sue. I was proud of her. 3nodding
i D i s n e y D r e a m
True, true. But I hope they get together in the second season, buahaha. >:] And same here, I expected a whole lot more because "Bohemian Rhapsody" is one of the biggest songs in history. It sort of bored me, if it hadn't been for Quinn giving birth during it.

I thought "Don't Stop" was going to be more different than that, but they kind of kept it the same, which disappointed me. But it was cool how they let Santana sing again, she really has a good voice. And I, for the first time in my life, cheered for Sue. I was proud of her. 3nodding

Haha. That's what me and my friend said! The only exciting thing throughout that entire song was Quinn giving birth. I mean.. just.. ugh. I'm so disappointed because I absolutely LOVE Bohemian Rhapsody. And Don't Stop Believing was kind of different in the way that they switched it up between the characters, as well as the ending when it went into a different key which was pretty cool.

And I did too. I kind of had a feeling though because of that Olivia character and Sue looked EXTREMELY pissed off about it too. I still can't believe they didn't even place.. I mean really? They did so much better than.. what was that group called.. Oral something.. I mean see? They did so bad that I can't even remember the name of the stupid group. And they did WAY better than Vocal Adrenaline. Pissed me off so much. I did kind of have a feeling they'd lose.. but to not even place? Seriously?

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
What, are you kidding me? I lost all respect I had for Sue Sylvester in this episode; up until now, she was my favorite part of this magnificent flagship of a show. Now? She actually has human emotions... what good does that do her? talk2hand

ONTOTHEACTUALEPISODE: I thought ALL of the "regional" performances were lackluster, especially including the Journey medley. Maybe it's just because I prefer hearing the full song, but it just seemed too thrown together. Vocal Adrenaline's "Bohemian Rhapsody" just made me want to choke the life out of Jesse (well, even more than I already did, anyways).

I really loved the two songs that the Glee club sang to each other... sadly, I can't remember what the song that Will sung was. crying I remember it's one of my favorites, but I can't remember which! And "To Sir, With Love" was AMAZING! I've always loved that song anyways, and they definitnely did it justice in this episode.

Also, at the risk of sounding band-wagoney... less Rachel, for the love of god. I can barely stand her voice, as good as she is, she's more annoying than Barbara when she sings. x.x Emma's a hotty though, gotta give it to Schuster(sp?) for finding the cutest girl in the school to hook up with. FORGET THE DENTIST, GET WITH WILL! mrgreen
MasterLuna
Haha. That's what me and my friend said! The only exciting thing throughout that entire song was Quinn giving birth. I mean.. just.. ugh. I'm so disappointed because I absolutely LOVE Bohemian Rhapsody. And Don't Stop Believing was kind of different in the way that they switched it up between the characters, as well as the ending when it went into a different key which was pretty cool.

And I did too. I kind of had a feeling though because of that Olivia character and Sue looked EXTREMELY pissed off about it too. I still can't believe they didn't even place.. I mean really? They did so much better than.. what was that group called.. Oral something.. I mean see? They did so bad that I can't even remember the name of the stupid group. And they did WAY better than Vocal Adrenaline. Pissed me off so much. I did kind of have a feeling they'd lose.. but to not even place? Seriously?

I know, so do I. And I thought that was pretty cool too, and I like how they kept the original choreography. Kind of.

Oral...Intensity, I think? And I know, right? I thought they would at least get second place. :/
TheTrueShado
What, are you kidding me? I lost all respect I had for Sue Sylvester in this episode; up until now, she was my favorite part of this magnificent flagship of a show. Now? She actually has human emotions... what good does that do her? talk2hand

ONTOTHEACTUALEPISODE: I thought ALL of the "regional" performances were lackluster, especially including the Journey medley. Maybe it's just because I prefer hearing the full song, but it just seemed too thrown together. Vocal Adrenaline's "Bohemian Rhapsody" just made me want to choke the life out of Jesse (well, even more than I already did, anyways).

I really loved the two songs that the Glee club sang to each other... sadly, I can't remember what the song that Will sung was. crying I remember it's one of my favorites, but I can't remember which! And "To Sir, With Love" was AMAZING! I've always loved that song anyways, and they definitnely did it justice in this episode.

Also, at the risk of sounding band-wagoney... less Rachel, for the love of god. I can barely stand her voice, as good as she is, she's more annoying than Barbara when she sings. x.x Emma's a hotty though, gotta give it to Schuster(sp?) for finding the cutest girl in the school to hook up with. FORGET THE DENTIST, GET WITH WILL! mrgreen

Haha I guess she did go way out of character, but no worries, she'll definitely go back to normal.

And it was "Over the Rainbow" biggrin
Ai Kazi
it was soooooo good! I can't wait for next season ;_; can't come soon enough

I KNOW. T^T

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
i D i s n e y D r e a m
TheTrueShado

Haha I guess she did go way out of character, but no worries, she'll definitely go back to normal.

I think the medley was really good. And I agree with you on Jesse. I really don't like that boy. :/

It was "Over the Rainbow". biggrin And they were really good performances.

LOL, I love Rachel. I dunno, I find annoying people to be funny. x) And it's Schuester. And YES, WILL AND EMMA FTW! <3

Speaking of things being "out of character"... that was possibly the worst depiction of a teenage girl giving birth I've ever seen. She wasn't screaming loud enough, or enough at all for that matter; she needs serious acting lessons if she's coming back for next season. (Though to be fair, I've been thinking that all along... the girl couldn't show emotion if her life depended on it. Not that you'd know if it did.)

I just didn't think it was anywhere as good as any of the single songs they've done in the past. I religiously listen to their full version of "Don't Stop", this one seemed off in a bad way to me. My problem with medleys is that I can never get into the song enough before they start with the next one. Short attention spans FTL. emo

OMG YOU'RE MY HERO! -random hugs- I knew it was one of those sleeper songs that I love to listen to... now I have to go DL it before I forget it again. xD

Schweet, only one letter off. I just can't stand the whine that comes with being Jewish... not that I'm knocking the religion/race/what have you, I just can't stand the accent. ><
TheTrueShado
Vocal Adrenaline's "Bohemian Rhapsody" just made me want to choke the life out of Jesse (well, even more than I already did, anyways).

LOL. YES. I AGREE COMPLETELY! I hate Jesse anyway and wanna bash his head in, but seriously. I felt like my choir from last year sung it better than he did. And we're not the best singers in the world either, but seriously. I was so disappointed with this song.

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
MasterLuna
TheTrueShado
Vocal Adrenaline's "Bohemian Rhapsody" just made me want to choke the life out of Jesse (well, even more than I already did, anyways).

LOL. YES. I AGREE COMPLETELY! I hate Jesse anyway and wanna bash his head in, but seriously. I felt like my choir from last year sung it better than he did. And we're not the best singers in the world either, but seriously. I was so disappointed with this song.

Maybe it's just my opinion, but Rhapsody is one of those classic songs that should just never be re-done, or covered, by anyone. Along the lines of Freebird (which everyone does anyways... -.- ) and Stairway to Heaven.

And here's to hoping that Jesse's character gets faded out in Season 2... though I don't really see that happening, since VA is the major 'enemy' in the series. Guess we'll just have to put up with his robotic actions for now.
TheTrueShado
MasterLuna
TheTrueShado

Maybe it's just my opinion, but Rhapsody is one of those classic songs that should just never be re-done, or covered, by anyone. Along the lines of Freebird (which everyone does anyways... -.- ) and Stairway to Heaven.

And here's to hoping that Jesse's character gets faded out in Season 2... though I don't really see that happening, since VA is the major 'enemy' in the series. Guess we'll just have to put up with his robotic actions for now.

Actually he's a senior. So he's gonna end up graduating this season so he might not appear in the second season. You're in luck. biggrin And so are the rest of us because I'd rather not see his ugly mug ever again. Someone needs to beat him in the head with a stick.

And I agree there. No one can really compare to the original, unless they just sucked to begin with Rihanna for example. But in a way it's kinda nice to see different versions of an old song though, you know? I mean it may not be like the original obviously because it's a cover, but it's sort of interesting to see how some people put a new twist on a song to make it mean something other than what the original artist intended. It's all with how you sing it. Some songs can have one meaning, but without the instrumentals in the background, you don't understand what it's really trying to get across.

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
MasterLuna
TheTrueShado
MasterLuna
TheTrueShado

Actually he's a senior. So he's gonna end up graduating this season so he might not appear in the second season. You're in luck. biggrin And so are the rest of us because I'd rather not see his ugly mug ever again. Someone needs to beat him in the head with a stick.

And I agree there. No one can really compare to the original, unless they just sucked to begin with Rihanna for example. But in a way it's kinda nice to see different versions of an old song though, you know? I mean it may not be like the original obviously because it's a cover, but it's sort of interesting to see how some people put a new twist on a song to make it mean something other than what the original artist intended. It's all with how you sing it. Some songs can have one meaning, but without the instrumentals in the background, you don't understand what it's really trying to get across.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to every single cover song ever or anything, just certain ones. As I said earlier, I fell in love with the ND version of "Don't Stop Believing", and there are plenty of other remakes of songs that I enjoy. There's just a certain group of songs that shouldn't be covered, and "Bohemian Rhapsody" is one of them.

Also, almost forgot about the whole Jesse-being-a-senior thing. Wouldn't be surprised to hear that his school holds him back a year just to keep him on the squad or something, though. Then we'll all be in trouble. ><

9,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Team Edward 100
User Image

I absolutely loved the episode. It was full of a lot of sad moments. My favorite song that they did at Regionals was "Faithfully" just because I love how Finn sang it. I also love "Don't Stop Believin'" because I love the way Finn sings in that one too >_> Plus I liked that everyone got a chance to sing too.

I didn't think New Directions was going to win since their choreography was a little wack and just free spirited, but I think they did the best. Vocal Adrenaline wasn't even that great. I'm glad Shelby got Quinn's baby, I thought they were going to end up keeping it.

I will admit that I was depressed when ND didn't place or win. I teared up a lot during this episode, but I really cried when Finn was telling Mr. Shue that he looked up to him as a father figure. It was just too sad and sweet. The whole situation was depressing, but I'm glad Sue got them another shot. I'm excited about the next season! <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff