kurt 0.85714285714286 85.7% [ 6 ]
Finn 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 7 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

I like Kurt!
scream
marshmallowcreampie
Bluevirtue
I'm gay, and I honestly can't stand Kurt. He's a pretty offensive stereotype, and there's nothing deeper to his character than "LOL I'm gay". The fact that he looks and sounds like a 30 year old woman doesn't help either.

Kurt has more to his character than "gay". Look at his personality, he's actually a bit insecure and shy, yet he hides this, putting on an "I'm better than you" attitude.

OP, can you actually give some reasoning as to why you hate Kurt?

His personality is the cliche effeminate faux-crossdressing fashion diva who does nothing but dance and listen to show tunes. Maybe if the show actually had a single gay character that wasn't some kind of negative stereotype I'd be able to tolerate him more, but lets look at all the gays in Glee: Kurt the wimpy girly freak who flirts with straight guys, Rachel's dads who raised her to be a musical obsessed show queen who worships barbara streisand, and Sandy the *****. Nice.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Bluevirtue
marshmallowcreampie
Bluevirtue
I'm gay, and I honestly can't stand Kurt. He's a pretty offensive stereotype, and there's nothing deeper to his character than "LOL I'm gay". The fact that he looks and sounds like a 30 year old woman doesn't help either.

Kurt has more to his character than "gay". Look at his personality, he's actually a bit insecure and shy, yet he hides this, putting on an "I'm better than you" attitude.

His personality is the cliche effeminate faux-crossdressing fashion diva who does nothing but dance and listen to show tunes. Maybe if the show actually had a single gay character that wasn't some kind of negative stereotype I'd be able to tolerate him more, but lets look at all the gays in Glee: Kurt the wimpy girly freak who flirts with straight guys, Rachel's dads who raised her to be a musical obsessed show queen who worships barbara streisand, and Sandy the *****. Nice.

I edited my post to give more explanation. See, some guys in some places go "oh I don't mind gay guys as long as they don't act gay". Meaning, they don't like gays who act a bit "girly". I think that Kurt being that kind of flambouyant is a bit important to the way people treat him. The show is about a bunch of misfits, and honestly Kurt would probably fit in better if he was the "manly" gay instead of a "girly" gay. Get what I'm saying here? "Effeminite" gays exist, (some people in real life DO fit stereotypes, we kinda gotta accept that) and I'm sure a lot of them have a harder time in the world than the masculine ones. Although I understand why you'd be annoyed...

Whether the whole fashionista thing is a "negative" stereotype varies from person to person... But if it helps, Kurt's going to get a boyfriend in season 2, and rumor has it he'll be a football player.
marshmallowcreampie

Kurt has more to his character than "gay". Look at his personality, he's actually a bit insecure and shy, yet he hides this, putting on an "I'm better than you" attitude. I'd also like to point out that a lot of the Glee members are stereotypes.

Mercedes: sassy black girl
Finn: dumb jock
Puck: mean jock
Quinn: b***h cheerleader
Santana: b***h cheerleader/slut cheerleader
Brittany: dumb cheerleader/dumb blonde

... So yeah... But I think the fact that he acts like a stereotypical gay has some importance. Where I live, I hear a lot of guys go "Oh, I don't mind gays as long as they don't act gay". The show is about misfits, and Kurt would probably fit in better if he didn't act so "gay", as people put it.

But the thing with their characters is they add depth to them, and show there is more to them than just the one dimensional cliche they appear to be. Finn's not as dumb as he lets on, Puck's actually capable of being a caring guy, quinn's torn between popularity, religious beliefs, and making friends that care about here, Mercedes is selfconcious and sensitive despite how loud she appears. Kurt has nothing to add to the table, sure he was in the football team in one episode, but that was only because he reinacted the choreography from a beyonce single.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Bluevirtue

But the thing with their characters is they add depth to them, and show there is more to them than just the one dimensional cliche they appear to be. Finn's not as dumb as he lets on, Puck's actually capable of being a caring guy, quinn's torn between popularity, religious beliefs, and making friends that care about here, Mercedes is selfconcious and sensitive despite how loud she appears. Kurt has nothing to add to the table, sure he was in the football team in one episode, but that was only because he reinacted the choreography from a beyonce single.

I kind of disagree, I think Kurt has some depth to him. Moreso than Mercedes, if you ask me. Kurt's going to appear more in future episodes, so I think we can expect more character development for him. (we'll also get some more for Mercedes too)
marshmallowcreampie

I kind of disagree, I think Kurt has some depth to him. Moreso than Mercedes, if you ask me. Kurt's going to appear more in future episodes, so I think we can expect more character development for him. (we'll also get some more for Mercedes too)

I actually have been thinking the opposite, he seems to be getting less deep each episode. Making comments about feeling like Lady Gaga, wishing he was Madonna, becoming a cheerleader, why don't they just give him a pair of short shorts, a lisp, and... actually I can't possibly think of how they could make him more offensively stereotypical than he already is..

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Bluevirtue
marshmallowcreampie

I actually have been thinking the opposite, he seems to be getting less deep each episode. Making comments about feeling like Lady Gaga, wishing he was Madonna, becoming a cheerleader, why don't they just give him a pair of short shorts, a lisp, and... actually I can't possibly think of how they could make him more offensively stereotypical than he already is..

There was a gay guy at my school last year who cross-dressed. That could be it. xd

Seriously, though... I keep to my earlier point, about making him that way because effeminite gays often have a harder time fitting in than masculine gays. Also, the reason he seems to be getting "less deep" each episode is because there is less focus on him. Character focus jumps around a lot in Glee, one episode it's about Rachel, the next it's Quinn, Kurt, then Artie, then Rachel again... You can't expect a ton of character development when they only appear in some scenes and don't have a ton of lines.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I'd keep talking with you, but I gotta go in like one minute. Bye! heart
marshmallowcreampie
Bluevirtue
marshmallowcreampie

There was a gay guy at my school last year who cross-dressed. That could be it. xd

Seriously, though... I keep to my earlier point, about making him that way because effeminite gays often have a harder time fitting in than masculine gays. Also, the reason he seems to be getting "less deep" each episode is because there is less focus on him. Character focus jumps around a lot in Glee, one episode it's about Rachel, the next it's Quinn, Kurt, then Artie, then Rachel again... You can't expect a ton of character development when they only appear in some scenes and don't have a ton of lines.

All I can say is characters like Kurt tend to make it a hell of a lot harder for guys like me that aren't, in fact, dainty butterflies to be taken seriously. He's not exactly an inspiration.

Tipsy Prophet

Loving Annabell
stupid kurt he sucks scream

And yet your username is a movie about lesbians. -_-
Bluevirtue
marshmallowcreampie
Bluevirtue
marshmallowcreampie

All I can say is characters like Kurt tend to make it a hell of a lot harder for guys like me that aren't, in fact, dainty butterflies to be taken seriously. He's not exactly an inspiration.

xxxxxxxx______________________________ . . .
xxxxxxxxrevisited//

You keep making a lot of generalizations, so watch out there.
Everybody in this show is so over the top that it is obviously not supposed to be taken as offensive, and if you feel so strongly about Glee and Kurt in particular, then perhaps it's time to find something else to watch.
revisited
xxxxxxxx______________________________ . . .
xxxxxxxxrevisited//

You keep making a lot of generalizations, so watch out there.
Everybody in this show is so over the top that it is obviously not supposed to be taken as offensive, and if you feel so strongly about Glee and Kurt in particular, then perhaps it's time to find something else to watch.

Hey now, I love the show. It's just that the only thing I don't like about it is how they handle the homosexual characters. Just because I don't like a few characters doesn't mean I should go out of my way to watch reruns of CSI instead. There's always something about any show or movie or what have you people will have a problem with, that doesn't mean they hate the entire thing.

Devoted Lunatic

But- but- but
Kurt is amazing (: He's funny
Has a great voice
Loving Annabell
stupid kurt he sucks scream

dont bea hater no one likes haterzzz =P

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash