Welcome to Gaia! ::

Now, if memory servers right then, Puck supposedly "Got Quinn drunk off wine coolers". I am aware that this is only from Quinn's POV, and that we never hear from Puck, but this has caused me to raise an eyebrow.

Quote:
(a) Rape is:

(1) Sexual intercourse with a person who does not consent to the sexual intercourse, under any of the following circumstances:

(A) When the victim is overcome by force or fear;
(B) When the victim is unconscious or physically powerless; or
(C) When the victim is incapable of giving consent because of mental deficiency or disease, or when the victim is incapable of giving consent because of the effect of any alcoholic liquor, narcotic, drug or other substance, which condition was known by the offender or was reasonably apparent to the offender;

Please pay attention to the bolded part.

If what Quinn was saying was true, then does that not technically make Puck a rapist? confused

We only get to see Quinn's POV, and it was only mentioned in one line; Puck didn't even deny the claim or try to defend himself but the way Quinn acts both towards Puck the situation at hands indicates that Quinn does not think of herself as a rape victim, but rather, as a girl who made a mistake. While it is possible that Puck could have raped her, it looks as though neither Puck nor Quinn consider it as rape.

I suppose we don't have adequate information to pass a judgment but the thought of a potential rape just bugs me. There's so much we don't know: Was Puck drunk as well? Is Quinn telling the truth? (We all know Quinn isn't the most honest person, but Puck never tries to deny it.) Was exactly does Quinn really mean when she says "You got me drunk..."? Did Puck deliberately persuaded her to drink? Was puck responsible for her drunkenness because he gave her those drinks? There are so many ways to interpret this, I'm not even going to bother list them all.

The lack of concrete facts just frustrates me >.< Sadly, I doubt this will ever be cleared up in the show. "Was Quinn raped" was never been the focus or concern of Glee.
hm... interesting thoughts... i would agree with you that we need more info to make a conclusion
Maybe my memory sucks hard core, but doesn't she also mention that she slept with him because "you gave me winecoolers , and I was feeling fat that day?"

If this is the case, it could be argued that rape isn't neccessarily the issue, but rather alcohol played a critical part in enticing her to have sex due to self esteem issues.
Mrs. Ringo Starr
Maybe my memory sucks hard core, but doesn't she also mention that she slept with him because "you gave me winecoolers , and I was feeling fat that day?"

If this is the case, it could be argued that rape isn't neccessarily the issue, but rather alcohol played a critical part in enticing her to have sex due to self esteem issues.

Actually, she said: "I had sex with you because you got me drunk on wine coolers and I felt fat that day." Just to be specific.

> the victim is incapable of giving consent because of the effect of any alcoholic liquor

So Yeah...

God, I'm barely making sense right now, I think. I can't make a coherent sentence, should probably go get some sleep already >.<

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
If what Quinn says is true, yes. However, many people believe that she wasn't truly inebriated by alcohol, even if she drank some. (you can drink a little while still keeping your abilities to reason and think logically) Since Quinn is a member of the chastity club, becoming pregnant is a HUGE embarassment for her. In Psychology class, we learned about the Defense Mechanisms of the mind, stuff used to protect the mind from upsetting thoughts and feelings. (this includes things like repression and denial) One of these defense mechanisms is rationalization, or "giving false but plausible reasons for behavior". Let's say she drank. She didn't drink enough to really impair to ability to consent. However, she chose to have sex, something she swore she wouldn't do until marriage. She is ashamed of herself, but if she can think of a reason other than "I chose to do it, I made the mistake", she'll feel a little better about it. Just a little.

Now, if she really was drink... Yeah, that counts as rape, especially if he got her drunk. But a lot of teenagers don't know that...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff