Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Lunatic

10,475 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
The fourth season of the musical comedy-drama television series Glee was announced April 9, 2012 by FOX. Glee will air on Thursdays at 9PM EST instead of 8PM EST. It will consist of 22 episodes. They will start shooting in July as stated by Lea Michele.

Main Cast
On May 17th, Ryan Murphy confirmed that the entire main cast would be coming back for season four, though, not necessarily for the entire season as they are welcome to leave when they wish. They would also be given the choice to become recurring characters. Source At one point, it was announced that Grant Gustin (Sebastian Smythe) would become a regular, [1] although this news was not made official by Fox or anyone else on the show.

Dianna Agron as Quinn Fabray

Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel

Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson

Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester

Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury

Kevin McHale as Artie Abrams

Lea Michele as Rachel Berry

Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson

Heather Morris as Brittany Pierce

Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester

Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones

Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez

Mark Salling as Noah Puckerman

Harry Shum Jr. as Mike Chang

Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina Cohen-Chang

Recurring Cast
Confirmed
    Sarah Jessica Parker as TBA

Kate Hudson as TBA (6 episodes)

NeNe Leakes as Roz Washington.

Unknown
    Max Adler as Dave Karofsky

Grant Gustin as Sebastian Smythe.

Dot-Marie Jones as Shannon Beiste

Samuel Larsen as Joe Hart

Vanessa Lengies as Sugar Motta

Damian McGinty as Rory Flanagan

Alex Newell as Wade Adams

Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans

Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson

Josh Sussman as Jacob Ben Israel

Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins

Other Cases
    Matt Bomer as Cooper Anderson would come back if he was asked.

Gwyneth Paltrow as Holly Holliday would come back if she was asked.

Gloria Estefan has expressed interest in coming back.

The winner of the season two of The Glee Project will appear as a recurring character.

Spoilers
Plot
    "Next year will be a renaissance. Two shows within a show," Fox boss Kevin Reilly said today at the network's upfront presentation. "We'll follow some of our graduates to the Big Apple as they try to cut it at a college for the performing arts." Even though Rachel, Finn and Kurt have graduated from McKinley, the writers have confirmed that the three will be an active part in season 4. They will also help out in New Directions. The members of the Cheerios will become advisors.

The fourth season will get back to the underdogs status for the characters.

This season will be very pop-culture based.

Ryan said: "the show next year will have less characters than we’ve ever had and I think that’s a good thing."

Will and Emma won't get married right away.

Will and Sue will get new enemies

New Characters

Sarah Jessica Parker has signed on for a guest appearance.

Kate Hudson has signed for 6 episodes. She will be playing as the new coach of Vocal Adrenaline.

Rosario Dawson was offered a 3 episodes role but rejected the offer. It was given to Kate Hudson making it 6 episodes.

A new show-choir rival for the New Direction. (Possible names: Poison Gas Choir, New York's Iron Voices or Iron Voices)

Music

They are doing a second Britney Spears tribute which will include 8 of her songs.

Production

The New York sets are being built where they usually film so the cast can continue working together. They are looking into shooting in NYC too.

Shooting for Season 4 starts July 2012.

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Where did you get the info on characters because unless they take Joe out to make room for Joseph I can't believe them having two people with the same name.

Also do you have any information on what Kurt's doing in NY?

Chatty Lunatic

10,475 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
Mistaken Faerie
Where did you get the info on characters because unless they take Joe out to make room for Joseph I can't believe them having two people with the same name.

Also do you have any information on what Kurt's doing in NY?

Those were just possible characters that hadn't been confirmed and have been taken down somewhere between the time i posted this til now But there is a part in my post where Ryan Murphy said this will be the smallest amount of people in glee club. All the names have been taken down (I don't know why) so maybe it wasn't meant to be posted yet or something. As for as Kurt being in NY I don't know how it's going to work. Most of the graduating seniors are going to be in New York so me may spend a few episodes there or even move out there, but it said most are still gonna help out with the new direction.

5,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Another...Britney...Tribute....
YUSH!
My dream come TRUE
wow, thanks! this is so cool!

Fashionable Hunter

I kind of wish they were letting the seniors "go", but I guess it's not as exciting when I don't want to kill Finchel or feel happy about their relationship troubles. It's kind of unfortunate that I can't see them making a big deal about Quinn at Yale or Mike at NYU because that would give it a nice break from Finchel. I hope to see a lot of Kurt though, and Tina and Mercedes for sure.
They have to keep Sam - if not for his voice then for the reason that I want his fine piece of a-- ... That is another story but, yes I am hoping they keep Sugar Motta as well.

Kurt has to stay, or at least they need to make a 2nd Glee show called something else so we can follow Kurt and Rachel in NY - though he didn't get in...something needs to happen. :/

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
kakteed
I kind of wish they were letting the seniors "go", but I guess it's not as exciting when I don't want to kill Finchel or feel happy about their relationship troubles. It's kind of unfortunate that I can't see them making a big deal about Quinn at Yale or Mike at NYU because that would give it a nice break from Finchel. I hope to see a lot of Kurt though, and Tina and Mercedes for sure.

I thought Mike was going to a school in Chicago
I hadn't heard Murphy say that there will be less characters.
If it's true, I feel much more optimistic about S4. I think most of the problems come from having too damn many people, and then no one gets the time or development they deserve

But I'd secretly be super okay with all of the seniors leaving for good.
Whoops.

12,800 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Tycoon 200
rubythemonster
If it's true, I feel much more optimistic about S4. I think most of the problems come from having too damn many people, and then no one gets the time or development they deserve

Whoops.

So true about more time/development with fewer ppl! When you say you're ok with seniors leaving for good, do you mean the seniors that just graduated, or next year's seniors? haha! whee

Chatty Lunatic

10,475 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
Confirmed Departures

Ashley Fink as Lauren Zizes Source

Lindsay Pearce as Harmony.

im still wondering about sam they haven't said anything about him and he wasn't even a senior was he ...
arika-toteshi-ka
rubythemonster

Whoops.

So true about more time/development with fewer ppl! When you say you're ok with seniors leaving for good, do you mean the seniors that just graduated, or next year's seniors? haha! whee

The seniors who just graduated, Class of 2012. I think a constant rotation of characters is really the only way for the show to work. With the first class gone, only 3-ish people would be leaving each year from now on, instead of this giant purge.

Fashionable Hunter

Mistaken Faerie
kakteed

Wha? But what happened to Tina sending his application and portfolio to Tisch? Maybe I didn't catch something, but I thought he was going to NYU.

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
kakteed
Mistaken Faerie
kakteed

Wha? But what happened to Tina sending his application and portfolio to Tisch? Maybe I didn't catch something, but I thought he was going to NYU.

He said "I was all set to go to ____. But _____ in Chicago offered me a full scholarship." in Goodbye didn't catch the name of the schools though so I could be wrong

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff