Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lady Amaranthine

Her life has been hard, man. You can't say she's had everything work out perfectly, because she hasn't.
Kurt's life has been equally as hard, if not more, but he's gotten everything he's wanted.

Sooo.... Rachel has gotten nothing, but Kurt has had all his wishes come true?

And what are Kurt's wishes? NY and a boyfriend? Is that all?

I also recall Kurt wishing to be cast as the roll of Tony. He wasn't.
I remember him wishing he would win the senior class presidency. He didn't.
I remember him wanting to be accepted by his peers at McKinley in the Prom episode (or at least not hated for being gay). Instead he was publicly humiliated.
Also, that boyfriend that he got? He's a junior. Now Kurt has to spend a year apart from him.

As for Rachel getting nothing...

Remember how she has gotten solos for almost all of the glee competitions?
Remember how, after her struggles with Finn, finally landed a guy AND thinks she has found her soul mate and is getting married? (Not that I approve of that story line, but we know Rachel is apparently down with it)
Remember how she won her audition for Maria?
Remember how she got a call back for NYADA, which get her this far in the first place?
Remember when Rachel was voted the glee club VIP in season 2?

Now, I'm not saying Rachel's life has been perfect. It hasn't.
But she's not in a competition with Kurt, nor should she be.
And if she was... well, little old me from a very conservative town with lots of lgbt friends is going to side with struggles against a homophobic society as being a bigger hurdle to overcome than getting into your top choice for college, but I guess that's just a matter of opinion. Not to mention that the only time they have ever been in direct competition with each other and one of them has won was where their boyfriends are concerned, and that final score came out as a tie.

I don't understand how it makes sense to be upset that a kid who has been through as much as Kurt has is finally seeing one dream come true, just because another character who has struggled with different things hasn't achieved that same dream. Yet.

But let's honestly think about it. Glee has been building up Rachel's story for how many episodes now? From the very first episode, her story has been about making it big and becoming a star. They're not going to just give up on that story now. As any good writer knows, you have to keep throwing obstacles at your characters in order to make the story interesting. And at the very end, you need to throw the big obstacles at them for the big finale, in order to heighten the drama and suspense as much as possible. Rachel is going to New York. She will be a star and she will be successful. How?

Well, remember that Whoopi Goldberg is going to be in at least one more episode. Chances are pretty good that Rachel will find a way to impress her and be given another chance to audition. (And then make it into NYADA) Or, it's possible that they'll drop the NYADA stuff, but have another opportunity fall right into her lap. This isn't the end for glee. Rachel is going to succeed, and her failing in this episode is just going to make her eventual success all the more dramatic.

(Rachel's a Diva, after all. She deserves something dramatic.)

7,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Well I loved Lea in this episode; I often think she is overacting, but this felt very real to me. I can totally understand how she feels and how it seems like the end of her world right now. Of course it isn't, but sometimes it feels that way. Like when you break up with someone you really love, and it feels like you're never gonna get better.

Of course Beiste story was very sad, and her acting was great too. I just felt like... like this story was put into the episode to cram it with drama. And the fact that nothing led to it, not even a little hint in a past episode (I know sometimes real domestic violence is without any warning signs, but this is TV), made me think it hasn't been planned well enough.

As for Puck, yes it sucks. His confidence is already low and all, but I can't help thinking he had it comming, not giving a ******** about it before it was almost too late. I guess it means he'll be full time in the next season too, which is good news for me, I like him.
garra_eyes
Lady Amaranthine

Her life has been hard, man. You can't say she's had everything work out perfectly, because she hasn't.
Kurt's life has been equally as hard, if not more, but he's gotten everything he's wanted.

Sooo.... Rachel has gotten nothing, but Kurt has had all his wishes come true?

And what are Kurt's wishes? NY and a boyfriend? Is that all?

I also recall Kurt wishing to be cast as the roll of Tony. He wasn't.
I remember him wishing he would win the senior class presidency. He didn't.
I remember him wanting to be accepted by his peers at McKinley in the Prom episode (or at least not hated for being gay). Instead he was publicly humiliated.
Also, that boyfriend that he got? He's a junior. Now Kurt has to spend a year apart from him.

As for Rachel getting nothing...

Remember how she has gotten solos for almost all of the glee competitions?
Remember how, after her struggles with Finn, finally landed a guy AND thinks she has found her soul mate and is getting married? (Not that I approve of that story line, but we know Rachel is apparently down with it)
Remember how she won her audition for Maria?
Remember how she got a call back for NYADA, which get her this far in the first place?
Remember when Rachel was voted the glee club VIP in season 2?

Now, I'm not saying Rachel's life has been perfect. It hasn't.
But she's not in a competition with Kurt, nor should she be.
And if she was... well, little old me from a very conservative town with lots of lgbt friends is going to side with struggles against a homophobic society as being a bigger hurdle to overcome than getting into your top choice for college, but I guess that's just a matter of opinion. Not to mention that the only time they have ever been in direct competition with each other and one of them has won was where their boyfriends are concerned, and that final score came out as a tie.

I don't understand how it makes sense to be upset that a kid who has been through as much as Kurt has is finally seeing one dream come true, just because another character who has struggled with different things hasn't achieved that same dream. Yet.

But let's honestly think about it. Glee has been building up Rachel's story for how many episodes now? From the very first episode, her story has been about making it big and becoming a star. They're not going to just give up on that story now. As any good writer knows, you have to keep throwing obstacles at your characters in order to make the story interesting. And at the very end, you need to throw the big obstacles at them for the big finale, in order to heighten the drama and suspense as much as possible. Rachel is going to New York. She will be a star and she will be successful. How?

Well, remember that Whoopi Goldberg is going to be in at least one more episode. Chances are pretty good that Rachel will find a way to impress her and be given another chance to audition. (And then make it into NYADA) Or, it's possible that they'll drop the NYADA stuff, but have another opportunity fall right into her lap. This isn't the end for glee. Rachel is going to succeed, and her failing in this episode is just going to make her eventual success all the more dramatic.

(Rachel's a Diva, after all. She deserves something dramatic.)

Yeah, when I made this thread I was a bit emotional, and I'm sorry that it made it seem like Kurt didn't deserve it, because I know he did.
I'm just so sad that she didn't make it, and I did see it coming, as soon as I read the spoiler that one of them might not make it.
I knew Kurt would nail his audition, because everything on his NYADA application like being president and Tony that he didn't receive would have given him that extra boost towards admissions, but his performance is what pushed him over the top.
As for Rachel getting Maria and solos and all of that good stuff, I think failing the audition helped balanced out her and Kurt's applications, which in the long run, keeps us guessing as to who is gonna make it.
I honestly hope that both of them do, but I can see her going to NY regardless, in response to what others said about her bouncing back. I know she can do that.

Thank you for replying so respectfully and sorry that I didn't think with my mind, but instead with my heart. ^^ My thoughts are more rational now.

Partying Streaker

Casanova Rodeo
I'm glad you people all have your priorities in the right place. An innocent woman is being beaten
but you're all crapping yourselves over the most obnoxious little princess not getting her way.
Rachel is talented. She will have more opportunities, and the fact that everyone is so broken
up over this shows me that even her fans don't have any faith in her. Beiste is stuck in a situation
that few people conquer without consequence. Puck will probably end up in a worse way than he is.
But no, let us all cry over the talented, pampered princess Rachel.

Thank you for being the only person to point this out. Yes, I was sad for Rachel, but I was far more concerned with Beiste. As someone who has been in an abusive relationship, Bieste's story chilled me to the bone. Making excuses, saying the same things so many victims of abuse say...it was frightening.

Though the crowning moment of the night for me was Sue's speech to the Glee girls.

"Now I realize this room is America's #1 destination for cheap, sappy moralizing, but your insensitive behavior is about to subject you to a whole new level of preachiness."

The fourth wall means nothing to Sue.

Shameless Nerd

27,375 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I knew this was gonna happen, Rachel bombing her audition, and I was happy as a clam about it, I've hated Rachel for about 2 and a half seasons and I was ready to see her crushed to bitty pieces. Does that make me a bad person? Probably. But when it happened I actually felt kind of bad for her. However, I do think that she needs to get over it, and get her plan b together so she can still get her ultimate dream, to be on Broadway.. Maybe now she won't be so arrogant and rude to everyone. And anyone who couldn't tell that she was rehearsing her, "I'm sorry you didn't make it" speech for Kurt in between song rehearsals is burying their head in the sand.

Friendly Cat

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Medalist 100
Makes for an interesting season 3. rofl
I didn't except that to happen at all! I was so sad :/ That episode was definitive a shocking episode. I thought SPOILER ALERT: Puck was going to get her A and Rachel was going to nail her audition.

Angelic Prophet

I like Rachel, when I saw her choke.... Omg I got teary. (Also got teary about Beiste and what she decided at the end.) 20yr old guy crying over Rachel choking, I don't know what happened, I was just really sad about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff