Welcome to Gaia! ::

I loved this episode. The songs were fantastic (Florence + The Machine, My Fair Lady AND The Boy Next Door?! XD), Tina got two solos, and Rachel got HER'S. Don't get me wrong, I love Lea Michele to pieces, and I always have. But Rachel makes me want to tear my hair out.

I'm sorry, but I've choked at a big audition, too, but this isn't the end of the world for Rachel. There are other music schools out there, and she'll have other auditions, with a variety of outcomes. That's showbiz. I'm sick and tired of Schue the non-teacher playing ******** favorites with her! Because what did that lead to, huh? The other Gleeks hardly every getting a chance to shine, and Rachel never experiencing rejection. This will be the first of many for Rachel, but it doesn't ******** mean her dreams are over. Chill out, guys.

In all honesty, I hate Rachel's character, and I don't see why Finn puts up with her at all. Hell, she's told him repeatedly that she'll put her dreams before his in a heartbeat, and he's just along for the rides and the sex. That's not love, that's manipulation. Rachel, Quinn, and Santana for that matter all get to get away with everything on the show, with the excuse being "that's just their personality." BULLSHIT. Hell, even Santana and Quinn have had to deal with heavier s**t than Rachel ever has. But at leasat they've both managed to show the TINIEST (yes, I mean you, Quinn...) bit of maturity in the process. Rachel's mind is still very much that of a child. She wants what she wants, and ******** everyone else...EVEN KURT.

Kurt never did anything to sabotage Rachel, and now she goes and tries to throw his a** under the bus. ******** that. Kurt's performance was amazing. I'm so glad he went with that amazing gut of his.

Also, Dot Jones was amazing in this episode. Honestly, I never pegged Cooter as a wife beater, and regardless, I realize this is a soap, and they need to fill their controversy quota. Nevertheless, DJ gave an amazing performance as Beiste, and I look forward to seeing how this storyline unfolds.
Lady Amaranthine

Yeah, Kurt's been bullied, sexually harrassed and assaulted (idk if there's another term for that).
He's had to deal with coming out and being accepted.

Yup. I know. Rachel's had it so much harder. Having Finn ride on her coat tails for the past three years, two parents who love and support her despite her crushing everyone else's dreams just to get her's, AND a huge circle of friends. But, oh no, she didn't get into one of the hundreds of great and prestigious music schools in the country, despite trying to sabotage her "best friend" in the process?! :O

Yes, poor, poor, Rachel. rolleyes
Im Upset that old betty white has a big chance to pass
x0_FATIMAGIC
Lady Amaranthine

Yeah, Kurt's been bullied, sexually harrassed and assaulted (idk if there's another term for that).

Yup. I know. Rachel's had it so much harder. Having Finn ride on her coat tails for the past three years, two parents who love and support her despite her crushing everyone else's dreams just to get her's, AND a huge circle of friends. But, oh no, she didn't get into one of the hundreds of great and prestigious music schools in the country, despite trying to sabotage her "best friend" in the process?! :O

I dont get who your supporting O.O
Lady Amaranthine
Roger Meadowbrook
Actually, I think it's about freaking time that everything didn't just work out perfectly for Rachel and that Kurt has been getting a lot more attention lately. Sure, Rachel still got to close the show, but overall, I'm glad to see they're shaking things up a bit.

I'm sorry, have you watched the second season? It was all about Kurt. And they even cut so much screen time of the New Directions for him and the Warblers.
After all of that screen time, Kurt and Blaine turned me off so much.

Plus, everything hasn't perfectly worked out for Rachel Berry.
In season one, Finn left her to have that stupid dating threesome with Brittany and Santana. She dated Jesse St. james, who EGGED her. In season two, Finn broke up with her (this is her fault for cheating, I realize), EVERYONE turned down her ideas, especially for writing original songs, until Quinn stood up for her. I can't think of anything for season three except the overall emphasis on rejection of Rachel's ideas or actions for being selfish, such as going to New York or running for senior class president. They were waaaay too harsh on her for that. She's also had to deal with her insecurities of Finn dating Quinn twice, as well as acceptance.
Her life has been hard, man. You can't say she's had everything work out perfectly, because she hasn't.
Kurt's life has been equally as hard, if not more, but he's gotten everything he's wanted.
I'm waiting for something to wrong or to happen with him.
His storyline isn't realistic at all.

Yes, because getting dumped by two boyfriends and having one's balls on lockdown despite the fact that you've told him to his face that your dreams are more important than his sucks so much.

Rachel hasn't risked family members reject her, nor been bullied, harassed (despite the egging and the slushy-ing, which let's be honest, happens to practically everyone on this show when it would never happen in any real high school).

Rachel has never had to sacrifice her dreams for ******** anyone, while Kurt blew a solo just so HIS DAD wouldn't have to deal with people calling his son a f*****t. And also, Kurt had to watch while his father was possibly dying. But yup. Getting dumped twice and blowing one audition out of a career's worth is way worse.

And let's be real, if this show has been about anybody over the past three years, it's been about Rachel and Finn.
Sebastian SmytheGLEE
x0_FATIMAGIC
Lady Amaranthine

LOL. Kurt. I'm on Kurt's side here. Eyeroll emote = sarcasm. smile
x0_FATIMAGIC
Sebastian SmytheGLEE
x0_FATIMAGIC
Lady Amaranthine

LOL. Kurt. I'm on Kurt's side here. Eyeroll emote = sarcasm. smile

Well i got the impression your supporting Rachel ahahha

Phantom

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
LOL sebastian
Rachel Babra Berry
LOL sebastian

Despite my undying love for Lea Michele, I hate you, Rachel. With a passion. You do know there's more than one great dramatic arts school out there, right?

(Nice cosplay. smile )

Phantom

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
x0_FATIMAGIC
Rachel Babra Berry
LOL sebastian

Despite my undying love for Lea Michele, I hate you, Rachel. With a passion. You do know there's more than one great dramatic arts school out there, right?

(Nice cosplay. smile )

Thanks and... Rachel's character is modelled after Lea Michele's behavior during her audition =D
I was very disappointed that rachel choked! cause I knew that she would have made it, but it was bound to happen, But she is still awesome and should deserve more for herself! gossh! I wanted to cry when she sand the Song "Cry" I just had to burst out into tears and really think to myself OMG whyyy!! RAACHEL WHY!

Phantom

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
Yuuharuki
I was very disappointed that rachel choked! cause I knew that she would have made it, but it was bound to happen, But she is still awesome and should deserve more for herself! gossh! I wanted to cry when she sand the Song "Cry" I just had to burst out into tears and really think to myself OMG whyyy!! RAACHEL WHY!
true =(
Lady Amaranthine
Casanova Rodeo
I'm glad you people all have your priorities in the right place. An innocent woman is being beaten
but you're all crapping yourselves over the most obnoxious little princess not getting her way.
Rachel is talented. She will have more opportunities, and the fact that everyone is so broken
up over this shows me that even her fans don't have any faith in her. Beiste is stuck in a situation
that few people conquer without consequence. Puck will probably end up in a worse way than he is.
But no, let us all cry over the talented, pampered princess Rachel.

I'm glad you assume that I don't care about Bieste being in an abusive relationship.
Really, it just makes my day.
I decided to make a thread based on ONE aspect of tonight's episode that I was upset with.
If I elaborated on more than one, this thread would have been a major shitfest with different topics and thoughts everywhere.
Of course I am devastated that Puck didn't pass his test; I really thought he had a chance after that meeting with his father and the studying they did. He was awfully cute with that study song, and it was one of my favorite scenes.
With Bieste, she embodied the first stages of a typical person that is involved in an abusive relationship, and the first second she told Sue she stayed with her "sister", I knew she was making it up and went back to Cooter.
I really hope they elaborate on Bieste's story and it doesn't end there, because that's honestly a ton of crap.
Rachel messing up her Nyada audition devastated me more because her applying has been in the works since the first episode of the season, if not the last of the second season.
I'm sorry that you assume I don't give two shits about a guy flunking out high school or a woman being abused in a relationship, but that's not fair of you to criticize what topic I elaborate on and imply that's all I care about.

It just irked me entirely that it SEEMED that Rachel choking was the biggest issue of the episode,
but in response to this and another comment about me lumping every person together, I do
apologize because that was unfair. I was extremely emotional after having just watched the episode,
so I wasn't in the best of spirits.

Obsessive Lover

12,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Rachel will bounce back. She always does. So I'm not too worried about her.

I am worried about Bieste and Puck though. I flipped my lid when I saw she had gone back to Cooter. And Puck...I hate the way they just let him fail like that. His confidence was already low enough, now it's in the hole.
I was actually rooting for one of them to get shot down. Because that kind of thing happens all the time. For every musician/artist that gets their dream, hundreds of others crash and burn or fizzle out before they get their break, and /both/ of them making it is unrealistic to such a high degree it's pure fantasy. Everyone working on Glee should know this, since it's their business.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff