Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have a pillow pet <3

Me too! 0.41666666666667 41.7% [ 15 ]
I don't :( 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 8 ]
Wtf? 0.36111111111111 36.1% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 36 ]
1 2 >

Am I the only one who thinks this?
I know they've sang some of her songs already.
But really if Justin Bieber can have an episode so should she.
Who doesn't think it would amazing seeing Sebestain or Santana sing Hot n Cold? mmm<33
Or like Rachel, or Quinn or Mercedes singing "Thinking of You."
It would be just awesome in my opinion.
Anyone agree?
I wouldn't mind seeing one,

Dapper Bloodsucker

11,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
I'd rather have a fun. episode. Or GaGa.
Zelos Peace
I'd rather have a fun. episode. Or GaGa.

They had a Gaga episode, season 1, last episode "Theatrically".

Ladykiller

They have King of Katy Perry, Blaine Anderson, already.
And they've covered so many of her songs already. I'm good without one.
And @Zelos Peace: They essentially had TWO Gaga episodes, Theatricality in season 1 and Born This Way in season 2.

Besides, they said that they're only doing one tribute episode this season, so I don't think they're doing anymore this season after Michael.

Dapper Bloodsucker

11,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
I mean, I want the guys to do GaGa, too. In Theatricality, most of the guys did Kiss. In Born This Way, they only did 1 GaGa song. I want an episode that is fully GaGa. But I'll be fine with a FUN. episode since they did "We Are Young." I'd also love a Billy Joel episode.

And to tell the truth, I don't like the tribute episodes much anyways. Except for Michael Jackson. That episode was superb.

9,050 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
They've already done a lot of her songs already so I don't think they need to do one.
but katy perry's song catalogue is complete s**t so how could they do an episode on it........
no thanks.

and justin bieber nor gaga had a tribute episode neutral

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
Smextacy
but katy perry's song catalogue is complete s**t so how could they do an episode on it........
no thanks.

Eh, they copied their style enough for it to be classed as tribute enough for me.
Smextacy
no thanks.

Yes they did. Justin Bieber's was in episode 2 "The Comeback" and Lady Gaga had 2 tribute episodes, season 1 "Theatrically" and season 2 "Born this Way".
Hi Im Kristen
Smextacy
no thanks.

Yes they did. Justin Bieber's was in episode 2 "The Comeback" and Lady Gaga had 2 tribute episodes, season 1 "Theatrically" and season 2 "Born this Way".

they did two songs of Justin Bieber's in "The Comeback"
they did 2 Gaga songs in "Theatricality" and only 1 Gaga song in "Born this Way"

tell me how these are tribute episodes again?

Ladykiller

Smextacy

they did 2 Gaga songs in "Theatricality" and only 1 Gaga song in "Born this Way"

Just because you don't think they covered enough of their songs, doesn't automatically make it not a tribute episode.
For the Gaga episodes, it was more about understanding her point of view on things, rather than the quantity of her songs sung. Theatricality showed us the importance and of the sheer amount of stage presence Gaga has. Born This Way showed us what Gaga sees humans as; beautiful no matter if you're gay, straight, orange, purple or dinosaur.

As for the Beiber episode, I'm assuming it was just to satisfy the hearts of all the pre-teen girls who watch Glee (which, I'm assuming, is the majority of the Glee viewers). Usually, Shuester would make the tribute artist as the assignment of the week (even though the kids had to fight pretty hard for Britney), but Beiber's a touchy subject when it comes to 'true talent and inspiration'. So adding him in as an assignment of the week may have seemed odd (I mean, what is there to learn from a teenager from a 'small town' in Canada? - I've been to Stratford, Ontario. It's not small.) Instead, they incorporated him into the episode another way.
Again, just because the quantity of their songs covered doesn't seem to be enough to be deemed tribute episodes, in your opinion, doesn't mean that, ultimately, they are not.
O r a l F ii x a t i o n
Smextacy

Just because you don't think they covered enough of their songs, doesn't automatically make it not a tribute episode.
For the Gaga episodes, it was more about understanding her point of view on things, rather than the quantity of her songs sung. Theatricality showed us the importance and of the sheer amount of stage presence Gaga has. Born This Way showed us what Gaga sees humans as; beautiful no matter if you're gay, straight, orange, purple or dinosaur.

As for the Beiber episode, I'm assuming it was just to satisfy the hearts of all the pre-teen girls who watch Glee (which, I'm assuming, is the majority of the Glee viewers). Usually, Shuester would make the tribute artist as the assignment of the week (even though the kids had to fight pretty hard for Britney), but Beiber's a touchy subject when it comes to 'true talent and inspiration'. So adding him in as an assignment of the week may have seemed odd (I mean, what is there to learn from a teenager from a 'small town' in Canada? - I've been to Stratford, Ontario. It's not small.) Instead, they incorporated him into the episode another way.
Again, just because the quantity of their songs covered doesn't seem to be enough to be deemed tribute episodes, in your opinion, doesn't mean that, ultimately, they are not.

except when essentially a "glee tribute episode" refers to a whole episode dedicated to that artist's songs.

see: madonna, michael, britney, fleetwood mac.

i'm not saying it's not an actual tribute tothe artists, because every cover on this show is considered a tribute in its own right. i'm just saying that a "glee tribute episode" is implied that the whole episode is just a single artists covers (par the ridiculous paramore cover at the end of the britney episode.)
Smextacy
Hi Im Kristen
Smextacy
no thanks.

The whole episode is based on them.
If it weren't a tribute, in The Comback, they wouldn't have talked about J.B so much, the woulda sang a song then moved on. But legit thats all the episode was really. Same with the Lady gaga one. Why else would they dress up in Lady gaga outfits for a week?

Profitable Businesswoman

8,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
If they had a Kety Perry episode, I would pee myself with happiness.
They need to do California Gurls, with a dance routine and everything. That botched up remix version that the Cheerios did for a hot second doesn't count.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff