Welcome to Gaia! ::

12,800 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Tycoon 200
garra_eyes
O r a l F ii x a t i o n

@garra_eyes: No offence, but tldr. I don't think anyone would want to read all of that just to prove that their hatred towards a fictional character is injustice.

*shrug*

I ramble, and then hours later realize that I've written a lot on the subject. I doubt people who don't like Blaine will read a lot on why I disagree, because... well, let's be honest. The chances would already be pretty low of someone reading my dissenting opinion, whether it's long or not.

Still, I spent a lot of time writing it, and all that time would feel wasted if I didn't post it. I think it's far more likely that someone who does like Blaine would read that post, and then at least they might get something out of it. And that's good enough for me.

I like Blaine, thanks for posting that (not that you posted it for me ^^) it was definitely worth the read! I get that people don't like him, but he isn't 2D like everyone says he is.

4,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Sebastian Effing Smythe.
I want to like him because Grant.
But I can't.
Because he's effing miserable and scary and he's said some things to Kurt that...
No.
URGH. I'll come back later when I can put this into words. He's put Blaine in surgery and tried to land Kurt there and he's effing miserable to everyone including Santana and just... ugh. Does he do anything without ulterior motives or the intense drive to be a horrible person?
RACHEL BERRY. xp

Dapper Dabbler

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
arika-toteshi-ka
garra_eyes
O r a l F ii x a t i o n

@garra_eyes: No offence, but tldr. I don't think anyone would want to read all of that just to prove that their hatred towards a fictional character is injustice.

*shrug*

I ramble, and then hours later realize that I've written a lot on the subject. I doubt people who don't like Blaine will read a lot on why I disagree, because... well, let's be honest. The chances would already be pretty low of someone reading my dissenting opinion, whether it's long or not.

Still, I spent a lot of time writing it, and all that time would feel wasted if I didn't post it. I think it's far more likely that someone who does like Blaine would read that post, and then at least they might get something out of it. And that's good enough for me.

I like Blaine, thanks for posting that (not that you posted it for me ^^) it was definitely worth the read! I get that people don't like him, but he isn't 2D like everyone says he is.

I just wanted to say thank you for writing that. I read all of it as well. I agree their are huge inconsistencies but I think the writers are trying. Yes, they could have dealt with some situations differently but they have 40 ish minutes to get across their message. I can't wait for the episode with Blaine's brother, some back story will be great. I really can't say I hate anyone, some characters have a tendency to get on my nerves though. Oh, so when exactly in season two did they ever say how old Blaine was? I guess maybe with the way he is portrayed as the leader of the Warblers and a mentor for Kurt everyone just assumed he was older then Kurt.
MarsMasao
arika-toteshi-ka
garra_eyes
O r a l F ii x a t i o n

*shrug*

I just wanted to say thank you for writing that. I read all of it as well. I agree their are huge inconsistencies but I think the writers are trying. Yes, they could have dealt with some situations differently but they have 40 ish minutes to get across their message. I can't wait for the episode with Blaine's brother, some back story will be great.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. ^.^
Sometimes it's just nice to have some character lovin' in the midst of a character hatin' thread.

MarsMasao
Oh, so when exactly in season two did they ever say how old Blaine was? I guess maybe with the way he is portrayed as the leader of the Warblers and a mentor for Kurt everyone just assumed he was older then Kurt.

They never actually definitively stated his age in the show in season 2. It was just a mess of things said in interviews, as well as some lines on the show that were... misleading.

Blaine as a senior: When Blaine came on the show, there were several interviews where Darren said that Blaine was a year ahead of Kurt. Ryan also said on several occasions that Blaine was older. It wasn't stated anywhere in the show, but fans who kept up on interviews were all given this information. More importantly, Darren was given this information. That means he played the role as an older character, which is a bit of an annoying inconsistency that we have now.

Blaine as a junior: In the second half of season 2, there were more developments between Kurt and Blaine and Klainers got super excited about their ship becoming cannon, but were also really worried about Blaine being a senior, and therefore probably not being around the next year. Then Silly Love Songs happened. When Wes calls Blaine in front of the Warbler council, he refers to him as "Junior member, Blaine Anderson." And we rejoiced! Blaine's a junior! Yay! *throws confetti* Then in the New York episode, when Kurt and Rachel talk about moving to NY after they graduate, Kurt says, "I already talked to Blaine and he's on board," indicating that Blaine would be graduating with them and joining them in New York. So, when season 2 ended, most of us thought Blaine was a junior.

Blaine as a junior....again: Then of course, season 3 rolled around and in I Am Unicorn, Blaine said that he was a junior. And people freaked because they called him a junior last year! But then as multiple people pointed out (including, I think, Brad), calling someone a junior member doesn't necessarily denote that the person is a Junior in school. It's just not a senior member.

So that's the story of Blaine Button Anderson's age. They never flat out stated an age until season 3, but through season 2 it was commonly understood that Blaine was first a senior and then a junior.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff