Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Yes, I'm well aware that it's fictional and that all high schools have a bullying problem. But I find it hard to believe that a suburban high school like McKinley would have that bad of a bullying problem.

Has anyone here gone to a school just as bad or worse than McKinley?
Well at my older siblings high school my older brother and his friends shoved a boy in the trash bin a lot and he shaved a guys head out of no where. My older sister beat people up. She gets away with it because boys look like wusses when they ask for help and girls get beat up through rough play in sports. BTW I went to a different high school but McKinley isn't that bad, well compared to what I know.

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
I went to a high school with relatively no bullying, so I can't really relate to the school on that level.
I am more disgusted with the fact that they don't really do anything about all the bullying.
Not at all! My high school had NO bullying problems.
I noticed the bullying problem, too. It's so overdone it's hilarious.
gypsiebaby
I went to a high school with relatively no bullying, so I can't really relate to the school on that level.
I go to a high school were I don't see bullying. I mean people call each other faggots and whatnot, but people just get over it. But we do have some fights every once and again. The most recent was so ******** stupid.

Mega Friend

My school has bullies but it's not throw-a-slushie-in-your-face-shove-you-into-the-lockers-constant-harassment bullying. It's idiotic kids cussing weaker kids out.
They seriously over do it on the show as well as other things.

Dapper Dabbler

Where I went to school at, it was worse.
If you think Sue is bad you'd be revolted by the school system in my town.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Seems like a normal high school to me
only difference to me is that they actually go into depth with all the dramatic things that happen.

Magical Shoujo

11,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
As mermaid eater said, it seems pretty normal for a high school. My high school was pretty bad with bullying, there were a few kids that even went as far as committing suicide over it. Saddens me that there are actual schools like this.

Devoted Hunter

8,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Considering the high school I go to has had more suicides in the past few years than I can count on one hand and I frequently notice people harassing others in the hallways and other places...yes, high schools can have bullying problems that bad. While kids aren't getting shoved into dumpsters or getting slushies in the face, their is still a problem, though its more subtle. If you look, and sometimes even when you don't mean to, you see it happening in the halls.

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
I don't really remember much bullying in my high school. I mean, yeah, we had fights and stuff, but a lot of those were gang related, which I don't see as bullying. I didn't really notice a lot of harassment, I guess is what I'm saying.
My elementary school on the other hand was a ******** nightmare for anyone who wasn't beautiful/handsome and/or wealthy.
There were some sporadic major bullying incidents at my high school, and yes, there's some major homophobia and verbal abuse. On the Day of Silence, there were people who were wearing the silence stickers and talking. Now that pissed me off. Either wear it, or don't. But don't pledge to be silent because "it's cool", and then talk. That's just disrespectful. But there was nothing really in the ballpark of McKinley.

I realize that McKinley is a fictional school, but there's bullying left and right, and nobody on the faculty does anything about it. Geez.

High-functioning Bunny

18,125 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
We had the standard "Ignore the principal as she screams for us to stop hazing the freshman and 7th and 8th graders" type of high school. We had a hierarchy of basketball players (male and female), really talented art, fashion design and music students, the really smart kids and anyone else on a team that won all the time. But, nothing too serious would happen.

The high school 4 blocks down the street was a completely different story. My friend went there and nearly everyday she'd tell me that so and so through a chair at someone else, this person maced the other, this guy got jumped on, etc.

I agree with the people who said that the bullying at McKinley isn't that far-fetched. Glee is a fictional drama.

5,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I think all schools has some form of bullying...
But I do agree that McKinley is ridiculous! The fact that they get slushied all the time and they don't anything about it. (Just an example) I don't think any school would tolerate that, or at least not do something about it. I agree.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff