Welcome to Gaia! ::

Potato and Cheese

Yay gold 1 100.0% [ 56 ]
Total Votes:[ 56 ]
1 2 >

I dream of a day when Gleek Gaians and Anti-Glee Gaians can get together and discuss the show in a sophisticated and deferential manner. Or is that too much to ask?

Seriously, this is how it goes:
OMGglee_sux: *makes a thread* GLEE SUX! [provides no reason or explanation backing up his claim, thus making him more susceptible of trolling]
F_u_gleekz: I KNO RIGHT!!!1111 ITS SO DUMB! [does same as OP]
GLEELUVERZ: OMG Y R U EVEN HERE IF U DNT LIKE IT?!?! GLEE IZ DA BEST SHOW EVARZ!

Can we, you know, have our opinions but don't make an a** of ourselves while doing it? :
Although some people have REALLY wacked out reasoning at times? (Just an example: Not liking the main character because she wears a pink sweater, claiming a show is racist because the cast is all-white and it was set at around medieval times, etc.)

I guess I better prepare for the worse... *Grabs a flame shield*

5,700 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
xxStellaLUNA
I dream of a day when Gleek Gaians and Anti-Glee Gaians can get together and discuss the show in a sophisticated and deferential manner. Or is that too much to ask?

Seriously, this is how it goes:
OMGglee_sux: *makes a thread* GLEE SUX! [provides no reason or explanation backing up his claim, thus making him more susceptible of trolling]
F_u_gleekz: I KNO RIGHT!!!1111 ITS SO DUMB! [does same as OP]
GLEELUVERZ: OMG Y R U EVEN HERE IF U DNT LIKE IT?!?! GLEE IZ DA BEST SHOW EVARZ!

Can we, you know, have our opinions but don't make an a** of ourselves while doing it? :
Although some people have REALLY wacked out reasoning at times? (Just an example: Not liking the main character because she wears a pink sweater, claiming a show is racist because the cast is all-white and it was set at around medieval times, etc.)

I guess I better prepare for the worse... *Grabs a flame shield*

Totally agree with you...why can't haters and fans of i dunno, something (like Glee and Twilight, etc.) discuss their opinions in a respectful and good manner. Like is that too much to ask? I understand that everyone thinks differently and has different opinions on topics but can't we just repect everyone and their decisions?

Dapper Lunatic

Phaedophiler
I know it's their own personal opinion, but when they start flaming oneself out about how sucky the show is rather than keeping their harsh opinions to themselves I find it quite annoying.

I don't think they should keep their opinions to themselves but I've noticed not that many people saying exactly what it is they don't like about Glee. If you don't like Glee that's fine but at least tell us what you don't like about it so we can have a discussion.
Eh, well, I think its rude to go to a topic you DESPISE and then just annoy the fawk out of people who go there to talk about the show(in a good manner).
Especially when most of the glee-haters are just noobs that can't type proper english.
If you don't like glee, don't go flaming on about how "gay" it is to people that actually enjoy the show.
Most of the people that hate glee don't even watch the show; they either assume it sucks
OR
They think they're cool by pissing people off and getting attention.
There wouldn't be a conflict of Glee-haters & Gleeks if the Glee-haters just kept it on the down low.
In other words;
JEEBUS. FRICKEN NARBZ STFU.
Well, I don't know about you... But every other forum I've been in, trying to suppress any individuals opinion is frowned upon.

It's the "haters" with actual opinions, reasons, and arguments (That actually make sense). I don't think they should be shunned or told to GTFO. Now, if they start becoming snarky or rude, then that's another story. Rather than judging him/her for their stance, why don't we just engage in a healthy debate?

And then there are the idiots who spam up Glee threads, claim "Glee sux", and leave, contributing absolutely nothing to the topic at hand. I don't like wasting my time with those ignoramuses. Neither should you. They are either trolls or little children (who shouldn't even be in Gaia).

As someone once said, "I do not agree with your opinion; but I will fight until death for your right to have it."

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Phaedophiler
I agree, Glee is actually a good show - in my opinion. I can't find any fault with it. I don't understand why people would hate it, I know it's their own personal opinion, but when they start flaming oneself out about how sucky the show is rather than keeping their harsh opinions to themselves I find it quite annoying.

I can find some fault with the show, but I still love it.

I did manage to make one intelligent "Why do you hate Glee?" thread a while ago. The most common answer was that it was too over-the-top. My response to that is that Glee is a musical, and a lot of musicals are over-the-top. It's also a comedy, so it's generally allowed to get away with more. And it's also a drama, so they pretty much have to have interesting drama.
Tops and flops of glee:

Tops:
Glee is mostly otigional, they don't really follow a basic storyline of most late nite dramas
Glee can have more than one storyline every episode
Glee characters aren't the normal "Oh we are so bad a**"
The issues are down to earth in Glee, you have the ability to realate to what is going on

Flops:
Alot of the things happening are expected, there isn't much surprising about it
If you miss an eppisode, the next one you see is total confusion
It's like a dirty highscool musical
The music sounds aweful sometimes...

4,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
bump Brown Cargo Pants

4,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants

4,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants

4,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants bump Brown Cargo Pants
i couldn't agree more. whatever happen to having your own opinion without someone trying to impose theirs? I've gotten the vibe that if you don't have their opinion you are an outcast.I'm not a big glee fan but i still respect the ones who do adore it.it's their type of tv show.let them enjoy it :]
I for one like glee. I like their music and the characters. biggrin It makes me laugh almost always though I can also say it IS predictable sometimes. AND offensive(says my rather angelic friend) but what I don't get is why do people hate it so much that they insult it often. Some even call it gay..... i wonder what they mean by that.

Lazy Pup

User ImageUser Image

I agree, why do people make hate threads in here in the first place? I love Glee, the songs are catchy~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff