Welcome to Gaia! ::

I watch Glee, and sort of like it, but there is one thing that really annoys me. It is nothing like real life!
On Glee, once a week they seng completely new songs from before, then are magically able to sing them without even looking at the music, the band that plays for them also magically know the song they're going to sing without them saying it and can magically play it too. When they were at seccionals, they came up with completely new songs and corriagrafy (spelling failure) which they audio new about before anyone discussed it. They also somehow have time to change their outfits between each number.
In real life, it takes practice to be able to perform that well, several months worth of practice. No one knows all the parts to every song or can phycically predict what that song is going to be, unless its a twin thing. The audio booth isn't going to carry a song that another school didn't bring, and didn't know that they needed it. An audiance isn't going to wait 5 minutes for a group to change between each and every song.
I know this for a fact because I am in a glee club, best one in the surrounding counties, most likely the best in the seccion of the state I'm in (not bragging, accual truth). So I, really get annoyed by all this.
Is there anyone else that feels the same way? Did I leave something out? What annoys you about Glee and its fakeness?

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
it is really fake
Yeah, it's unrealistic in that sense. However, I have been around theater people all my life and many of them do act like the characters in Glee. And let's be honest, almost every musical involves people singing songs that they had no previous plan to sing. That's part of the appeal.

And since when is a satire totally unexaggerated?
Yeah, it's unrealistic in that sense. However, I have been around theater people all my life and many of them do act like the characters in Glee. And let's be honest, almost every musical involves people singing songs that they had no previous plan to sing. That's part of the appeal.

And since when is a satire totally unexaggerated?

Festive Witch

24,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
Of course Glee is unrealistic, it's a musical and a dramedy
      Yeah, I do believe you have a point there.
      But then I don't think people would want to watch them repeat singing songs all over and over again like real glee clubs and musicals.
      The show's main purpose is for entertainment, and they sure have done that job well.
      A TV show like Glee won't capture everything a glee club goes through, but would rather get the main points from it.
Pffft, who cares? They're hot. wink
who cares if it's fake, it's still popular! rofl
-represent---72
Pffft, who cares? They're hot. wink

haha....hell yeah!!! mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items