Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Glee is terrible???

YES!!!! 0.40540540540541 40.5% [ 30 ]
NO!!..... (im one of those gleeks) 0.59459459459459 59.5% [ 44 ]
Total Votes:[ 74 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Frostt22 rolled 20 100-sided dice: 63, 18, 45, 36, 17, 91, 32, 82, 65, 35, 4, 20, 37, 1, 57, 98, 76, 81, 69, 29 Total: 956 (20-2000)

honestly how do people like the show? the acting is terribe, majority of the songs and singing SUCKS, the story plot is not interesting in the slightest but people seem to like it simply because its been made a new fad by tv.... any thoughts on opinions i wish to see who else agrees that this show is the stupidist thing around. If you come here to call me a troll i am calling you out to be a troll yourself for coming into MY anti glee post and trolling about my statement & question.
roll of 100=free item but must show me proof. ninja ninja ninja burning_eyes ninja ninja

Fashionable Fatcat

11,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
Good for you.
bump talk2hand

Dapper Lunatic

Frostt22
honestly how do people like the show? the acting is terribe, majority of the songs and singing SUCKS

Well at least you've got legitimate problems with the show. In answer to these questions I don't think said things are terrible myself. There are things I think are poor about the show but they're with the writing. The cast are quite talented (acting and singing) and while I don't like all the songs there are plenty of good ones.

Frostt22
the story plot is not interesting in the slightest

I thought the first series was interesting. Second... not so much though it had some good subplots. I can't speak for the third as I'm pretty far being and am starting to loose interest.

Frostt22
i wish to see who else agrees that this show is the stupidist thing around.

I've seen stupider. Glee has it's fair share of problems but there are much worse things out there.
Kloob
Compared to many other shows out there, Glee is not all that bad. I just recently got into it and have just finished season two, and I haven't seen any of season three yet, sadly.

Though the acting is bad, I think the singing for the most part is not bad at all.

Though, everybody is entitled to their opinions.

I got into it after I heard Rumour Has It/ Someone Like You. Love the Troubletones!
Kloob
Shihen Tenshi
Kloob
Compared to many other shows out there, Glee is not all that bad. I just recently got into it and have just finished season two, and I haven't seen any of season three yet, sadly.

Though the acting is bad, I think the singing for the most part is not bad at all.

Though, everybody is entitled to their opinions.

I got into it after I heard Rumour Has It/ Someone Like You. Love the Troubletones!
They did those two Adele songs? I only remember it when they did Turning Tables or whatever by her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_uchIyNIvc Haven't heard the Turning Tables, they also did Rolling In The Deep.
That's an opinion that you have the right to express.
But, I think the show is great.
It's funny, there's high school drama, and a bit of romance.
It's cute. &The vocals are really stellar.

6,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Autobiographer 200
:boobs:

Never seen it. Don't honestly care to.
Have no opinion. Gleefags make me crazy though. x.x

Glee is terrible! YOUR RIGHT!
Glee is a pretty good show actually, you just gotta get into it. I think the cast does a very good job with their vocals and the songs most of the time are pretty good(:
Frostt22
but people seem to like it simply because its been made a new fad by tv....

Or... maybe they like it because they find it entertaining?

I've never understood the tendency for people to say, "I don't like ____, therefore the only reason anybody else could like it is if they're not thinking about the substance of the show and only watching it because it's popular."

No.

You're entitled to your opinions about glee not being good, and fans are perfectly entitled to their opinions about the show being really good. Neither person is right, because we're all just basing our opinions of whether the show is good or not on our own personal enjoyment of it, which is 100% subjective.

Personally, I like the acting. There are moments when you just have to shake your head at the way certain lines come across (though more often than not I'm shaking my head at the fact that those lines were even written), but there are also times when I am utterly blown away by the emotion or the humor that the actors manage to get across.

I also like the singing. My (current) favorite singer is on the show, so that should tell you something about how much I like it. There are the occasional songs I don't like, and definitely ones I'm not crazy about, but there are also songs that I think are beyond amazing.
Exhibits {A} {B} and {C}
Then there's the dancing and general performances, which are also amazing. (Sometimes because the dancing is amazing and sometimes just because they're fun)
Exhibits: {A} {B} {C}

(There are actually some other songs I wanted to use for my exhibits, but I couldn't find good youtube videos for them)

And the plot... well, that's sort of hit or miss. There have been some emotional journeys that have really resounded with me, and that's mostly what hooked me on this show. It made me care about the characters, and to be honest, I care more about getting inside looks into my favorite characters than I do about a complex and compelling overall plot (though it would be nice if we could have both).

These are some reasons why people love watching Glee. Of course, you've made it pretty clear in your OP that you're mostly just looking for people to agree with you, so I do realize that the chances of you reading this (let alone you actually admitting that there are plenty of valid reasons for people to enjoy this show) are pretty slim.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff