Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Seeker

Spoilers. Obviously. Approach at your own risk.

Also, here there be rants.

Finn Hudson I am proud of you.

It’s not often I think that. Because I don’t really like you. Especially the fact after you outed Santana Lopez on state TV.

But thank you for realizing that it is much too early and too young for you to get married. That you love Rachel enough to know that she is a star and that she must be free to pursue her dreams.

And thank you for realizing that you’re not an actor. Honestly, what were the writers thinking pulling that out. Finn has never shown any indication whatsoever for wanting to act.

You’re true passion is to be a hero. That is the role you have always sought. Not this acting nonsense.

No, you have not always made the right decisions. You’ve been a coward. You’ve been an utter douche. But I think deep down, you long for your heart to be in the right place.

The army fits your needs. To be a hero. To save lives. To take care of people. Camaraderie. And frankly, I’m kind of insulted that so many characters in the show freaked out when Finn announced that he was joining the army.

I thought it was noble of him.

So I wish you luck, Finn.

And I actually may be a bit for Finchel now because of this decision.

But more detail on that, for here comes my thoughts on the lovely Ms. Rachel Berry.

Not going to lie.

At first I was really angry that Rachel was willing to give up her lifelong dream and future for a mere high school boyfriend.

I meancome on. Rachel. This is all you’ve ever wanted. All you’ve worked for.

/cue Defying Gravity

Don’tbe that stereotypical heroine who gives it all up for aman.

And then I realized that this was character development.

At the beginning of Glee, Rachel only cared about herself. She’s crazy. Ambitious. Sneaky. Willing to do whatever it takes to get to the top. But by the time she graduates, she has grown to care for more than just herself. She’s grown to care about other people, to let other people into her life. That while dreams and ambitions are important, love and friendship is just as important too.

Of course, this character development isn’t perfect. Rachel is a drama queen. She’s never been one to make sound decisions- to make balanced decisions. She’s always over stepping the boundaries. That’s her brilliance and that’s her greatest flaw.

This is where Finn comes in. He’s there to guide her, to make her a better person. By letting her go, well, as he said, “He was setting her free.” He was giving her permission that just because she decided to go to NYC, it didn’t mean she was the selfish b***h from Season 1, Episode 1. He balances her.

And what’s ironic, it is only when Finn is letting her go that in my mind he becomes worthy for her.

Maybe he’s the one. Maybe she’s the one.

But Finn did a lot of growing up in that moment. And an “okay” character matured in a matter of minutes.

Now don’t you dare come home to Lima, Rachel Berry.

You’re not to come home until you’ve made it big.

Because I believe in you. And so does Finn.
I don't think she will come back.
Did you see that smile on her face in the end?
The "this is where I belong" smile?
Yeah.
She's where she's supposed to be.

Mind, she will be back after she's looked at the living situations to pack and leave for good, but you get what I'm saying.

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I love Finn!

However, I think Rachel getting everything she wanted (except Finn in the end) is a bit infuriating. She got a second chance with the whole NYADA deal as well.

I also feel a bit sad for Kurt.

9,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Team Edward 100
User Image

I'm going to be honest, that ending tore my heart a new one. But I was happy that Finn was doing what's best for you Rachel. But as a Finn stan I was upset that he had to let her go, but he knew it was for the best.

---------------------------------------------------

#1 Cory Monteith/Finn Hudson fanwhore.
Cerise Chinoise
I love Finn!

However, I think Rachel getting everything she wanted (except Finn in the end) is a bit infuriating. She got a second chance with the whole NYADA deal as well.

That would never happen in real life. If you choke, you audition again, and all this taught Rachel is that she just has to cry a little to get what she wants. and everyone else has to struggle to make it big.

Beloved Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
Should not have made me tear up...but did.

Questionable Sweetheart

13,950 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
You make it sound like Finn was on the TV stating that Santana is a lesbian. He didn't "out" her on purpose. That isn't a reason to dislike him.

Although Finn never voiced that he wanted to be an actor, that doesn't mean it isn't true. He loves Glee and part of Glee is acting - so it is possible. I, personally, think he was just trying to come up with a way to not feel useless when he went to New York with Rachel. Acting makes sense.

I did sense something drastically different to their original plan was going to happen when he told his mother that everything was right except his dad's dishonorable discharge. I like that he is going into the army to redeem his father. It's great!

Making wrong decisions doesn't make him a douche... just misguided.

They freaked out about the army because no one wants anyone to be in such difficult situations and possibly die. I realize someone has to do it and it is very patriotic and noble and all that stuff, but it is hard on the family and friends of that individual. Plus it was a shock to them.

At first, I wrote a decent paragraph about how I disagree about your disapproval of Rachel's first truly unselfish decision, but then I went on and read that you realized she has grown and it is for the better. Blah blah blah. I basically said everything you did. So good job with that one.

BUT THEN! I read that you think this character development is flawed. I disagree, yet again. I believe Rachel has changed for the better. Yes, she can still be very outgoing and strive to reach her goals and aspirations, but she also now knows that friends are important too. She won't be so selfish anymore. She's well-rounded!

I don't know. Your whole post doesn't seem well thought out. I'm sorry if I offend, I just don't agree.
Be more positive, yo.
x0_FATIMAGIC
Cerise Chinoise
I love Finn!

That would never happen in real life. If you choke, you audition again, and all this taught Rachel is that she just has to cry a little to get what she wants. and everyone else has to struggle to make it big.

Yeah, I was pretty mad about what happened to Kurt, especially considering Rachel got in.

Chatty Lunatic

10,475 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
x0_FATIMAGIC
Cerise Chinoise
I love Finn!

Rachel did have her second chance and that was at nationals. She did just cry she did what any person should have done you don;t take no for an answer, Granted her outcome doesn't always happen to people in real life it doesn't mean that it can't happen.
cant say am surprised that rachel got ino NYADA and kurt didnt, would of prefered it if kurt did and rachel didnt as it seems that the writers of glee have been given rachel what she wants and as for finn and rachel as couple, well they you never know whats gonna happen, but they are a couple in real life and i dont thnk theyd split if that was to happen in reality. #justsayingmyopinion

7,375 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
In all honesty, I'm glad Finn made the decision that he did, but I would have liked him to have told her in a different setting. Making Rachel believe that they were on their way to get married, then BAM "You're going to New York," while a better decision for them both, was kinda...umm...not exactly the kindest or best way to break the news to her, Finn. xD

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Naw f**k that! That was awful and it made me cry my eyes out!
He didn't have to trick her like that!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces