Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
So, Glee is like, three different TV genres in one: musical, comedy, and drama. It's a musical dramedy! And that's what makes it work. When you have a show that's purely drama, the drama can be overwhelming. While Glee has shitloads of drama, you don't get overwhelmed because of the comedic aspects of the show. And here's why 3 genres make the show work so well, and be able to get away with more things than other shows:

Musical: Musicals are allowed to be over-the-top, which is why Glee gets away with so much.
Coemdy: Like musicals, comedies can get away with more things as long as it adds to the hilarity of the show.
Drama: It's in the name, a show has to have lots of drama to count as a drama, so they can also get away with crazier plotlines and the like.

I'm just saying.
Another trio of aspects in Glee that I absolutely love about it is how it shows that people can sing, dance, and act at the same time because usually you just see strictly singers or strictly actors. Not so much both though. It's either one or the other and I'm hoping Glee could possibly change that.

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
i agree and bacon is good

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
MasterLuna
Another trio of aspects in Glee that I absolutely love about it is how it shows that people can sing, dance, and act at the same time because usually you just see strictly singers or strictly actors. Not so much both though. It's either one or the other and I'm hoping Glee could possibly change that.

Yeah, a lot of the singer-actors aren't very good... Disney Channel, anyone? xd
marshmallowcreampie
MasterLuna

Yeah, a lot of the singer-actors aren't very good... Disney Channel, anyone? xd

lol Agreed. I completely agree. Miley Cyrus is the perfect example.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff