Welcome to Gaia! ::

Red Bear Ruskie
God Emperor Baldur
Red Bear Ruskie
Lmao@ whiteknights saying this is slutshaming

It takes a virgin to think people defend women just to get laid.

Nice try Baldur.

No really, nice try.

Oh right because the people who think feminists should get raped definitely have girlfriends that tolerate their social reject behavior.

Hilarious Lunatic

Well ********. Why am I not surprised this has reached here as well...

I can't eat 5 Guys now. I'll feel dirty. emotion_puke

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
God Emperor Baldur
Red Bear Ruskie

Well this is the first damsel where sex for defending her is quite likely a possibility.
Obersturmbannfuehrer Chii
I honestly wish this s**t would die soon. It's ruining gaming. It's ruining everything.

... How?

Shameless Dog

Maltese_Falcon91
I honestly wish this s**t would die soon. It's ruining gaming. It's ruining everything.

... How?

It's political correctness on steroids. You cannot do anything without SJWs going "THATS SEXIST" or "THAT IS AN UNFAIR PORTRAYAL" or "WHY ISN'T THERE GENDER EQUALITY"

every
place
you
turn.

Look. I support equality and equity(SJWs should goddamn learn the meaning of this word). I agree that there are SOME aspects of gender that are pretty mean, but I DON'T believe that this applies to gaming.

Games are there to ignite the imagination and to give you worlds to be immersed in, or to give you fun, exciting experiences. SJWs are taking away a lot of this by imposing strict PC into ideas and concepts, and frankly it's ruining games.

The Zoe Quinn scandal is just an example of that. Don't like Zoe? Well who cares. We'll censor you if you say a damn thing about her. Don't like her games? Well prepare to get blacklisted.

SJWs brook no complaint. No criticism can ever be laid against them. No matter how legitimate your concerns or complaints are, you are absolute scum and you deserve to be imprisoned or shunned by society.

I'm pretty tired of this bullshit.

Lemme tell you an example of this. For awhile people bitched and bitched about the lack of empowered female characters. So you know what Call of Duty does? For how much I hate Call of Duty, they put female avatars into the game. That's pretty amazing. For the record females are getting more and more opportunities in the military. The Marines are letting females try out for Combat Officer Courses, and the Army has let certain female soldiers FIGHT IN COMBAT alongside Special Forces. Women are increasingly becoming equals in the military. So Call of Duty Ghosts does that. Female characters in a military setting that parallels real life. Then, you know what ******** SJWs do? Complain because you're now killing females.

So you know how it went? Like this:

"THERE'S NOT ENOUGH EMPOWERED FEMALES. THEY ARE EQUALS. PUT THEM IN GAMES."

So then Call of Duty does it, and they go:

"******** WHY ARE YOU PUTTING WOMEN IN GAMES SO YOU CAN KILL THEM STOP DOING IT."

So you just can't win with SJWs. That's why they ruin ******** everything.
God Emperor Baldur
Red Bear Ruskie
God Emperor Baldur
Red Bear Ruskie

Nice try Baldur.

No really, nice try.

Oh right because the people who think feminists should get raped definitely have girlfriends that tolerate their social reject behavior.

Are you drunk right now? No, seriously.
Games are there to ignite the imagination and to give you worlds to be immersed in, or to give you fun, exciting experiences. SJWs are taking away a lot of this by imposing strict PC into ideas and concepts, and frankly it's ruining games.

They haven't taken away anything, all they've done is angrily complain about inequality on Tumblr.

Can you please name one AAA game that's been cancelled so that a developer could focus it's efforts on designing games centred around empowered women? I'll admit that I don't really keep up with gaming news these days, so maybe there actually has been a case of this happening, but I seriously doubt it. All those precious worlds of yours still exist, if people saying mean things about them ruins them for you, then perhaps they weren't so perfect to begin with?

SJWs brook no complaint. No criticism can ever be laid against them. No matter how legitimate your concerns or complaints are, you are absolute scum and you deserve to be imprisoned or shunned by society.

And who's fault is that really? How many threads about feminism and gaming have you seen devolve into petty name calling? I don't have much sympathy for the Social Justice Warriors, but I have a hard time caring about the people they oppose. Especially when they act like this.
Red Bear Ruskie
God Emperor Baldur
Red Bear Ruskie
God Emperor Baldur
Red Bear Ruskie

Nice try Baldur.

No really, nice try.

Are you drunk right now? No, seriously.

What? No. I only had 20 beers and they were Utah beers.

Shameless Dog

Maltese_Falcon91
They haven't taken away anything, all they've done is angrily complain about inequality on Tumblr.

Can you please name one AAA game that's been cancelled so that a developer could focus it's efforts on designing games centred around empowered women? I'll admit that I don't really keep up with gaming news these days, so maybe there actually has been a case of this happening, but I seriously doubt it. All those precious worlds of yours still exist, if people saying mean things about them ruins them for you, then perhaps they weren't so perfect to begin with?

I'm pretty angry and for the most part my posts reflect that. I apologize that I can't. However, I also haven't played many AAA over the past few years because of my lack of interest. The AAA industry is full of Halos and Call of Duty and Bioware RPGs and Skyrim and I'm tired of that stuff.

But in the indie side, such work in SJW can hinder development and PR, and can doom a game before they make it out the gate. Don't take my word...just watch the video about it from a person who's done the research about it.

Quote:
And who's fault is that really? How many threads about feminism and gaming have you seen devolve into petty name calling? I don't have much sympathy for the Social Justice Warriors, but I have a hard time caring about the people they oppose. Especially when they act like this.

There are shitheads on both sides of the argument. Absolutely. But lemme tell you I had a falling out with a friend of 10 years. Apparently she did not think I was worthwhile to talk to because I'm an evil MAN and I'm not a feminist. Everything I said I was just "Mansplaining" her and basically I became persona non grata in a minute. All I did was to tell her that I see past superficial surface portrayals and I analyze story and contextual situations that characters of both genders take.

What am I to say? My first and only interaction with a feminist ended with me basically becoming a social pariah for no other reasons other than being a man, and not being part of the "fanclub," and that I dared to talk back to her. Because men can't be intelligent and we're just nothing but violent, womanizing apes apparently.

Yes, this s**t makes me angry. I'm a person who enjoys critical thinking. I'm a grass roots activist who talked about science education, the values of critical thinking, and skepticism. I value thinking through concepts and discussion, but my "friend" wouldn't have any of it.

I say this because it puts into context why I feel the way I do. I did nothing wrong and I merely wanted to have a discussion that went beyond just surface portrayals in gaming. I wanted to say that you just can't see games in ONLY one side, because that will often miss the point about the game's message, story, or context. Great example is God of War, which LOOKS like a sexist game, but in reality female characters are used to build a classic Greek Tragedy, in which women are used to PUNISH Kratos in the end, not to glorify him. In it, it is the women who are really in power, as it was a woman who was Kratos' downfall and damnation, and when Kratos is ultimately revived he is done so as a SERVANT of a goddess.

I have no sympathy for Anita because she brings it upon herself. She shuts down discussion, she shuts down criticism. You can never have a say, and if you dare to complain about her then you are nothing but a troll, no matter how legitimate your complaints are. Is it any wonder that people treat her like s**t? She brings it upon herself.
There are shitheads on both sides of the argument.

False dichotomy

But lemme tell you I had a falling out with a friend of 10 years. Apparently she did not think I was worthwhile to talk to because I'm an evil MAN and I'm not a feminist. Everything I said I was just "Mansplaining" her and basically I became persona non grata in a minute. All I did was to tell her that I see past superficial surface portrayals and I analyze story and contextual situations that characters of both genders take.

So you say. I bet her story is way different.

What am I to say? My first and only interaction with a feminist ended with me basically becoming a social pariah for no other reasons other than being a man, and not being part of the "fanclub," and that I dared to talk back to her. Because men can't be intelligent and we're just nothing but violent, womanizing apes apparently.

So you say. I bet her story is way different.

Yes, this s**t makes me angry. I'm a person who enjoys critical thinking. I'm a grass roots activist who talked about science education, the values of critical thinking, and skepticism. I value thinking through concepts and discussion, but my "friend" wouldn't have any of it.

So in short, your s**t doesn't stink

I say this because it puts into context why I feel the way I do. I did nothing wrong and I merely wanted to have a discussion that went beyond just surface portrayals in gaming. I wanted to say that you just can't see games in ONLY one side, because that will often miss the point about the game's message, story, or context. Great example is God of War, which LOOKS like a sexist game, but in reality female characters are used to build a classic Greek Tragedy, in which women are used to PUNISH Kratos in the end, not to glorify him. In it, it is the women who are really in power, as it was a woman who was Kratos' downfall and damnation, and when Kratos is ultimately revived he is done so as a SERVANT of a goddess.

Equal sides fallacy

I have no sympathy for Anita because she brings it upon herself. She shuts down discussion, she shuts down criticism. You can never have a say, and if you dare to complain about her then you are nothing but a troll, no matter how legitimate your complaints are. Is it any wonder that people treat her like s**t? She brings it upon herself.

No. Nobody male or female deserves to have people threaten to rape and kill them, call them a slut, get harassed and flagged under false accusations. That is the really disgusting part of this entire thing. It does not matter what she did. She as a human being has the right to her opinion and no 30 year old virgin is going to tell her otherwise.
But in the indie side, such work in SJW can hinder development and PR, and can doom a game before they make it out the gate. Don't take my word...just watch the video about it from a person who's done the research about it.

I'm willing to entertain the notion that Zoe Quinn is super corrupt, and maybe caused a scandal that got an independent game/charity drive shut down. I'm not really willing to form any serious conclusions before I hear both sides of the story, though.

What am I to say? My first and only interaction with a feminist ended with me basically becoming a social pariah for no other reasons other than being a man, and not being part of the "fanclub."

Super. So now you go around on the internet posting stuff like this:
It's political correctness on steroids. You cannot do anything without SJWs going "THATS SEXIST" or "THAT IS AN UNFAIR PORTRAYAL" or "WHY ISN'T THERE GENDER EQUALITY"

every
place
you
turn.

Just what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to create an intelligent discussion about how you think Social Justice Warriors have gone too far, or are you looking for an echo chamber? And, really, how does this make you better than them? How many of those Social Justice Warriors could look you in the eye and say:
Quote:
What am I to say? My first and only interaction with a gamer ended with me basically becoming a social pariah for no other reasons other than being a woman, and not being part of the "fanclub."

Is it any wonder that people treat her like s**t? She brings it upon herself.

There's a world of difference between acting disrespectful towards someone, and drawing pictures of them being raped by Mario, or coding flash games where you get to beat them up. Lines keep getting crossed, and it actually strengthens her position, because now she can point to those things and say "I've been wronged!" If people had stopped treating her as public enemy number one, and just calmly responded to her arguments, this would shitstorm could have been avoided.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Maltese_Falcon91

I'm pretty angry and for the most part my posts reflect that. I apologize that I can't. However, I also haven't played many AAA over the past few years because of my lack of interest. The AAA industry is full of Halos and Call of Duty and Bioware RPGs and Skyrim and I'm tired of that stuff.

Quote:

There are shitheads on both sides of the argument. Absolutely. But lemme tell you I had a falling out with a friend of 10 years. Apparently she did not think I was worthwhile to talk to because I'm an evil MAN and I'm not a feminist. Everything I said I was just "Mansplaining" her and basically I became persona non grata in a minute. All I did was to tell her that I see past superficial surface portrayals and I analyze story and contextual situations that characters of both genders take.

you are angry and I literally have no idea why.

but let me tell you something.

this has happened time and time again. The fact that its happening in gaming, is great news that the gaming scene has evolved to such an extent rather than being a niche area of business in the real world (like decades ago).

furthermore, its not gonna ruin anything in the gaming world. If it does doom a game, that game in itself had a weak lead director, who shouldn't be a lead director then. if an indie game is so weak that it gets stepped on so easily, then I say welcome to the real world. Welcome to business 101.

there are many games where females are leads or hold powerful positions. Yes I can provide examples. But probs not unless called out.

so there. no worries : )

Shameless Dog

Maltese_Falcon91
Your post.

Cutting it for brevity. I don't feel the need to hit your post bit by bit.

No, I'm venting. I can still do that right? This is a topic that has made me pretty angry before, and I'm venting. That's all I have to say on it. You can agree with me if you want, you can disagree, your prerogative.
No, I'm venting. I can still do that right? This is a topic that has made me pretty angry before, and I'm venting. That's all I have to say on it. You can agree with me if you want, you can disagree, your prerogative.

Of course you can.

What you can't do is try and claim any sort of moral high ground over the people you're venting against, and expect me to see you as the victim in all of this.
when i woke up this morning i thought to myself "im gonna play some Rune Factory 4."
nope.
shitstorm is way more entertaining.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas