Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Smoker

Anyone aware of this huge mess going on?
Im not a huge gamer but this is pretty monumental.
Image boards and twitter are exploding with this s**t and people are coming foward.
Alot of people are gonna get fired, man.
kotaku is where journalistic integrity and professionalism go to die, and do five guys. 3nodding

but what I hate more is how hard they are trying to cover it up, there was also apparently another woman who started a contest or something(on reddit) where someone posts ideas for a game, and that game is made by professionals, and the money goes to charity, where the idea person gets 8% royalties.

somehow this pissed off "five guys burger and fries", the lady got doxxed, and the entire thing went up in smoke, and any communications where essentially "you should support zoey not your dumb idea!" or they had their heads i the sand unless an actual journalist called them out on their unprofessionalism, of which they would then play the victim card.
In other news, people use social justice, feminism, and equality buzzwords as a political cloak for personal gain and wrap the joke that is "gaming journalism" around their fingers. SJW's are disgusting.

Lmao@ whiteknights saying this is slutshaming
like holy s**t do you now see the problem with this? The problem isn't zoe ******** people left and right, the problem is her ******** them for unethical purposes. SHe's just the tip of the iceberg about how s**t and corrupted "gaming journalism" is.

>threads on reddit getting deleted
>threads on 4chan getting deleted
>steam accounts that give Depression Quest a negative review get banned
>youtube videos getting taken down
>gaming websites that report on this get DDoSed

/pol/ was right

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

edit: Even threads on /pol/ are being deleted.
Holy s**t, this is actually kind of spooky. How far does this s**t run?

Heroic Senshi

I don't want to sit through 24 minutes of YouTube. Can someone summarize?

Dapper Spotter

Red Bear Ruskie

She ******** the entire Video Game White House....she ******** the entire goddamn Video Game White House!

Anyway, no I had not heard about this until now but after reading up on it a bit I have to agree. Cheating on your boyfriend? Bad. Cheating on your boyfriend with five other dudes? Uh, super bad. If there isn't some STD swimming around in that soup I'd be surprised.

Cheating on your boyfriend with five other dudes for influential purposes and twisting hapless idiots into defending you because of your gender or some other bullshit? Yeah, mega bad.

Dapper Spotter

Super Sailor Moon

A female indie developer slept with some gaming journalists for favorable reviews and then played the victim card when it came to light that she had done that. Icing on the cake is that she was in a relationship at the time and at least one of those guys was apparently a married man.

Heroic Senshi

GrayFox7
Super Sailor Moon

A female indie developer slept with some gaming journalists for favorable reviews and then played the victim card when it came to light that she had done that. Icing on the cake is that she was in a relationship at the time and at least one of those guys was apparently a married man.
No victims here.

Everyone in the world is a terrible person.
GrayFox7

She ******** the entire Video Game White House....she ******** the entire goddamn Video Game White House!

You should read some of the metacritic scores users are writing.
THey're worth a chuckle.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Super Sailor Moon

Corruption on a massive scale within video game journalism more or less.
Super Sailor Moon

Female indie developer who is a SJW and feminist makes a s**t game about depression. Claims to be righteous, moral, and looks down against the patriarchy. Turns out she's a hypocrite who slept with five guys in exchange for reviews and s**t; she's also begun to censor a lot of s**t pertaining to her.

Oh, and she played the victim card and how sexist and misogynistic men still are by framing a forum board of virgin men, without any proof, about harassing her for being a woman and some other bullshit and received tons of support.

tl;dr still
Girl poses being morally righteous and politically correct, when in fact she's the complete opposite is trying to further her career unethically. Corruption running through gaming journalism is rivaling its other counterparts.

Shameless Shapeshifter

All this scandal goes to show is something that we already knew:

Video game journalism is s**t.

Orpheus of The Underworld generated a random number between 1 and 1000000000 ... 9255912!

Stubborn Detective

6,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Oh, feminists.

You get such a bad rep from gamers.

(Refer to Anita Sarkeesian, for the most recent example besides from this.)
GriffonLyles
All this scandal goes to show is something that we already knew:

Video game journalism is s**t.

Was it ever not? emotion_awesome

Too many people using so-called Journalism reviewers as their purchase decision. And not as it should be a suggestion

This is why I don't use GameSpot, Kotaku or Polygon anymore. Amongst all the other SJW's editorial and journalist articles.
i don't know who any of these people are

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces