Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Spotter

DynaSuarez Wrecks
GunsmithKitten
DynaSuarez Wrecks
nope, haven't beat Final Fantasy 13 in under an hour and nope, don't play Call of Duty 'cause I have this thing called a life and am not a neckbeard living in mommy's basement like all you fagn00bs.

BACK IN MY DAY we picked diaper toting kids like you out of our teeth each week. Fight me, and you'd see "DynaSuarez chewed on LoliVanDam's Boomstick" or "DynaSuarez rode LoliVanDam's missle" on your screen so many times you'd see it imprinted on your eyelids when you went to sleep at night. Oh, and GIT OFF MY LAWN!
Since when do the cake candles in Cooking Mama count as "boomsticks"?

Feminist rage in 3...2..
Define "real gamer" please.

Personally I'm just someone who likes to play video games. I don't label myself as a gamer period. Labels are for idiots.

Aged Lunatic

Raven Prime
GunsmithKitten
DynaSuarez Wrecks
nope, haven't beat Final Fantasy 13 in under an hour and nope, don't play Call of Duty 'cause I have this thing called a life and am not a neckbeard living in mommy's basement like all you fagn00bs.

BACK IN MY DAY we picked diaper toting kids like you out of our teeth each week. Fight me, and you'd see "DynaSuarez chewed on LoliVanDam's Boomstick" or "DynaSuarez rode LoliVanDam's missle" on your screen so many times you'd see it imprinted on your eyelids when you went to sleep at night. Oh, and GIT OFF MY LAWN!
>LoliVanDam

I just learned more about you than I ever wanted to.

My old Quake/Blood/CS handle. Ah, memories...

Aged Lunatic

DynaSuarez Wrecks
GunsmithKitten
DynaSuarez Wrecks

Not my fault some joker in our clan got all LSD with his skin modding. He saw that one sound mod that changed all the death sounds to Homer Simpson saying "Woo hoo! Lookit the blubber fly!" and got ideas. We had to change his meds.
You play games? Your a gamer.. I don't know how it could be any simpler. Anyone that says differently just does so because they want to be put in a unique little niche and want to believe that they are special. Doesn't matter what niche you try to put yourself in there are at least a million others that fit into that same exact niche.

Seriously you could be playing pong and I'd still consider you a gamer.

Aged Lunatic

GrayFox7
DynaSuarez Wrecks
GunsmithKitten
DynaSuarez Wrecks

Feminist rage in 3...2..

Believe it or not, I do have a sense of humor. It's just finicky.

Fashionable Businesswoman

2,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
This is quite a can of worms you've opened.

Honestly, you're a gamer if you play games.

If you want to go the elitist route, I think both you and your friend are 'not real gamers' if either of you think AAA titles like Call of Dung makes you a gamer.

I've been gamer since I was in diapers, man. Back then PONG was a popular title. But nobody gave a s**t whether you had it or not.
It's so sad that it's really become this bad. -.-

I hate it when people claim you aren't a real gamer if you don't play all the latest and popular big name titles. I've been playing since the NES days. I think that's "real gamer" enough.

A real gamer is someone who plays games. If you want to get a little more technical about it you could say that gaming has to be one of a person's main hobbies. But being a so-called "real gamer" has nothing to do with what games you are playing.

Interesting Poster

3,750 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
A gamer is someone who plays games. Even if it's something stupid like The Sims.
Real gamer lmao the correct term is TRUE gamer,a person who plays AUTHENTIC games with GENUINE effort biggrin
-Wise words from Gremlin

Witty Phantom

No.
There really is no such thing as a "real gamer".
A true gamer plays all genres, he understands all games and does not judge a game type unless it's s**t. Call of duty was an entertaining game but it required no skill it was mainly based on who lagged less and the person with the best ping usually comes out on top. Assasins creed was great but it involves a third person view, parkour movement and no linear choice. Also a TRUE gamer doesn't care about who's better who's s**t. Gaming is all about the zone, being in the game and finding out that what felt like 20 minutes was actually 2 hours. That ladies and gentlemen is what gaming is all about. It's the golden expectation for any veteran gamer that is Literate.

Greedy Capitalist

El Nuevo Jugador
So my friend says im not a real gamer because i dont play games like Assassin Creed and Call of Duty. So my question to you is does a "real gamer" have to play the all of the AAA titles?

there's a ranking system, casual gamer, hardcore gamer, pro gamer, (one who makes money off of playing games).

Omnipresent Regular

7,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
TheAngryKitten
A true gamer plays all genres, he understands all games and does not judge a game type unless it's s**t. Call of duty was an entertaining game but it required no skill it was mainly based on who lagged less and the person with the best ping usually comes out on top. Assasins creed was great but it involves a third person view, parkour movement and no linear choice. Also a TRUE gamer doesn't care about who's better who's s**t. Gaming is all about the zone, being in the game and finding out that what felt like 20 minutes was actually 2 hours. That ladies and gentlemen is what gaming is all about. It's the golden expectation for any veteran gamer that is Literate.
User ImageWee yea ra enne ar sar. Wee yea ra enne ar dor
Wee yea ra enne ar ciel. Rrha yea ra ieeya en near

So now I have to play and "understand" all games to be "truer" than other gamers?

Can't I just play whatever the hell I want?

Also, lol at that last line about being literate. Getting "in the zone" has absolutely nothing to do with being able to read. If you want to talk about being literate, it might not hurt to brush up on your grammar though.

Hallowed Cat

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games