Welcome to Gaia! ::

xbox 360 roxs my sox
SpazDawg
xbox 360 roxs my sox

the 360 is awesum!!!i hav 1 and hav had no problems with it or anything...fav games include quake 4, full auto, perfect dark, and i wanna get saints row as soon as it cums out
I really want all of the consoles... But if I must root for one company, it would have to be Nintendo. It seems to me that Sony and Microsoft are "Buy our console, SUPER GAMING CONSOLE NUMBER 1", and I know that sounds ridiculous, but they just keep competing against eachother... "The Xbox has a hard-drive, and better graphics!", "Oh yeah! The PS2 has a hard-drive with good graphics, plus the best games this side of the Mississippi!"... And mean while, Nintendo is making great games, like RE4 and Zelda... Yes RE4 is now on the PS2, and Zelda isn't even out yet. But the Rev. doesn't take what worked for Xbox and PS2 and wrap it all together, they're taking new ideas and running with them! That's why Nintendo has my support!

Everyone disagree in 3, 2, 1...
Zi_Clash
I really want all of the consoles... But if I must root for one company, it would have to be Nintendo. It seems to me that Sony and Microsoft are "Buy our console, SUPER GAMING CONSOLE NUMBER 1", and I know that sounds ridiculous, but they just keep competing against eachother... "The Xbox has a hard-drive, and better graphics!", "Oh yeah! The PS2 has a hard-drive with good graphics, plus the best games this side of the Mississippi!"... And mean while, Nintendo is making great games, like RE4 and Zelda... Yes RE4 is now on the PS2, and Zelda isn't even out yet. But the Rev. doesn't take what worked for Xbox and PS2 and wrap it all together, they're taking new ideas and running with them! That's why Nintendo has my support!

I don't see Microsoft and Sony doing that, what they are doing is thinning the line that seperates console from home computer...

Consoles are already computers, but I think we are just one step from being able to upgrade everything in a console.
Zi_Clash
And mean while, Nintendo is making great games, like RE4 and Zelda... Yes RE4 is now on the PS2, and Zelda isn't even out yet.

Nintendo had nothign to do with the development on RE4, and I personally prefer the PS2 version of RE4.

Quote:
But the Rev. doesn't take what worked for Xbox and PS2 and wrap it all together, they're taking new ideas and running with them! That's why Nintendo has my support!

Nintendo isn't taking new ideas and running with them, tehy're taking old ideas and applying them in new ways, calling them new ideas.
Diet Bunny--man
Zi_Clash

I don't see Microsoft and Sony doing that, what they are doing is thinning the line that seperates console from home computer...

Consoles are already computers, but I think we are just one step from being able to upgrade everything in a console.

Yeah, but why buy a $600 dollar console when my pc can be upgraded regularly for a fraction of that? And how many differences do the Xbox 360 and the PS3 have? I think the PS3 has a little bit better graphics, and the Xbox 360 lets you buy stuff online... But besides what games come out on each console, I don't see many other differences besides one is shaped like an Ipod... (Irony on Microsoft's part...) and one has you control it with a boomerang... (That PS3 controller looks uncomfortable...)
Zi_Clash
Diet Bunny--man
Zi_Clash

Yeah, but why buy a $600 dollar console when my pc can be upgraded regularly for a fraction of that? And how many differences do the Xbox 360 and the PS3 have? I think the PS3 has a little bit better graphics, and the Xbox 360 lets you buy stuff online... But besides what games come out on each console, I don't see many other differences besides one is shaped like an Ipod... (Irony on Microsoft's part...) and one has you control it with a boomerang... (That PS3 controller looks uncomfortable...)
Where the hell are you getting $600?

There are many differences, why don't you do some god damn research before spoating crap like that...

the PS3 controller is supposed to be better for analog usage.
Zi_Clash
Yeah, but why buy a $600 dollar console

600 dollar conosle? Where?

Quote:
when my pc can be upgraded regularly for a fraction of that?

THing is, PC gaming and Console gaming are two completely different experience,s with two completely different types of gameplay and games. THey cannot be compared. (Lookit that, I'm taking a new stance on PC Gaming. What's next? I'll be complimenting the N64?! *neo voice* Whoaaa)

Quote:
how many differences do the Xbox 360 and the PS3 have? I think the PS3 has a little bit better graphics, and the Xbox 360 lets you buy stuff online... But besides what games come out on each console, I don't see many other differences

No other difference is really important. It's the games that matte,r nothing else.
Diet Bunny--man
Zi_Clash
Diet Bunny--man
Zi_Clash

Where the hell are you getting $600?

There are many differences, why don't you do some god damn research before spoating crap like that...

the PS3 controller is supposed to be better for analog usage.

Sorry about the $600 dollar exageration, but each console basically costs $100 more each generation. But the NES developed the D-pad, but after a while, the D-pad became old and obsolete after 2 generations. Then the N64 brought the Analog stick, which has been here on every console for 2 generations... Personally, I'm tired for twidling my thumbs for 2-4 hours at a time... So I'm embracing the change that Nintendo shall bring to us!
Zi_Clash

Sorry about the $600 dollar exageration, but each console basically costs $100 more each generation.

False. tHe PS2 released at 425. That's mroe than the Xbox 360 premium.

Quote:
But the NES developed the D-pad, but after a while, the D-pad became old and obsolete after 2 generations. Then the N64 brought the Analog stick, which has been here on every console for 2 generations...

False. Analog has been around since the Atari.

Quote:
Personally, I'm tired for twidling my thumbs for 2-4 hours at a time... So I'm embracing the change that Nintendo shall bring to us!

I'm cringing at the thougt of it, hoping it'll be better than I'm expecting it to be, hoping it'll not take gaming in the direction I think it will.
Langlen
Zi_Clash

Sorry about the $600 dollar exageration, but each console basically costs $100 more each generation.

Quote:
But the NES developed the D-pad, but after a while, the D-pad became old and obsolete after 2 generations. Then the N64 brought the Analog stick, which has been here on every console for 2 generations...

Quote:
Personally, I'm tired for twidling my thumbs for 2-4 hours at a time... So I'm embracing the change that Nintendo shall bring to us!

I'm cringing at the thougt of it, hoping it'll be better than I'm expecting it to be, hoping it'll not take gaming in the direction I think it will.

The Atari had a joy stick, which is what Arcade machines had before the Atari... I mean how the N64 allowed you to control your character with 360 degrees of accuracy, and allowing you to use every other finger to interact with another button. The Atari made you use your entire hand to control the Joystick, with only a thumb to press a button...
Zi_Clash
Langlen
Zi_Clash

Quote:

Quote:

The Atari had a joy stick, which is what Arcade machines had before the Atari... I mean how the N64 allowed you to control your character with 360 degrees of accuracy, and allowing you to use every other finger to interact with another button. The Atari made you use your entire hand to control the Joystick, with only a thumb to press a button...

I'm not too sure if the N64 was the first to allow 360 degrees of movements. Nintendo, just like Sony, is notorious for taking old ideas and improvign on them. Unlike Sony, however, Nintendo tends to take credit for the ideas, calling them their own.
Zi_Clash
Langlen
Zi_Clash

Quote:

Quote:

Atari also made the analog stick... Later generation atari controller...

Nintendo has not made that many changes to the industry... They were the last to use Carterage even when two of Nintendo's competitors were using disks... They are going to be the last using DVD...

If anything, Nintendo is a step behind in gaming...
Diet Bunny--man
Zi_Clash
Langlen
Zi_Clash

Quote:

Quote:

Nintendo has not made that many changes to the industry... They were the last to use Carterage even when two of Nintendo's competitors were using disks... They are going to be the last using DVD...

Perhaps now Nintendo isn't leading in technology, but back in the good ol' days of gaming, Nintendo revived the industry. From my common knowledge, the industry kinda died in the 80's until the NES came with Mario. And the NES, with Zelda, was the first home console with a save function (I think), that wasn't a PC. Later with the N64, Mario and Zelda changed things again with the 3D worlds! Yeah, Sony took the CD into a new age, but when was the last time Sony or Microsoft thanked Nintendo for bringing a major cash-cow back to life?

EDIT: I never knew Atari had and actual Analog stick... Interesting...

2nd Edit: Oh! And you can buy a DVD player for $30, so DVD playing isn't on the top of the list for my requirements...
Diet Bunny--man
Zi_Clash
Langlen
Zi_Clash

Quote:

Quote:

I thought the 360 used DvDs too...

Anyway, Im not going to get into a discussion about Nintendo aking ideas...cause in the end, nothing is new anymore no matter what anyone says xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff