Welcome to Gaia! ::

Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin
joystiq.com
Revolution's virtual console: to rent or own?
Posted Apr 19th 2006 9:00AM by Blake Snow

Just how will gamers be allowed to access the classics via Nintendo Revolution's proposed virtual console? Nintendojo ponders the answer between owning, renting, and even subscriptions. From the article: "Revolution's Virtual Console is a core feature of the system, and it will act as an online store offering selections from Nintendo's vast video game back catalog. Yet the way in which these games are sold to consumers will greatly affect how each person experiences the classics."

Though owning is probably preferred by most, would prospective Revolution buyers be willing to rent or subscribe for a lesser fee?

Though many gamers are hoping for free, otherwise it'll turn down a lot of customers for them
come on you know that you cant just give out game(even if there old game) for free. from a company stand point that like handing out money

However, look at it from a business standpoint:
-Super Mario 1 was released for Nintendo
-Super Mario 1 was released for SNES (Super Mario All Stars)
-Super Mario 1 was released for arcade
-Super Mario 1 was released for Game Boy Color
-Super Mario 1 was released for Game Boy Advance
-Super Mario 1 was released for "plug-in-play TV"

Isn't that enough bashing of one game? To sell it again is just plain greedy now
greed is what makes are captalist market work. it sad but ture
Bag of Monster
N t e r
Why would developers use the Revmote- alone for a fighting game?
It wouldn't make sense.

I was actualy thinking more along the lines of a Katamari game. Being able to spin/roll the controller, without the nunchaku attachement to tether you down.
i dont know about spining the controller but tilting and twisting would be cool
Komamura Sajin
Bag of Monster
N t e r
Why would developers use the Revmote- alone for a fighting game?
It wouldn't make sense.

I was actualy thinking more along the lines of a Katamari game. Being able to spin/roll the controller, without the nunchaku attachement to tether you down.
i dont know about spining the controller but tilting and twisting would be cool

A remote in one hand and a remote in the other hand. Actually mimmic ball rolling action! xd
Komamura Sajin
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin
joystiq.com
Revolution's virtual console: to rent or own?
Posted Apr 19th 2006 9:00AM by Blake Snow

Just how will gamers be allowed to access the classics via Nintendo Revolution's proposed virtual console? Nintendojo ponders the answer between owning, renting, and even subscriptions. From the article: "Revolution's Virtual Console is a core feature of the system, and it will act as an online store offering selections from Nintendo's vast video game back catalog. Yet the way in which these games are sold to consumers will greatly affect how each person experiences the classics."

Though owning is probably preferred by most, would prospective Revolution buyers be willing to rent or subscribe for a lesser fee?

Though many gamers are hoping for free, otherwise it'll turn down a lot of customers for them
come on you know that you cant just give out game(even if there old game) for free. from a company stand point that like handing out money

Isn't that enough bashing of one game? To sell it again is just plain greedy now

But there's a limit to even gamers. Unless there's a BIG difference between home emulation and actually buying/renting the game for the Revolution (like online play) then most would go for the free way.
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin
Father Knows Best

But there's a limit to even gamers. Unless there's a BIG difference between home emulation and actually buying/renting the game for the Revolution (like online play) then most would go for the free way.
well the companys have to remake there games to run on and use the revos controls and somebody had to pay for that
Komamura Sajin
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin
Father Knows Best

well the companys have to remake there games to run on and use the revos controls and somebody had to pay for that

Versus ripping apart an Xbox controller so it can read USB connection so you can play those same Nintendo games on your PC for free xd (and cheaper, converting to USB for Xbox isn't hard)
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin
Father Knows Best

Versus ripping apart an Xbox controller so it can read USB connection so you can play those same Nintendo games on your PC for free xd (and cheaper, converting to USB for Xbox isn't hard)
or you could just use a wired 360 controller
Komamura Sajin
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin
Father Knows Best

The 360 controller is too uncomfortable for me gonk
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin
Father Knows Best

The 360 controller is too uncomfortable for me gonk
wow your one of the few tht dont like it eek i love it fits my hands like a glove
Komamura Sajin
wow your one of the few tht dont like it eek i love it fits my hands like a glove

My hands are HUGE, that's why I love the original xbox controller and the xbox s-controller. The 360 is just too small for me xp
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin

My hands are HUGE, that's why I love the original xbox controller and the xbox s-controller. The 360 is just too small for me xp

My hands are somewhat large and akward too, and the original XBox controller fit very nicely in my hands. I do like the 360/S controller too, though.
It's really smooth too. x3
Bag of Monster
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin

My hands are somewhat large and akward too, and the original XBox controller fit very nicely in my hands. I do like the 360/S controller too, though.

That's just because you're a freakishly large sex giant prostitute.
Langlen
Bag of Monster
Father Knows Best
Komamura Sajin

That's just because you're a freakishly large sex giant prostitute.

Only when the planets align properly and the cosmic energies swirl causing unusual anomalies in the space time continuum... usually on tuesdays.

Keeping on topic: I need a 360 soon. Anybody know of any games on the Live marketplace worth getting once I get it?
Advanced Warfighter.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces