Welcome to Gaia! ::

Langlen

They're goign to lose money no matter what they do. Everybody does when they first release a console. Nintendo might be making the profit first, but they're still going to lose money.

BUt, yes, it's impossible to tell how much the PS3 will sell for. We have to wait for Sony's official word, which should be at E3. Which suprisingly enough, is around the time Nintendo reveals all about the Revolution.
ya, they always loose mony with the consal sales (exept actualy nintendo does not take a hit with the consal sales. they make mony with every system sold. that is an oddety.)but if they lower the price to much and loose to much money, then they might not be able to make it up with games. they could end up, after all is said and done, in the hole.
kev360
Langlen

They're goign to lose money no matter what they do. Everybody does when they first release a console. Nintendo might be making the profit first, but they're still going to lose money.

BUt, yes, it's impossible to tell how much the PS3 will sell for. We have to wait for Sony's official word, which should be at E3. Which suprisingly enough, is around the time Nintendo reveals all about the Revolution.
ya, they always loose mony with the consal sales (exept actualy nintendo does not take a hit with the consal sales. they make mony with every system sold. that is an oddety.)but if they lower the price to much and loose to much money, then they might not be able to make it up with games. they could end up, after all is said and done, in the hole.

Nintendo NOW makes money with every console sold, but they didn't start out that way.
Langlen
kev360
Langlen

Nintendo NOW makes money with every console sold, but they didn't start out that way.
ok, i dont know much about any gaming history. infact, this summer is the first time i realy learned about the systems. i got a n64 becouse i didn't know there was anything else out there, and a gamecube becouse it was like a n64 but better. so, please excuse any ignorance that i might have. i thought that that was like something that nintendo always did- never taking a hit.
Morden
kev360
Quirk_reborn
Blaine66
XZekeX
how much is the rev and ps3 gona cost?
no one knows yet, but i love the sig blaugh
apperently around 6-7 hundred
well, the ps2 will probably be over 500, maby even up to 700, not sure. the rev. will be under 300, and right now 200 seems the most likely (to me). this is talking in american money, it will probably very fom country to country becouse of the different types of currency.

Sony better becareful. If they price it too high, people won't buy it. They could strip out the Blu-Ray drive and put a normal DVD drive in. That could put it at a more affordable price for the masses. Blu-Ray isn't needed currently. DVD9 is very sufficient for what we have now.
the ps3 wont lose blu-ray. sony is using the ps3 to help make blu-ray the next standard format for dvds
Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, I'm 29 & I'm OOOOOOOOOOLD! Happy Birthday to me! I was playing Kameo on the Xbox 360 and I thought they could do better with the game...
I think the Playstation 3 is awsome. Its has everything 8 bluetooth controllers. Just imagine you and 8 other mates playing the same game together itl be wicked. repli to this post if im wrong lol
Mizeral595
Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, I'm 29 & I'm OOOOOOOOOOLD! Happy Birthday to me! I was playing Kameo on the Xbox 360 and I thought they could do better with the game...
Happy birthday exclaim 3nodding
dragonfyir
Mizeral595
Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, I'm 29 & I'm OOOOOOOOOOLD! Happy Birthday to me! I was playing Kameo on the Xbox 360 this past weekend and I thought they could do better with the game...
Happy birthday exclaim 3nodding
you're the first Gaian to say that Dragon...I still feel old. and to top it all off...I pissed off my lady before she went off to work.
Ulrick Darcken
moosey_chikin
Morden
moosey_chikin
Ulrick Darcken
trigun66
From earlier posts, I see many ppl here like the 360 (or atleast on the page i read)

To be direct, sure 360 is good NOW, because it came out first, and god knows we humans are impatient and fickle. Its like going to a little kid and saying "Do you want candy now? or candy that will taste a bit better, but you have to wait 8 months for it." Its the exact same thing, we havent changed at all from our infancy.
did you know NOW the 360 is only runing at 1/3 of its max power.

Why isnt it running at full power then?
Who told you this?

He might be refering to the fact that many of the games for the 360 right now aren't using all of the systems power. (Processor power more specificly.)

Okay, but thats not answering my second question.
Who told him this?
and heres another question.
How does he know its true and his source isnt just bullshitting him?
Because im a tecky myself and it alway's helps if you know whats inside the two systomes

((the PS3 will be the same way))

i sincerely doubt that the PS3 will be the same way.
the reason that the 360 is only using one of its processors for this early release of games is due to the 3 core dev-kit came out only 2 months prior to the launch of the 360. and 2 months is NOT enough time to rewrite your entire game to support 3 processors rather than one.

we've been hearing reports of the PS3 dev kit overheating and a few melting the components (hopefuly by now they have fixed that) so there shouldent be any problem now with the PS3 not using its processors.
LuQy
I think the Playstation 3 is awsome. Its has everything 8 bluetooth controllers. Just imagine you and 8 other mates playing the same game together itl be wicked. repli to this post if im wrong lol

living in the past there. Halo 2 and im sure SOCOM online did this. (socom was 16 player right?)
LuQy
I think you have to have two Hd tvs to play with 7 people not 8. ( but i dont understand why they wouldnt use a even number
Thorlord
LuQy

living in the past there. Halo 2 and im sure SOCOM online did this. (socom was 16 player right?)
we could look it up to make sure...
dragonfyir
Morden
kev360
Quirk_reborn
Blaine66
XZekeX
how much is the rev and ps3 gona cost?
no one knows yet, but i love the sig blaugh
apperently around 6-7 hundred
well, the ps2 will probably be over 500, maby even up to 700, not sure. the rev. will be under 300, and right now 200 seems the most likely (to me). this is talking in american money, it will probably very fom country to country becouse of the different types of currency.

Sony better becareful. If they price it too high, people won't buy it. They could strip out the Blu-Ray drive and put a normal DVD drive in. That could put it at a more affordable price for the masses. Blu-Ray isn't needed currently. DVD9 is very sufficient for what we have now.
the ps3 wont lose blu-ray. sony is using the ps3 to help make blu-ray the next standard format for dvds

Then Sony will lose money. Blu-Ray isn't needed right now. High Definition content is few and far between currently. The last films that I recall being shot in HD were the last two recent Star Wars movies.
Thorlord
Ulrick Darcken
moosey_chikin
Morden
moosey_chikin

Why isnt it running at full power then?
Who told you this?

He might be refering to the fact that many of the games for the 360 right now aren't using all of the systems power. (Processor power more specificly.)

Okay, but thats not answering my second question.
Who told him this?
and heres another question.
How does he know its true and his source isnt just bullshitting him?
Because im a tecky myself and it alway's helps if you know whats inside the two systomes

((the PS3 will be the same way))

i sincerely doubt that the PS3 will be the same way.
the reason that the 360 is only using one of its processors for this early release of games is due to the 3 core dev-kit came out only 2 months prior to the launch of the 360. and 2 months is NOT enough time to rewrite your entire game to support 3 processors rather than one.

we've been hearing reports of the PS3 dev kit overheating and a few melting the components (hopefuly by now they have fixed that) so there shouldent be any problem now with the PS3 not using its processors.

The only thing that'll be holding back Cell right now is the programmers. If you understand the Cell architecture, then you'll now that it relies on vector and parallel processing. Vector and parallel processing have been mostly used for raw number crunching. (Rendering, Database work or anything that requires alot of computing power.) If you understand multi processing programming, then Cell shouldn't be that difficult to work with.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff