Welcome to Gaia! ::

Morden
Langlen
Congratulations on proving that you've done no research. The PS3 is supposed to be the strongest this time around.

I consider the Playstation 3 to be more of a wild card at this point. Even though it is too early to tell, I think programmers are going to have a hard time with Cell. (That might change later on.) What Cell does it quite different from modern day processors. Cell uses massive parallel processing. (ie, using all SPE's to accomplish a task. It can multitask, but that is up to the programmer/s and the compiler.) While most of the modern day processors (A Pentium 4 for example.) are designed to handle one task at a time. (This is changing.) Most programmers are used to writing code for one processor let alone eight. I can see some of the power in the Playstation 3 and Cell remaining untapped because of this.

I'm not saying that Cell is a bad design. From a technical stand point, it is a quite interesting piece of technology. However, I believe gaming is not a correct application for it.
also i herd somthing about the GPU in the PS3 being exactly the right kind for the cell. Likeits its made to run of a moltie core GPU but the PS3 ony has a singale.

((or somthing like that i know what i just said is not right but mabby you know what im talking about. i lost the link))

in othere words the PS3 dose not have every thing it needs to run the Cell at foll power
omegamustard
Nintendo Revolution

Why?
The 360 is teh best!! Teh PS3 looks freakin gay and the controllers look like boomrangs wich is lame.Also halo 3 is comin out when the PS3 is so its most probally going to get pwned!!
Seroki
The 360 is teh best!! Teh PS3 looks freakin gay and the controllers look like boomrangs wich is lame.Also halo 3 is comin out when the PS3 is so its most probally going to get pwned!!

Proof that Halo 3 is coming otu when the PS3 is?
Langlen
Seroki

Proof that Halo 3 is coming otu when the PS3 is?
its not MS know's that no matter what tay do the PS3 will sell out

((not saying thats a bad thing. im just saying that its gaoing to happen because people like the PS))

also Bill stuck his foot in is mouth ans said he was rong and that bungie got pissed wit him for saying that.

also MS is actuly risking halo3 sells if thay did that
It says some stuff about the halo 3 comin out when the ps3 is but not postive info. http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/734/734817.html
Ulrick Darcken
Morden
Langlen
Congratulations on proving that you've done no research. The PS3 is supposed to be the strongest this time around.

I consider the Playstation 3 to be more of a wild card at this point. Even though it is too early to tell, I think programmers are going to have a hard time with Cell. (That might change later on.) What Cell does it quite different from modern day processors. Cell uses massive parallel processing. (ie, using all SPE's to accomplish a task. It can multitask, but that is up to the programmer/s and the compiler.) While most of the modern day processors (A Pentium 4 for example.) are designed to handle one task at a time. (This is changing.) Most programmers are used to writing code for one processor let alone eight. I can see some of the power in the Playstation 3 and Cell remaining untapped because of this.

I'm not saying that Cell is a bad design. From a technical stand point, it is a quite interesting piece of technology. However, I believe gaming is not a correct application for it.
also i herd somthing about the GPU in the PS3 being exactly the right kind for the cell. Likeits its made to run of a moltie core GPU but the PS3 ony has a singale.

((or somthing like that i know what i just said is not right but mabby you know what im talking about. i lost the link))

in othere words the PS3 dose not have every thing it needs to run the Cell at foll power

Multicore GPU's ? Yes, I know what you are speaking of.
Seroki

What makes an console gay?

6,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ah the Nintendo Revolution is going to rule them all. Nintendo are the best at making consoles. They may not have a lot of games out, but what they have is pure quality. And with the Revolution, they are going to have a bigger third party support then with the gamecube. Just because it will be the last released, doesn't mean it wont be as popular. The XBOX 360 will be long forgotten when the ps3 comes out, and the ps3 will disappear with the arrival of the rev.
Sony has always stolen Nintendo's ideas in the past. And why? Because their so damn good!
Seroki
It says some stuff about the halo 3 comin out when the ps3 is but not postive info. http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/734/734817.html
well i have to hand it to you. at lest you try to show your proff with some time and traning you might actuly becaume one of the more informed and not just anuther fanwank
Debzillathegreat
Ah the Nintendo Revolution is goingt o rule them all. Nintendo are the best at making consoles. They may not have a lot of game out, but what they have is pure quality. And with the Revolution, they are going to have a bigger third party support then with the revolution. Just because it will be the last released, doesn't mean it wont be as popular. The XBOX 360 will be long forgotten when the ps3 comes out, and the ps3 will disappear with the arrival of the rev.
Sony has always stolen Nintendo's ideas in the past. And why? Because their so damn good!

Woman, everybody takes ideas from everybody.
Debzillathegreat
Ah the Nintendo Revolution is going to rule them all. Nintendo are the best at making consoles. They may not have a lot of game out, but what they have is pure quality. And with the Revolution, they are going to have a bigger third party support then with the revolution. Just because it will be the last released, doesn't mean it wont be as popular. The XBOX 360 will be long forgotten when the ps3 comes out, and the ps3 will disappear with the arrival of the rev.
....right thats why the 64 used cartroges and the PS1 used CD. go away fan girl

6,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ic3Cre4m
Debzillathegreat
Ah the Nintendo Revolution is goingt o rule them all. Nintendo are the best at making consoles. They may not have a lot of game out, but what they have is pure quality. And with the Revolution, they are going to have a bigger third party support then with the revolution. Just because it will be the last released, doesn't mean it wont be as popular. The XBOX 360 will be long forgotten when the ps3 comes out, and the ps3 will disappear with the arrival of the rev.

Woman, everybody takes ideas from everybody.

Yeah, but Sony is the worst for that.. rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces