Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Revolution
i never thought about it looking like a george forman grill lol
I'm looking forward to codename: Revolution and the PS3.

I'll buy the Revolution first cause most likely going to be cheaper, then when the price of the PS3 falls, i'll get that.

Plus being able to download some of the older game rocks.

EDIT-It is codename:Revolution because nintendo has yet to annonce it's real name, many people speculate that it will be the codename because nintendo kept the codename for the DS.
Everyone likes graphics better than actual gameplay. WHY?

Nintendo makes the best consoles and thinks of loads of different ways to improve gameplay value. Like for the DS they had the Dual Screens, Touch Screen and a mic. But with PS2 and XBox... they don't try anything. All they do is make consoles compatible with DVDs and stuff like that. Nothing to do with gameplay.

For SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System) Nintendo even made a controller with a joystick that is designed to be controlled by the chin and not the hand (for disabled people, duh).
Joosch
i never thought about it looking like a george forman grill lol

that doesnt make sense..
but anyway i would say the xbox 360 will be the best one. even though im looking forward to the PS3 as well.
FANWANKS BEWARE!!!!!!! im back 3nodding
Bag of Monster
Ulrick Darcken
Bag of Monster
Ulrick Darcken
also right now all Blu-ray is good for is Movie's as the read speed is to slow for video game's ((woooo 30 min loud time's...........))

but bye the time the PS4 and ((what ever the hell MS desides to call there next systome)) come out Blu-ray ((or HD-DVD i wont count that out just yet)) actuly get to the point were thay can actuly play video game's ((faster read speeds less sensativ disk's)) and the price drops Than that is when DVD's will start to die off and the PS4 and errr 720 will actuly have game's made on it. ((because by that time devs probly will be runing out of space))

Got any official info on the read speed of the PS3's blue ray drive that you can link me to?
Because the only thing I'm finding through google search suggests 2x - 4x, and that ain't too bad.
2x 4x is about as slow as you go man for gameing you need about 6x at lest

i think your thinking in terms of berning disk were 2x and 4x ((the slower berning speeds)) are actuly a good thing

Nono, the articles I read talked of 2x-4x read speeds, not write speeds.

This is informative. Some innacuracies, as pointed out by some of the comments, but informative nonetheless.
The blogger is missing two key points though. With mastered disks (game disks) data is pushed to the outer edge, not the inner edge resulting in closer to the maximum read speed for DVDs. Second, CAV allows a lower seek time as they do not have to change the disc's speed of rotation. This is an advantage of disks with lots of files such as game disks.
REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heart heart heart
Malevolent Forces
REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heart heart heart
Why!

((and you cant just say becauseits awsome actuly say what you like about it.

((if you say the contoler what are you looking forword to ab out that))
360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i also preordered the ps3 but they shudnt change the boomerang style controller bcuz me frend has angermanagement problems and if he chucked it out the window it wud c** bak 2 him...wudnt hav 2 worry about goin outside 2 retrieve it....
Amethyst_Ninja
Everyone likes graphics better than actual gameplay. WHY?

DUnno. I, however, am not like that.

Quote:
Nintendo makes the best consoles

Opinion, that.

Quote:
and thinks of loads of different ways to improve gameplay value.

New=/=better.

Quote:
Like for the DS they had the Dual Screens

Not new.

Quote:
Touch Screen

Still not new.

Quote:
and a mic.

BY GOD! We have a new thing! Don't really cafre abotu that, however.

Quote:
But with PS2 and XBox... they don't try anything.

False.

Quote:
All they do is make consoles compatible with DVDs and stuff like that. Nothing to do with gameplay.

Ever heard of Xbox Live?

Quote:
For SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System) Nintendo even made a controller with a joystick that is designed to be controlled by the chin and not the hand (for disabled people, duh).

o.O never heard of this. Proof?
*Doesn't know what to say* Uhhh...Can't wait for PS3 and Revo sweatdrop
Langlen
Congratulations on proving that you've done no research. The PS3 is supposed to be the strongest this time around.

I consider the Playstation 3 to be more of a wild card at this point. Even though it is too early to tell, I think programmers are going to have a hard time with Cell. (That might change later on.) What Cell does it quite different from modern day processors. Cell uses massive parallel processing. (ie, using all SPE's to accomplish a task. It can multitask, but that is up to the programmer/s and the compiler.) While most of the modern day processors (A Pentium 4 for example.) are designed to handle one task at a time. (This is changing.) Most programmers are used to writing code for one processor let alone eight. I can see some of the power in the Playstation 3 and Cell remaining untapped because of this.

I'm not saying that Cell is a bad design. From a technical stand point, it is a quite interesting piece of technology. However, I believe gaming is not a correct application for it.
Zeiro
*Doesn't know what to say* Uhhh...Can't wait for PS3 and Revo sweatdrop

i dont really want the revo...but the ps3 is gonna b cool
Langlen proves many wrong, i bow to you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff