Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ulrick Darcken
Ulrick Darcken
also sony's a little weried because the PSP is being used more as a media devise ((more movie's and MP3's)) than for gameing witch is were it wold make all its cash
hell now that i think about it my uncle is one of the people that use's it just for MP3's and Movie's as he has to travel alot. he has one game and has had it for a long time

((oh and im telling you this because anuther worie sony reps have talked about is if the PS3 dose come out as an inexspansive blu-ray player that it will go the way of the PSP and manny people will just bye it for the Blu-ray capobiloty and not get any game's were thay make all there cash))

sony is willing to take a hit for ever PS3 sold but not if it meens there not going to make it up in softwere (game's))
Well, for a while, the multi media purposes were more useful than the games... With the PS3, they have an established purpose that is for gaming... the other features arn't as heavily played.
Bunny--man
Ulrick Darcken
Ulrick Darcken
also sony's a little weried because the PSP is being used more as a media devise ((more movie's and MP3's)) than for gameing witch is were it wold make all its cash
hell now that i think about it my uncle is one of the people that use's it just for MP3's and Movie's as he has to travel alot. he has one game and has had it for a long time

((oh and im telling you this because anuther worie sony reps have talked about is if the PS3 dose come out as an inexspansive blu-ray player that it will go the way of the PSP and manny people will just bye it for the Blu-ray capobiloty and not get any game's were thay make all there cash))

sony is willing to take a hit for ever PS3 sold but not if it meens there not going to make it up in softwere (game's))
Well, for a while, the multi media purposes were more useful than the games... With the PS3, they have an established purpose that is for gaming... the other features arn't as heavily played.
Its a big risk. and so far all sine's point to Blu-ray not being used for gthe game's. wether its because of price slow read speed, or because Devs just dont need any thing more than DVD9's

Blu-ray is looking bright but in the PS3 not so much. it just looks like somthing so sony can say "HAY! it has Blu-ray. so here's you $500 pice tag"

As the price of stander Blu-ray players that only People with HDTV's need drop because gamer's that dont have HDTV's are spending cash on a console that use's its Teck
Sony sells PS3 with Blu-ray. ((losses cash))

Gamer Bye's (($500)) PS3 for awsome game's ((losses cash))

Gamer bye's game's {more than one or two} ( sony make's cash backup for PS3)

Gamer byes more awsome game's (( sony make's cash back up for blu-ray teck))

because sony has just sold all this Blu-ray teck the price of a standerd blu-ray player will go down

gamer without a HDTV never use's blu-ray player as he got all the movie's on DVD becaus he didnt feel like spending $40 on a movie that didnt give him any thing extra without an HDTV
Yasee, the thing is:

In a few years, as the technology develops, HD-TVs will become cheap and easy to find.

And with all public television broadcasts going HD by 2009, the market is going to be solely HD.

And then we're all going to be glad for HD support.
Bag of Monster
Yasee, the thing is:

In a few years, as the technology develops, HD-TVs will become cheap and easy to find.

And with all public television broadcasts going HD by 2009, the market is going to be solely HD.

but there not all going to be 1080P witch is the only thing Blu-ray actuly improves on

((i fergot to say that befor))
tell me how much better do you realy think HDTV can get in terms of how good thay look. right now do you think HD can look much beter than how it play's on a DVD9
Ulrick Darcken
Bag of Monster
Yasee, the thing is:

but there not all going to be 1080P witch is the only thing Blu-ray actuly improves on

((i fergot to say that befor))

Of course not, but 1080p will be more common by then.
Bag of Monster
Yasee, the thing is:

Meh?
also right now all Blu-ray is good for is Movie's as the read speed is to slow for video game's ((woooo 30 min loud time's...........))

but bye the time the PS4 and ((what ever the hell MS desides to call there next systome)) come out Blu-ray ((or HD-DVD i wont count that out just yet)) actuly get to the point were thay can actuly play video game's ((faster read speeds less sensativ disk's)) and the price drops Than that is when DVD's will start to die off and the PS4 and errr 720 will actuly have game's made on it. ((because by that time devs probly will be runing out of space))
Ulrick Darcken
also right now all Blu-ray is good for is Movie's as the read speed is to slow for video game's ((woooo 30 min loud time's...........))

but bye the time the PS4 and ((what ever the hell MS desides to call there next systome)) come out Blu-ray ((or HD-DVD i wont count that out just yet)) actuly get to the point were thay can actuly play video game's ((faster read speeds less sensativ disk's)) and the price drops Than that is when DVD's will start to die off and the PS4 and errr 720 will actuly have game's made on it. ((because by that time devs probly will be runing out of space))

Got any official info on the read speed of the PS3's blue ray drive that you can link me to?
Because the only thing I'm finding through google search suggests 2x - 4x, and that ain't too bad.
Bag of Monster
Ulrick Darcken

Got any official info on the read speed of the PS3's blue ray drive that you can link me to?
Because the only thing I'm finding through google search suggests 2x - 4x, and that ain't too bad.
2x 4x is about as slow as you go man for gameing you need about 6x at lest

i think your thinking in terms of berning disk were 2x and 4x ((the slower berning speeds)) are actuly a good thing
Ulrick Darcken
Bag of Monster
Ulrick Darcken

2x 4x is about as slow as you go man for gameing you need about 6x at lest

i think your thinking in terms of berning disk were 2x and 4x ((the slower berning speeds)) are actuly a good thing

Nono, the articles I read talked of 2x-4x read speeds, not write speeds.

This is informative. Some innacuracies, as pointed out by some of the comments, but informative nonetheless.
Hmm I like the 360 but have you heard? Microsoft has been recalling 360's becuase of a lot of them goin hay wire. So it was released b 4 it should have been. Still the graphic are awsome

The PS3 will probably have the best graphics becuase they are perfecting everything b 4 release. sad thing is that it might not have the DVD feature anymore because of room.

The only thing that might bring alittle fame back to nintendo for the revolution is Zelda Twilight princess considering it was pushed back so many times and Zelda fans are eager. Some ppl may like or hate the new control system they have and that is wat most ppl are lookin forward to.
I get one soon! I mean, the 360... crying
i like x-box 360 biggrin 3nodding lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas