Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ulrick Darcken
uber diabl0
I don't know... I have a 360, and it's nothing specail. I would still rather bust out 7 or something on the ps/2
link to gamer tag plez as long as you have the free xbox live youhave a gamer tag.

also you do not that ALL loch games ((also games likegears of war)) are only useing 1/3 of the 60 power. and all the lonch games were VARRY much rushed
it will most likely be the the same for the ps3
Im thinking about getting 2 PS3 and then selling them.Then Im going to go sell the boxes. 3nodding

But I am going to end up getting all 3 the first next gen console I will get will proably be the Xbox 360. 3nodding
dragonfyir
Bag of Monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS2#Price_history

It started out at 300 dollars. But I remember when it was first released an auction that I saw on Ebay started off as 2 cents was up to 2000 dollars, and still had a while left on it. It was insane.
reminds me of the 360 3nodding
it was crazzy the 360 got to ALOT more than 3000
Ulrick Darcken
uber diabl0
I don't know... I have a 360, and it's nothing specail. I would still rather bust out 7 or something on the ps/2
link to gamer tag plez as long as you have the free xbox live youhave a gamer tag.

also you do not that ALL loch games ((also games likegears of war)) are only useing 1/3 of the 60 power. and all the lonch games were VARRY much rushed

The entire thing was rushed in my opion, Sony knows whats going on waiting till they can release something that shouldn't have a recall. and what do you mean link to gamer tags? and Silver isn't worth playing on...
dragonfyir
Ulrick Darcken
uber diabl0

it will most likely be the the same for the ps3
and just like all the other consoles right now there will be a dry spell after the holoday's

actuly i dont think it will be as bad as for the PS3 but only because devs will of already had time to work with next gen PC teck ((the stuff going into the 360 and PS3)) with the 360 being out a year befor and all.
XBOX 360: This will most likely be the best for people looking for online capabilities, they have the most experiance handling an online console. Though not a big seller in japan, so dont expect much support from companies like capcom and konamii. There will be some, but not as much as the other two. On the other hand they have more American support, Bungee for example. Though the graphics (so far) arent too amazing, my comp is more capable than this. Though the first year of a console usually dont have games that really test the capabilities of the graphics engine. So we will have to wait and see. The Launch list had far too many sequals.

PS3: The best thing sony has going for them is there impressive list of third party support. Though the PS2 was inferior graphically to the gamecube and the xbox it was able to be very succesful thanks to the support of great companies. And now that PS3 has the best graphics engine of the three combined with the amazing support they've enjoyed all this time, it should turn out to be an amazing console. Though that graphics enginge carries a hefty price tag with it, making this (most likely, since they haven't announced anything) the most costly of the 3.
On the other hand, How do I play with a boomerang?!

Revolution: This one is still very much in the dark. Graphically it should be great (though we have seen no actual screen shots) And the innovative controller has me a bit concerned. It will either be amazing or terrible, Im going to have to wait and see. Im just seeing flash backs of my five year old cousin flinging around the controller of the PS2 in the direction he wants to move, now with this console that is ACTUALLY how it works! I am very interested, and Nintendo has never really let me down in all these years. Though they have never had alot of third party support since the Super Nintendo and this console isnt going to help that. Nintendo itself is usually good enough to crank out a bunch of wonerful game themselves however. Though I dont think Nintendo will ever quite shake its kiddy image. (Resident Evil is leaving Nintendo, so they lose that arguement. Eternal Darkness is a little old, and never got a sequal. and Geist flopped big time) and the flinging around the controller doesnt help the kiddy image.

Conclusion:

PS3: This is the one ill be picking up on the day of its release.

Revolution: Im going to have to wait a month or so after its release to see what its really like. (Or when a Zelda game is released for it)

XBox 360: I said this with the original XBOX, most games feel like they should be for PC, and since I love my PC, Ill stick with it instead of the XBOX
uber diabl0
The point is what the systems do, not what it takes to get them! stressed sweatdrop

Half agreement, half not. The amount of consoles out in the market also determines which ones are preferable to develop for. The PS2 had sold alot, so that meant there were alot of PS2s out in the world in people's houses and in the streets, which means that if you want to release a game, the console you'd get the most amount of possible game sales on would be the PS2.

At least, that's from a developer's perspective.
@Kakihara_Anjo: Why not just buy all three?
This thread makes me want a Revolution real bad.
Kakihara_Anjo
XBOX 360: This will most likely be the best for people looking for online capabilities, they have the most experiance handling an online console. Though not a big seller in japan, so dont expect much support from companies like capcom and konamii. There will be some, but not as much as the other two. On the other hand they have more American support, Bungee for example. Though the graphics (so far) arent too amazing, my comp is more capable than this. Though the first year of a console usually dont have games that really test the capabilities of the graphics engine. So we will have to wait and see. The Launch list had far too many sequals.

PS3: The best thing sony has going for them is there impressive list of third party support. Though the PS2 was inferior graphically to the gamecube and the xbox it was able to be very succesful thanks to the support of great companies. And now that PS3 has the best graphics engine of the three combined with the amazing support they've enjoyed all this time, it should turn out to be an amazing console. Though that graphics enginge carries a hefty price tag with it, making this (most likely, since they haven't announced anything) the most costly of the 3.

Revolution: This one is still very much in the dark. Graphically it should be great (though we have seen no actual screen shots) And the innovative controller has me a bit concerned. It will either be amazing or terrible, Im going to have to wait and see. Im just seeing flash backs of my five year old cousin flinging around the controller of the PS2 in the direction he wants to move, now with this console that is ACTUALLY how it works! I am very interested, and Nintendo has never really let me down in all these years. Though they have never had alot of third party support since the Super Nintendo and this console isnt going to help that. Nintendo itself is usually good enough to crank out a bunch of wonerful game themselves however. Though I dont think Nintendo will ever quite shake its kiddy image. (Resident Evil is leaving Nintendo, so they lose that arguement. Eternal Darkness is a little old, and never got a sequal. and Geist flopped big time) and the flinging around the controller doesnt help the kiddy image.

Conclusion:

Revolution: Im going to have to wait a month or so after its release to see what its really like. (Or when a Zelda game is released for it)

XBox 360: I said this with the original XBOX, most games feel like they should be for PC, and since I love my PC, Ill stick with it instead of the XBOX
((i was to lazzy to read most of that BUT....)

unlike the Xbox game's like, lost odisie, blue draggan, and 99 night's are not Ment for PC
Bag of Monster
uber diabl0
The point is what the systems do, not what it takes to get them! stressed sweatdrop

Half agreement, half not. The amount of consoles out in the market also determines which ones are preferable to develop for. The PS2 had sold alot, so that meant there were alot of PS2s out in the world in people's houses and in the streets, which means that if you want to release a game, the console you'd get the most amount of possible game sales on would be the PS2.

At least, that's from a developer's perspective.

Yeah, that make plenty of sence, what I was complaining about was people agruing about the prise that they were...
uber diabl0
@Kakihara_Anjo: Why not just buy all three?
i will be getting all three but it will bern a hole in my pockit.

for some that just cost to much.. some people will wate up to a year or more just for the price on there console to drop.
Ulrick Darcken
Kakihara_Anjo

Conclusion:

((i was to lazzy to read most of that BUT....)

unlike the Xbox game's like, lost odisie, blue draggan, and 99 night's are not Ment for PC

Do you think consoles will eventually kill out PC gaming. question
Holy ******** s**t it's about time we got as ticky on this.

In any case, I'mgetting all 3.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces