Welcome to Gaia! ::

LameYume
Dante Rebellion Sparda
LameYume
I think the Devil May Cry series died.
I am a big fan of the original Devil May Cry series.
But I have two reasons why they won't continue.
#1. Dante is getting old in his age.
#2. It is Capcom we are talking about.
They are known for killing big franchises.
They killed one of their most popular franchise which was Mega Man.

So I am pretty sure the Devil Mary Cry series is dead.
At least for making original sequels.

Problem with Mega Man was that Mega Man was over saturating the market. Which by 2000 hitting, there was Mega Man games being made every single year. Mega Man isn't "Dead", though. It's on a hiatus. Maverick Hunter didn't do well and I heard MM10 met with mixed feelings. Like with BoF series, Dragon Quarter was garbage, so it's also on hiatus.

Basara is still a strong series, but it's confined to Japan.

Onimusha 3 was a great game; but Onimusha characters seem to be based off historical figures, as Basara ones are. Just Basara characters are more with a twist.

Dante growing old?

He's in his late 40's in 2. He also wouldn't wear out in that age.

Well they did cancel Mega Man Legends 3.
Which was announced in 2010.
And they did discontinue Mega Man Battle Network series and Starforce series on the handheld console.
Even if it did a proper ending, the game was really popular and Capcom would have made a lot of money if they still continued with series like that but they did not.

Yes, Dante is getting old.
I have played Devil May Cry 2 as well and he looked cool and such.
But people's favorite is still Dante from Devil May Cry 3, where he really got that young attitude.
I am not talking about how much energy he has on a certain age, I am talking about his look and attitude.
And the developers made Dante still age as a normal human even if he is a half Demon.
What I am trying to say is: I do not want him to get older, Dante's age from Devil May Cry 2 is old enough. Unless you want him to look like Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid 4, no one wants that. Dante is supposed to be cool.

My ol' Man, Sparda is over 2000 years old and appears to look like a man in his mid 40's, along with a stylin' monocle.

Glad people still like me in DMC3.

Battle Network and Star Force ended. Kiddo in BN Grew up. Considering I don't think Capcom didn't want to pull a Land Before Time with the BN series (I never played 'em)

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
"******** up all the characters."

You mean the TWO ******** characters carried over in the reboot, and ACTUALLY HAVE A ******** BACK STORY NOW OTHER THAN "WE HAD PARENTS. THEY ARE DEAD NOW. I'M A COOL GUY SILVER HAIRED EMO HEARTTHROB AND I'M A SNOBBY COLD SPIKEY SILVER HAIRED HEARTHROB."

******** you, DMC1 and DMC2 are ******** bad.
DMC4 is decent.
DMC3 is good.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Nekro Byte
SenatorShockwave

Devil May Cry beats all simply because of the Sword of Sparda.

I always liked Neo Angelo and that was it.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

God, I hope not. DmC was superior in every way to the original series.

Well, except in the "Number of scantily clad females" way.

That can be fixed, though.

Dangerous Genius

Raven Prime
God, I hope not. DmC was superior in every way to the original series.

Well, except in the "Number of scantily clad females" way.

That can be fixed, though.
I want my 90's cartoony style Dante back. So no thanks.

Dangerous Genius

[******** up all the characters."

You mean the TWO ******** characters carried over in the reboot, and ACTUALLY HAVE A ******** BACK STORY NOW OTHER THAN "WE HAD PARENTS. THEY ARE DEAD NOW. I'M A COOL GUY SILVER HAIRED EMO HEARTTHROB AND I'M A SNOBBY COLD SPIKEY SILVER HAIRED HEARTHROB."

DMC4 is decent.
DMC3 is good.

Yeah a story, if you can call it that the story is like comparing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micheal bay production. A bunch of small changes that don't make any sense and actually entirely take away half the plot from making any sense.

The reason I bring this up is that most fans of both can see the original and the new one for the truth they are, both are horrible by today's standards "Today's standards" DMC was suppose to be reinvented for the 21st century and freaking DMC4's Dante had more character. DMC Dante was a combination of Edward and an internet atheist if you want to get in terms of personality. And for the most part, Dante being half angel makes not a lick of sense, I know there is this common trend lately to associate nephilim with half demon/ half angel but that isn't what they are, DMC Dante was a nephilim they are the offspring of Humans and fallen angels or humans and angels. "Nephalem" are from the diablo series a term only coined for that series that took inspiration from the Nephilim lore but are entirely different not to mention the ancestors of the human race. and if you wanted to have a more traditional plot Angels can't reproduce at all, only fallen angels can, which is why the original Dante actually did the Christian mythology right.

But besides that little rant, They both have the same exact plot their parents died, Dante was traumatized by demons and became a douchebag because of it and his brother is a power hungry s**t. At least the original Dante had a fun personality.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Chaos ******** up all the characters."

DMC4 is decent.
DMC3 is good.[/quote]

Yeah a story, if you can call it that the story is like comparing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micheal bay production. A bunch of small changes that don't make any sense and actually entirely take away half the plot from making any sense.

The reason I bring this up is that most fans of both can see the original and the new one for the truth they are, both are horrible by today's standards "Today's standards" DMC was suppose to be reinvented for the 21st century and freaking DMC4's Dante had more character. DMC Dante was a combination of Edward and an internet atheist if you want to get in terms of personality. And for the most part, Dante being half angel makes not a lick of sense, I know there is this common trend lately to associate nephilim with half demon/ half angel but that isn't what they are, DMC Dante was a nephilim they are the offspring of Humans and fallen angels or humans and angels. "Nephalem" are from the diablo series a term only coined for that series that took inspiration from the Nephilim lore but are entirely different not to mention the ancestors of the human race. and if you wanted to have a more traditional plot Angels can't reproduce at all, only fallen angels can, which is why the original Dante actually did the Christian mythology right.

But besides that little rant, They both have the same exact plot their parents died, Dante was traumatized by demons and became a douchebag because of it and his brother is a power hungry s**t. At least the original Dante had a fun persona
p59f4tkj:0="Chaos ******** up all the characters."

DMC4 is decent.
DMC3 is good.[/quote]

But besides that little rant, They both have the same exact plot their parents died, Dante was traumatized by demons and became a douchebag because of it and his brother is a power hungry s**t. At least the original Dante had a fun personality.

The same 3 jokes makes him have a fun personality?
And if we're nitpicking the nature of the parents.
DemonxHuman is all over the place.
DemonxAngel ALL OVER THE PLACE.
Nephilim referring to both? Multiple times over.

Death in Darksiders is considered a nephilim for ******** sake because some stupid bullshit about ashes of angels and demons being how he was born.

And Vergil had a better motive and was a lot less of a brooding piece of wood than in DMC3.
Same goal yeah, "gain power". But DmC Vergil was more "This guy is a c**t. Imma kill him, and be a good c**t."

And honestly, there is no difference between the Dantes. Neither cares about s**t really. Both assholes. Both have one facial expression for the most part. And they have the same 3 jokes just retold over and over, in varying formats. DmC Dante just happens to say ********. Which apparently makes him 2edgy4u. And neither of them screams masculinity.

And the game actually integrated real world s**t and stupid a** conspiracies into the story pretty damn well.

Dangerous Genius

SenatorShockwave
Chaos ******** up all the characters."

DMC4 is decent.
DMC3 is good.[/quote]

But besides that little rant, They both have the same exact plot their parents died, Dante was traumatized by demons and became a douchebag because of it and his brother is a power hungry s**t. At least the original Dante had a fun persona
p59f4tkj:1="Chaos ******** up all the characters."

DMC4 is decent.
DMC3 is good.[/quote]

The same 3 jokes makes him have a fun personality?
And if we're nitpicking the nature of the parents.
DemonxHuman is all over the place.
DemonxAngel ALL OVER THE PLACE.
Nephilim referring to both? Multiple times over.

Death in Darksiders is considered a nephilim for ******** sake because some stupid bullshit about ashes of angels and demons being how he was born.

And Vergil had a better motive and was a lot less of a brooding piece of wood than in DMC3.
Same goal yeah, "gain power". But DmC Vergil was more "This guy is a c**t. Imma kill him, and be a good c**t."

And honestly, there is no difference between the Dantes. Neither cares about s**t really. Both assholes. Both have one facial expression for the most part. And they have the same 3 jokes just retold over and over, in varying formats. DmC Dante just happens to say ********. Which apparently makes him 2edgy4u. And neither of them screams masculinity.

And the game actually integrated real world s**t and stupid a** conspiracies into the story pretty damn well.

Darksiders actually is the first game to use the straight up title of "nephilim" to mean this kind of halfbreed. All the 4 riders are Nephilim, the last survivors because they killed them all. Before Diablo half angel/ half demon didn't really have a name as far as I can look back, people just called them "half-breeds."

Vergil' "and then enslave the human race again with the same means" admit it he was still pretty brooding.

I don't think that it was that he was edgy so much as the dialogue for that section just made everyone cringe, it was bad. Its like a slap fight between a couple of 5th graders and just not in a cute way.

Eh, I can admit that the conspiracies were pretty well integrated, but I kind of prefer a world separated from reality where people actually knew about demons beforehand, had a statue of Dante's old man downtown and then he could just go walking around in broad daylight with half the people in the world not knowing who he is. It added to his cocky character and just gave it a type of over the top humor, where as the new one just makes him come off as an uncaring a**, it fits for him, but not for the new one. the reboot is kind of like how people want to see spiderman grow up and get entirely disappointed.
Old DMC was corny, and cringe worthy in almost every aspect.

If DmC had DMC3/4's gameplay, it would easily be my GOTY, during that year. Not to say DmC's gameplay wasn't fun, just too easy and had a few pretty bad mechanics.

Frankly, I find the dialogue and story 10x superior to all the DMC games. I found the characters to be relatable, or understandable at the least, and thought the integration of corrupt politics and media being directly tied in with hellish demons awesome.

******** all DMC games except 3, simply for its gameplay which I admit, is superior. Other than that, DmC was better. A lot better.

Indulgent Faun

7,150 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
Capcom released a teaser 'picture' of Devil May Cry 5 logo after Ninja Theory just dropped the DMC reboot. Personally I thought the game was horrible, and I could tell what their political views just by seeing what they did through out the game, and I was glad that Capcom took the Devil May Cry franchise back.

I am not going to say anything more about that subject, since I know that I'm probably going to be flamed from that last comment.

DMC5 might be coming out this year, but it hasn't been confirmed. I can see it be released in '16 to be honest with you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff