Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is it that a console just ''works'' and you don't need to worry about the chances of the game not running, price difference, or what could it be?

What would you say if someday the Console and PC online communities were able to play together?

Liberal Streaker

3,950 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
It's because some people actually have the idea in their head that a console is a cheaper purchase.
Caucasian Walk
It's because some people actually have the idea in their head that a console is a cheaper purchase.

After all those games, and how you have to buy another 300 dollar console every time a new one comes out, and having to rely on old consoles to play games that are no longer supported by newer console? Yep

Damn. I confused myself.
Supertaquito
Is it that a console just ''works'' and you don't need to worry about the chances of the game not running, price difference, or what could it be?

What would you say if someday the Console and PC online communities were able to play together?

Exclusives. But then again, I have all the consoles and a PC.

Also, both PC and consoles have palyed together in the game Shadowrun. It was an FPS and the PC players just kept destroying console players so they shut down multiplayer.
8GBGDDR5RAM
Im to the left there
Supertaquito

Exclusives. But then again, I have all the consoles and a PC.

Also, both PC and consoles have palyed together in the game Shadowrun. It was an FPS and the PC players just kept destroying console players so they shut down multiplayer.

In the future I believe there will be an implementation to have the servers set up with same levels of sensitivity for the mouse and control pads. That would even things out pretty nicely.
Many reasons: I prefer to sit farther away from the screen and recline my seat, I prefer a controller over a mouse/keyboard, the screen is bigger, select titles that are not on pc. A huge reason is that the majority of non-active, sedentary, work/school related things such as social networking are done on PC. I do not want to sit in front of a screen when I want to game as well. Also, I do not mind spending 300$ or more on a console, as they do not come out often.

I really don't understand why PC gamers can't grasp the idea of people preferring consoles.
Exclusives, really.

But then again, PC has some real awesome exclusives, too. Had the Witcher II stayed PC exclusive, then it would have had the best IP in my mind. I absolutely can't wait for Wild Hunt.
deep red shadow
Many reasons: I prefer to sit farther away from the screen and recline my seat, I prefer a controller over a mouse/keyboard, the screen is bigger, select titles that are not on pc. A huge reason is that the majority of non-active, sedentary, work/school related things such as social networking are done on PC. I do not want to sit in front of a screen when I want to game as well. Also, I do not mind spending 300$ or more on a console, as they do not come out often.

I really don't understand why PC gamers can't grasp the idea of people preferring consoles.

I don't understand you reasoning. I mean. I've been both a console, and PC gamer.
You can sit as far away from a console as you cam from a computer.
You can get as big of a screen for a console and for a computer.
Computers can get bluetooth, and you can use a PS3 controller, not to mention the xbox 360 control is supposed by default on any pc with a windows installation.
Most titles are on PC, and those that are not can be emulated.

I don't understand... is it that recent console gamers cannot grasp the functionality of a computer because it takes time to learn?

Fashionable Shapeshifter

For me it is all about circumstances I'm a college student who lives in the dorms. There is noway in hell I am building a computer to have a high probability chance of it getting stolen or campus virus, plus what will I do with the thing during breaks.
another problem is I use a P.O. box not everything ships to P.O box
This is a personal problem but I don't know s**t about computers, but I heard it not that hard to build a PC so I may get one when I have my own place.

Fanatical Prophet

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Plug in and play. It's just easier for me plus I don't have a gaming computer I'm lucky if I can even find a game that runs on my computer.

Questionable Phantom

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
I grew up on consoles, so I simply find they are more appealing to me.
I have a PC, but I don't use it for gaming (With the exception of zOMG!) .

Also, local multi-player is generally much more streamlined on consoles.

Quote:

I say that would be awesome, although I don't play very many games online.

Lonely Citizen

I don't think I prefer either over the other. I started out as a console gamer at age of 4/5 but played the last 6 to nearly 7 years on the pc. Now I'm on a break from pc and back to consoles as that's just the kind of gamer I am, I like to switch it up.
Priestess Resira
I don't.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas