Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

7,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
I never found anyone yet who likes rule of rose on here.

So what survival type of games do you like? surprised

IRL Noob

washu-the-powerful
I never found anyone yet who likes rule of rose on here.

So what survival type of games do you like? surprised

well i liked the story in rule of rose but the gameplay seemed...(though i never played it myself i watched Cry play it)
im watching someone play Alan Wake atm and so far its nothing sensational

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
I never heard of Rule of Rose until now.

I like survival horror in the 3rd person view such as Resident Evil Revelation on 3DS. If you have a 3DS, the demo is amazing good as in scary good. What makes it so good is the imagery use of (washed out gray and red) combined with sound that brings out tension. The combat is really good and there is a shortage in amounts if one does not explore. Exploring every nook and cranny rewards you with the extra ammo or healing item to survive the next area of monsters.

You will know what I mean once you play the demo on 3DS. Words can describe it but playing it first hand is what must be done.

Feral Nymph

Really? I love Rule of Rose, even though it has its issues. The story has a great, surreal atmosphere, a wonderfully twisted story and one of my favorite soundtracks which I spent far too long trying to find after I played the game.

Thieving Sex Symbol

16,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I like survival horror in theory. A lot of them have pretty solid plotlines, which makes them great for people looking for a more cerebral experience.

I'm really put off that most of them use a more 'run and hide' approach to enemies, though. I don't like games heavy on chase scenes and would rather initiate combat.

I've heard of Rule of Rose and it sounds interesting. I'm going to watch Cry's Let's Play on it before committing to the game.

I've played the first two Fatal Frame games. The camera system wasn't my thing; I lack appropriate timing. They have good atmosphere and spooky backstories, though.

Angelic Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Over Easy 100
  • Party Animal 100
survival horror games are one of my favorite types of games

i have yet to play the fatal frame series but i've been interested in them for a while now

as for my personal favorite, i enjoy the corpse party series. there's the RPG maker games (PC) which are a lot more heavily based on gameplay and then you have the ones released on the PSP. book of shadows, the sequel to the first corpse party released on the PSP, plays out more like a visual novel, but with a bit more gameplay too, something like when you're doing an investigation in the Ace Attorney series, if you've heard of or played those games.

Dedicated Loiterer

I like pretty much any survival horror that's scary. I hate the backtracking, key collecting, and puzzle solving that comes with it though.
I really like Theresia though, it's been not totally terrible.

Feral Nymph

Ruff Rabbit
I like pretty much any survival horror that's scary. I hate the backtracking, key collecting, and puzzle solving that comes with it though.

I liked Theresia, but the constant traps got sort of annoying.

Dedicated Loiterer

Pessimist
Ruff Rabbit

The only thing that really bothered me is how slow you walk. Like god damn I gotta treck across this whole facility to go get something I ain't got time to be going at a snail's pace.
Thankfully there's usually plenty of healing stuff. I remember at some point you have to actually knock over a bookshelf to proceed and it takes out like half your health though.

Feral Nymph

Ruff Rabbit
Pessimist
Ruff Rabbit

The only thing that really bothered me is how slow you walk. Like god damn I gotta treck across this whole facility to go get something I ain't got time to be going at a snail's pace.
Thankfully there's usually plenty of healing stuff. I remember at some point you have to actually knock over a bookshelf to proceed and it takes out like half your health though.

I think it's a thing with girls in Japanese games; they cannot run, often quite literally, to save their lives.

And I don't remember the bookshelf off the top of my head, but I do remember falling into something to advance the plot and taking damage from that.

But me accidentally blowing myself up at the end was probably my own fault. xd

Dedicated Loiterer

Pessimist
Ruff Rabbit
Pessimist
Ruff Rabbit

I think it's a thing with girls in Japanese games; they cannot run, often quite literally, to save their lives.

And I don't remember the bookshelf off the top of my head, but I do remember falling into something to advance the plot and taking damage from that.

But me accidentally blowing myself up at the end was probably my own fault. xd

Oh god I just remembered this PS1 game called City of Lost Children. The map was big and confusing and you moved so slowly it was pretty much unplayable. Not being able to run is pretty much the worst game mechanic ever.

Theresia is pretty determined to murder you. I've died and been set back hours before (given they were just hours of wandering around not being sure of what to do).

Dedicated Seeker

I love watching my brother play horror games but I rarely play them myself; though I'd like to check out Sound of Silence when it comes out.
I did love playing Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

Dapper Dabbler

7,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
Who likes the silent hill series?

Thieving Sex Symbol

16,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Gasai Hope
survival horror games are one of my favorite types of games

i have yet to play the fatal frame series but i've been interested in them for a while now

as for my personal favorite, i enjoy the corpse party series. there's the RPG maker games (PC) which are a lot more heavily based on gameplay and then you have the ones released on the PSP. book of shadows, the sequel to the first corpse party released on the PSP, plays out more like a visual novel, but with a bit more gameplay too, something like when you're doing an investigation in the Ace Attorney series, if you've heard of or played those games.

I recently just watched a LP of Corpse Party and liked it a lot. For an 8-bit game, it's pretty spooky and atmospheric. I should probably play it, but that chase scene as Yuka would probably kill me and result in a broken PSP. The story was great, though.
Strawberry Requiem
I'm really put off that most of them use a more 'run and hide' approach to enemies, though. I don't like games heavy on chase scenes and would rather initiate combat.

Well said and I agree wholeheartedly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces