Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Star

14,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Cleric 100
I never had to deal with that. I'm actually cool with the people there, well the one close to home and another college anyway.
I've worked at Gamestop for 5 years and I've very rarely let my own personal opinion sway a customer. It REALLY has to suck for me to warn them before they buy. BUT, I always tell them the return/exchange policy so when they do get the game anyway...they know they can bring it back for a different game withing 7 days.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Ripley MacReady
I've worked at Gamestop for 5 years and I've very rarely let my own personal opinion sway a customer. It REALLY has to suck for me to warn them before they buy. BUT, I always tell them the return/exchange policy so when they do get the game anyway...they know they can bring it back for a different game withing 7 days.
There's a difference between "letting your own personal opinion sway a customer" and knowing your product and paying attention to reviews.

Either way, a salesperson who's actually worth buying from WILL warn someone if the product they want to buy might not be worth it.

The people you shouldn't buy from are the people who are just "Meh, sale's a sale."

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Its good and bad I guess.
He could be very knowledge about the games and may have played both and wanted to help you save your dollar from a bad game. But its personal appeal and what is good to him might have been awful for you and you would be pissed off, I know I would be. xd
Raven Prime
Ripley MacReady
There's a difference between "letting your own personal opinion sway a customer" and knowing your product and paying attention to reviews.

Either way, a salesperson who's actually worth buying from WILL warn someone if the product they want to buy might not be worth it.

The people you shouldn't buy from are the people who are just "Meh, sale's a sale."

I've never been that kind of person. I remember when they told us that we weren't supposed to tell people not to buy a game because it sucks. It's rude and unprofessional. But, you know...some people still did it anyway. :/

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Ripley MacReady
Raven Prime
Ripley MacReady

I've never been that kind of person. I remember when they told us that we weren't supposed to tell people not to buy a game because it sucks. It's rude and unprofessional. But, you know...some people still did it anyway. :/
It's neither rude nor unprofessional.

It's polite and professional to warn somebody that the product they're buying may be unsatisfactory (depending on how you word it).

Sure, telling someone "YOU'RE A MORON DON'T BUY THAT PIECE OF s**t" is rude and unprofessional.
But "You know, that game's had a ton of bad reviews and we've had a lot of people return it. Here's a suggestion for a different game of the same style that has had far better reviews." is what salespeople SHOULD be doing. Especially if their company tells them not to, because that shows they have integrity and knowledge about their choice of work instead of being an idiotic wage slave.
Raven Prime
Lost Dynamis
So I guess we should start killing off gangsters then because they wont let me shop in my corner street market because they "own that turf" then right? I mean, they did just tell me they'll kill me and since we're in a world where there are no morals and it's the fitter who survive, and they threaten my life, it's my natural duty to kill said gangster, right?
Fine with me.
The law might have a problem with it, but then again, the law doesn't have a problem with used game sales, so that's kinda an irrelevant point to the discussion, now isn't it?

Quote:
Then the entire point of this argument is speculation on both sides.
If the argument was actually about whether or not they'd stop.
Which it never was, for me.
It was about pointing out that your reason is selfish, therefore not really a valid reason to hate Gamestop any more than hating the developers for choosing to take that road.

Quote:
I cannot say they're concrete fact, since apparently them saying themselves is not good enough, but I still can say I stand by my beliefs to be true. And it's still a reason enough to hate Gamestop ( which is the single target of the thread, detracted from the whole ).
Just because it's your reason doesn't mean it's a valid reason.

Quote:
Fine with me.
The law might have a problem with it, but then again, the law doesn't have a problem with used game sales, so that's kinda an irrelevant point to the discussion, now isn't it?

Irrelevance seems to be a key factor in this conversation, yet it doesn't stop it from happening.

Selfish.

Quote:
If the argument was actually about whether or not they'd stop.
Which it never was, for me.
It was about pointing out that your reason is selfish, therefore not really a valid reason to hate Gamestop any more than hating the developers for choosing to take that road.

Yeah and that's extremely debateable, just because I don't care as much for things that don't concern me. Why should I?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Lost Dynamis

Yeah and that's extremely debateable, just because I don't care as much for things that don't concern me. Why should I?
That's exactly what makes it selfish.

Despite used movie sales and used book sales being the same "problem" as used video game sales, you don't care because they don't concern you.

That's the very definition of selfish.

selfish
devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others.

You should also be putting some of the blame for the DLC on the backs of the developers for doing it that way too.
Used game sales have been around for ages. Many of my NES games were bought used.
Developers are the ones that decided to rip things out and add them on the side.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff