Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Luna Kyu
So Today I headed to Gamestop to see uf they had a copy of Far Cry Vengeance, they did as i went to pay for it the guy at cash register told me not to buy it cause it was a bad game and instead told me to buy The Conduit what the ******** Gamestop your suppose to sell games ._.

Anyways I didn't buy either, there is another Gamestop i can go to lol

What's weirder to me is that he recommended The Conduit over The Conduit 2..........

Blessed Poster

I'm still happy I never shop at Gamestop. biggrin biggrin biggrin

The internet and entertainmart are all I need.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Lost Dynamis
Raven Prime
Yeah, I hate it when people try to give me advice to potentially avoid a bad purchase. Oh wait no, I don't, because it's good salesmanship to warn the customer that the product they want to purchase might not be worth it.

Shockingly, you do have the right to say "No, that's okay, I'll still get this."

b***h when Gamestop's "all about the money", b***h when Gamestop tries to talk you out of a sale of a game that had horrible reviews.

This is why I don't take any Gamestop hater seriously.

I agree that this kid has a bad reason for hate, but I wouldn't go as far as saying GameStop haters don't have good reason for hating them, considering I think they are the sole downfall to the Video Games, or at least a very large part of it.
I've never seen anyone have a legitimate reason for hating them.

"THEY WANNA RIP ME OFF BY NOT GIVING ME A TON OF MONEY FOR MY GAME" is not a legitimate complaint. It's called business. They're taking a risk buying a used game off of you. Every time you look at a used game shelf, that's a pile of games that they may have only paid minimal amounts for, but may not ever sell them. It'd only be a legitimate complaint if every single used game ever bought also sold, giving them a 100% turnaround rate.

"THEY KEEP ASKING ME IF I WANT TO PREORDER s**t WHY WONT THEY LEAVE ME ALOOOOONE" is not a legitimate complaint. It is, again, called business. They want money. You may be interested in buying a video game, given that you willingly came into the store. It's no different from any company that puts advertisements on TV. In fact, it's better than that, since they can, face to face, suggest games that are coming out that you may not have known about otherwise.

"THEY SUGGESTED I NOT BUY A GAME BECAUSE IT WAS BAD THOSE BASTARDS" is not a legitimate complaint. That's what a salesman is supposed to do. Warn you about potential bad purchases and recommend what may be a better purchase. You always have the right to buy what you want, just thank them for the suggestion but say you still want it. That's what I did when the guys at my EB warned me about Damnation.

"THERE WAS A TOTAL p***k WORKING THERE" is not a legitimate complaint about Gamestop. Congratulations, you found an a*****e employee. Because those are totally limited to Gamestop, amirite? Oh wait, no, there was this one guy at Wal-mart who stopped serving me in the middle of checking out my purchases just to go help a different customer, leaving me waiting with money in hand. You'll find assholes everywhere. Know what you could do? Talk to the ******** manager. If you didn't do that, you're part of the problem, not the solution.

4,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Raven Prime
Lost Dynamis
Raven Prime
Yeah, I hate it when people try to give me advice to potentially avoid a bad purchase. Oh wait no, I don't, because it's good salesmanship to warn the customer that the product they want to purchase might not be worth it.

Shockingly, you do have the right to say "No, that's okay, I'll still get this."

b***h when Gamestop's "all about the money", b***h when Gamestop tries to talk you out of a sale of a game that had horrible reviews.

I agree that this kid has a bad reason for hate, but I wouldn't go as far as saying GameStop haters don't have good reason for hating them, considering I think they are the sole downfall to the Video Games, or at least a very large part of it.

"THEY WANNA RIP ME OFF BY NOT GIVING ME A TON OF MONEY FOR MY GAME" is not a legitimate complaint. It's called business. They're taking a risk buying a used game off of you. Every time you look at a used game shelf, that's a pile of games that they may have only paid minimal amounts for, but may not ever sell them. It'd only be a legitimate complaint if every single used game ever bought also sold, giving them a 100% turnaround rate.

"THEY KEEP ASKING ME IF I WANT TO PREORDER s**t WHY WONT THEY LEAVE ME ALOOOOONE" is not a legitimate complaint. It is, again, called business. They want money. You may be interested in buying a video game, given that you willingly came into the store. It's no different from any company that puts advertisements on TV. In fact, it's better than that, since they can, face to face, suggest games that are coming out that you may not have known about otherwise.

"THEY SUGGESTED I NOT BUY A GAME BECAUSE IT WAS BAD THOSE BASTARDS" is not a legitimate complaint. That's what a salesman is supposed to do. Warn you about potential bad purchases and recommend what may be a better purchase. You always have the right to buy what you want, just thank them for the suggestion but say you still want it. That's what I did when the guys at my EB warned me about Damnation.

"THERE WAS A TOTAL p***k WORKING THERE" is not a legitimate complaint about Gamestop. Congratulations, you found an a*****e employee. Because those are totally limited to Gamestop, amirite? Oh wait, no, there was this one guy at Wal-mart who stopped serving me in the middle of checking out my purchases just to go help a different customer, leaving me waiting with money in hand. You'll find assholes everywhere. Know what you could do? Talk to the ******** manager. If you didn't do that, you're part of the problem, not the solution.

Couldn't have said it better my self.

Blessed Poster

Raven Prime

I don't like them for 3 reasons....prices, selection, and business practices.
Okay woah this has gone out of hand.
Where in the First Post did I say I hated Gamestop or that I wont shop there again, if you read the whole post I said I was going to another Gamestop, and I understand that its good for a salesman to express their opinion, and I know I can just say no and still buy the game heck I still did on another store, thats not the first time I had problems with that certain Gamestop, but do I hate it no, and yes I was aware of the games bad rep I do my research before I buy a game, oh and I enjoyed the game thats jus my tastes.
Raven Prime
Lost Dynamis
Raven Prime

I hate them because we don't have enough boobs and traps working there.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

m00tz
Raven Prime

I don't them for 3 reasons....prices, selection, and business practices.
As far as I've had experience, they're no more expensive than any place (barring pawn shops and such that aren't actually game retailers), they have an equal, if not better, selection than other places, and what business practices, exactly?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Diva Flea
Raven Prime
Lost Dynamis
Raven Prime

I hate them because we don't have enough boobs and traps working there.
Okay fine, first legitimate complaint ever.

Blessed Poster

Raven Prime
As far as I've had experience, they're no more expensive than any place (barring pawn shops and such that aren't actually game retailers), they have an equal, if not better, selection than other places, and what business practices, exactly?

Online and place here in town named entertainmart just has gamestop dead to rights.

Selling used as new, check out policy, the Deus Ex:HR, lack of testing, non-BBB, employee treatment (but seems to be shitty any place these days) and others so really I have issues with the corporate side of gamestop more then anything.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

m00tz
Raven Prime

Online and place here in town named entertainmart just has gamestop dead to rights.

Selling used as new, check out policy, the Deus Ex:HR, lack of testing, non-BBB, employee treatment (but seems to be shitty any place these days) and others so really I have issues with the corporate side of gamestop more then anything.
Check out policy?
Lack of testing?

Timid Member

Luna Kyu
Okay woah this has gone out of hand.
Where in the First Post did I say I hated Gamestop or that I wont shop there again, if you read the whole post I said I was going to another Gamestop, and I understand that its good for a salesman to express their opinion, and I know I can just say no and still buy the game heck I still did on another store, thats not the first time I had problems with that certain Gamestop, but do I hate it no, and yes I was aware of the games bad rep I do my research before I buy a game, oh and I enjoyed the game thats jus my tastes.

True some just assumed you hated gamestop
Well, yesterday I walked 3 friggin' hours for basicaly nothing because since they never call me, I assumed HDN MK2 was actualy out, but when I went there, noooo it was pushed back a week for ******** knows why, and it's out in the US. ******** YOU.

Other than that they're usualy okay and the guy there is pretty awesome usualy.
Raven Prime
m00tz
Raven Prime

Check out policy?
Lack of testing?
Employees are allowed to check out the display copies and play them at home, the game despite essentially being used is still sold as new once they run out of sealed copies.

Not sure what he means about lack of testing unless he does not feel they test trade ins thoroughly enough.... though to be fair in some cases I can see how it would be difficult to fully test hardware, and software could be difficult to test in a more general sense.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff