Welcome to Gaia! ::

Survivor

I've had that happen once before, but the girl actually knew what she was talking about. Legendary was -not- a good game.

Shirtless Strawberry

14,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Partygoer 500
Perhaps he was trying to start a conversation with you by sharing his opinion over the game? It doesn't have to do with the store, it has to do with the employees.

Sometimes when I am looking for a game or about to buy one, the employees come up to me for a quick chit-chat, whether they want to share their story over a game or talking about something relating to game. Either way, I enjoy the chats; makes to trip more fun to learn from others.

But that happens to almost any store that sells games (I'm not sure about Wal-Mart though).

Also, that recently had happened to me in Best Buy but it was worth it. Got a good game (Skyrim) and made a new friend. wink

Timid Gawker

Crylvia
Last time I went to Gamestop my pocket-spaghetti spilled out and I had to bail before I looked even more autistic.

Were there any meatballs.
you never came
Crylvia
Last time I went to Gamestop my pocket-spaghetti spilled out and I had to bail before I looked even more autistic.

No but the cute girl behind the counter thought he looked like a tool.
The Gamestops up here aren't called Gamestop up here, its called Ebgames but it generally has the same kind of employers though.

I don't mind if that give their own opinions but i just want to buy the damn game, i don't care if you think it sucks. neutral
Luna Kyu
So Today I headed to Gamestop to see uf they had a copy of Far Cry Vengeance, they did as i went to pay for it the guy at cash register told me not to buy it cause it was a bad game and instead told me to buy The Conduit what the ******** Gamestop your suppose to sell games ._.

Anyways I didn't buy either, there is another Gamestop i can go to lol

that's weird, gamestop employees never have a problem speaking their opinions about games XD butI've never been straight up told not to buy something. I've gotten a couple "You might not like it" but that's about it.

Timid Gawker

Spookty
you never came
Crylvia

I hate when my pocket spaghetti falls out of my pocket because then I basically have to share it.
I don't really see why that's a problem. I don't work at Gamestop, but I appreciate it when people tell me about games that I know nothing about. Granted, I do plenty of research on a game before I buy it, but a lot of people don't.

I remember a few months back, a few customers were going to buy a copy of WoW, but they had no idea that there was a monthly subscription. (though it does say so on the box) When I told them that, they quickly realized that they weren't interested.

Lonely Exhibitionist

I hate when they ask me if I want to preorder a game I couldn't give two shits about, every time I enter the premises. b***h, If I wanted to preorder that game, I would've done so.

Now I will wait for the stereotypical gamestop employee that will soon enter this thread and attempt to justify the actions of gamestop.

Fanatical Prophet

Spookty
you never came
Crylvia

Turns out, she was a bear.
Quote:
I hate when they ask me if I want to preorder a game I couldn't give two shits about, every time I enter the premises. b***h, If I wanted to preorder that game, I would've done so.
this, so much.
i try to avoid gamestop as much as possible to avoid the garbage employees trying to shove s**t down my throat.
Quote:
Now I will wait for the stereotypical gamestop employee that will soon enter this thread and attempt to justify the actions of gamestop.
this happens in every thread like this, and its hilarious every time.
Ignore them if you know your s**t, but if you're on the fence about a purchase, they're often pretty right. They were openly telling people not to buy Duke Nukem Forever at one of the stores near me, even the manager. Lo and behold, a month later it's cheaper than Halo 3.

Chatty Flatterer

so you took his advice and didnt buy the game

i dont even...

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Yotsuba_n_Kishimo

i dont even...

Well it is Far Cry Vengeance,

Fanatical Prophet

Comrade Texada Wolf
Yotsuba_n_Kishimo

i dont even...

Well it is Far Cry Vengeance,
All in all sounds like OP dodged a bullet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff