Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Lunatic

14,375 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
Normally I'll finish a game when the storyline is completed, I'll complete it 100% if the story line has gripped me enough to try and get it done.

If I haven't completed a game it's because I've either got bored of it halfway or I've bought another game and got myself emerged in that instead of the one I've been playing.

Graphics don't really matter to me, it's about gameplay.

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
XBalmung
Tons of required grinding or farming makes me say ******** this s**t.[/quote

yup some hardcore game test dedication and apparently thinks this type of farming is suppose increase the play-time ultimately making the game downright atrocious

Anxious Lover

11,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Well, I just need to stay interested in the plot and the game play of said game. If the game doesn't have both at the point I'm playing it, I usually drop the game for a month and come back. This cycle continues and leaves games unfinished.

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
Forbidden Oasis
Well, I just need to stay interested in the plot and the game play of said game. If the game doesn't have both at the point I'm playing it, I usually drop the game for a month and come back. This cycle continues and leaves games unfinished.

interesting fact! mrgreen
Good storyline always makes me finish.

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
ARepoMansDaughter
Good storyline always makes me finish.

nice same here
I totally agree with you on finishing a game means doing ALL the things it has to offer, other people do not agree with that haha but I want to finish the game Catherine because I really want to see the ending and it's an awesome game but the puzzles can be quite difficult

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
Princess Natei
I totally agree with you on finishing a game means doing ALL the things it has to offer, other people do not agree with that haha but I want to finish the game Catherine because I really want to see the ending and it's an awesome game but the puzzles can be quite difficult

Oh yeah Catherine story is pretty unique! A lot of surprising twist in the story! Good luck! xd

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Excessive monotony and obvious length-padding. I'm ashamed to admit it, but the only reason I haven't gotten around to actually finishing Wind Waker (WIND WAKER, of all things) is because of the accursed Triforce-hunting. Like, really? REALLY? You're interrupting my dungeoning (that is TOTALLY a real verb now) to make me repeatedly pay Tingle excessive amounts of money for maps?

Very rarely, I'll stop playing a game - although this is usually only an extended break - when I can't stand the direction that the story is going in, or the characters annoy me to the point where I don't give a crap how it turns out, even if it would otherwise be a fantastic tale. I won't name names with this one, but...

"Ohai, girl I just met! I'm totally gonna risk my life for you, because we're the last people on the planet Earth! That's reasonable motivation to begin with, isn't it? I mean, it's either that, or go insane and start talking to myself."

"HI! I'm an infinitely more interesting and lovable character with a past that the player probably wants to explore more!"

"Awesome! Let's ship-tease with an adorable kiss and go our separate ways, promising to meet again sometime!"

"Okay, but can I just give you this ring right here? We need to have about 20% more ship tease, sooooo..."

"That sounds great. See you later!"

***LATER***

"OOPS I DIED."

"...Well, that first girl is still interesting, right?"

"Hi. I'm Generic McBoring Girl with literally no given background. Every piece of game art shows us as the obvious official couple. Also I'm whimsical and sing sometimes."

"...Please excuse me while I go find Mr. Ship-Tease and bring him back to the dead with the numerous batteries and spare parts located all over the freaking place."

*credits roll*

I stopped playing shortly after he died, but I watched the rest. Needless to say, I simply pretend that the protagonist was like, "Screw that noise!" shortly after he met Mr. Ship-Tease and ran off into the sunset, leaving Generic McBoring to fend for herself.

Right now I may be on the brink of another extended hiatus, as the main character of the game I'm currently playing has made such a mind-numbingly stupid decision that I simply cannot take him seriously anymore. I'd be more than happy to pretend that this plot-irrelevant little story didn't happen at all, but he's been moaning and groaning about it for the past hour (real time), and I'm getting sick of listening to it.

Man-Hungry Fatcat

When the game, for some reason, randomly deletes my previous save history and I have to start back from the beginning.
skyryo
Princess Natei

Oh yeah Catherine story is pretty unique! A lot of surprising twist in the story! Good luck! xd

You're right about that hahah & thanks biggrin

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
Ringoringa
Excessive monotony and obvious length-padding. I'm ashamed to admit it, but the only reason I haven't gotten around to actually finishing Wind Waker (WIND WAKER, of all things) is because of the accursed Triforce-hunting. Like, really? REALLY? You're interrupting my dungeoning (that is TOTALLY a real verb now) to make me repeatedly pay Tingle excessive amounts of money for maps?

Very rarely, I'll stop playing a game - although this is usually only an extended break - when I can't stand the direction that the story is going in, or the characters annoy me to the point where I don't give a crap how it turns out, even if it would otherwise be a fantastic tale. I won't name names with this one, but...

"Ohai, girl I just met! I'm totally gonna risk my life for you, because we're the last people on the planet Earth! That's reasonable motivation to begin with, isn't it? I mean, it's either that, or go insane and start talking to myself."

"HI! I'm an infinitely more interesting and lovable character with a past that the player probably wants to explore more!"

"Awesome! Let's ship-tease with an adorable kiss and go our separate ways, promising to meet again sometime!"

"Okay, but can I just give you this ring right here? We need to have about 20% more ship tease, sooooo..."

"That sounds great. See you later!"

***LATER***

"OOPS I DIED."

"...Well, that first girl is still interesting, right?"

"Hi. I'm Generic McBoring Girl with literally no given background. Every piece of game art shows us as the obvious official couple. Also I'm whimsical and sing sometimes."

"...Please excuse me while I go find Mr. Ship-Tease and bring him back to the dead with the numerous batteries and spare parts located all over the freaking place."

*credits roll*

I stopped playing shortly after he died, but I watched the rest. Needless to say, I simply pretend that the protagonist was like, "Screw that noise!" shortly after he met Mr. Ship-Tease and ran off into the sunset, leaving Generic McBoring to fend for herself.

Right now I may be on the brink of another extended hiatus, as the main character of the game I'm currently playing has made such a mind-numbingly stupid decision that I simply cannot take him seriously anymore. I'd be more than happy to pretend that this plot-irrelevant little story didn't happen at all, but he's been moaning and groaning about it for the past hour (real time), and I'm getting sick of listening to it.

I see likable characters and a good enough story for you to care about. =]

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
pantiesss
When the game, for some reason, randomly deletes my previous save history and I have to start back from the beginning.

woah what? what game did that? that's really weird!

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I usually try to finish every game I play even if a few of them are horrible. I just want to finish what I started.

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
Ping of Death
I usually try to finish every game I play even if a few of them are horrible. I just want to finish what I started.

Which reminds me I need to finish Spectral Souls, despite the worst loading time in gaming history. confused Man it's gonna be a tough journey of beating a RPG crying

I like your mindset. It's like facing a real challenge like how AVGN beats bad game and review about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff