Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gatekeeper

11,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200

I keep hearing it was a failed system, but imo it had great games. Metroid Prime, Mariokart Double Dash, Melee, etc. I still play it frequently.

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Really comfy controller, cute design, great graphics, but so very few games. But the few games it had were of high quality.
Lost Dynamis
I think the GameCube was the best thing they did since the SNES.

GameCube, despite it lacking in power compared to everything else, still made the games look great. RE4 looked so much better on the GC than it did on the PS2, for example.

It's a very underrated console and I think it's only as looked down on because it had the displeasure of being out the same time as the monster known as PS2. Nothing could compete with that.

Uh, the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2.

In fact, the PS2 was the weakest of the three.
Tellurical Tempestro
Lost Dynamis
I think the GameCube was the best thing they did since the SNES.

GameCube, despite it lacking in power compared to everything else, still made the games look great. RE4 looked so much better on the GC than it did on the PS2, for example.

It's a very underrated console and I think it's only as looked down on because it had the displeasure of being out the same time as the monster known as PS2. Nothing could compete with that.

Uh, the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2.

In fact, the PS2 was the weakest of the three.

Hm. True.

It's been a while.

Beloved Prophet

11,150 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Generous 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
The sound of this wind...

...feeling heart...
~☆~

I had a game cube. I miss it a lot. It broke a few years ago.
I had sooo many games for it: harvest moon, animal crossing, luigi's mansion.... good times.

~☆~
...you don't have to cry anymore...

...just stay as you are, ah my sweetest love~

Kawaii Shoujo

I still remember when I had one, I really enjoyed playing my games on it both the GameCube games and GBA games on it( I had the Game Boy Player), and unfortunately it bit the dust on me crying . However that year I had gotten a Nintendo Wii from my parents so I could play my beloved GameCube games once again, and needless to say that I was amazed at how the graphics looked more clear on the Wii than the GameCube.
Errantum
Tellurical Tempestro

It may have been weaker in terms of power but its selection of quality games is far greater.

That goes without saying.

PS2 remains dethroned by any other console in that regard.
Errantum
Tellurical Tempestro

The GameCube certainly had some nice titles though. A shame Nintendo relies solely on their flagship characters these days to push their consoles.

Yeah its certainly my favorite Nintendo console. They deserved far more success with that machine than what they got. It didn't deserve to be crushed in sales like it was.
Errantum
Tellurical Tempestro

Was it? I had no idea. I actually thought the GameCube was wildly successful. Then again, I might be confusing that with the Wii. Either way, before they started thinking of cheap gimmicks to draw simple-minded folks in, I actually had some respect for Nintendo.

Yeah it sold around 20mil to Sony's 150mil

Even Microsoft outsold it.

The Wii turned that around, but it didn't beat out the competition like Sony did the previous generation. It was a blowout.

And Nintendo is surely regretting their strategy with the Wii U at this point, especially since it's being outsold by the PS4 already.
I still play my Gamecube all the time. It's a surprisingly sturdy old system, outlived my PS2 and even two XBox 360s.
the Cube did well during its time.
there were times when i wish i had one. and then nintendo suddenly announced and released the wii. xp
Zeo-san
GameCube is one of the best gaming consoles along with Nintendo 64, and PS1/PS3 in my opinion.

I didn't really like what they're doing with Wii, and it was when Nintendo pretty much killed the best Nintendo era.
Wii U is gamecube #2.

It's not selling well despite the great games.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff