Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tell me about your favorite gaming era and your favorite console, and if you want, What do you think about the modern consoles?

In my opinion the best time to be a gamer was either the nintendo vs sega era, or the time when the playstation was released. Nintendo was my first (I called it the Family computer for some reason) console but i never really got to the sNES, some of my friends had the sega console and we kept debating about stuff I don't remember. I had the NES for around 3 years until the playstation was released. (I got these consoles pretty late) I asked my mom if I can be a more modern-ish kid and have the most updated console, so on my 5th birthday I got the PSone. And it has been the best console I ever had to this day, I was stupid and threw it out the moment I got the PS2 which was a good console but I just loved the feel on PSone better. It had games that are now classic and still talked about today. My favorite games were Resident evil 2-3 (never really played the first one), Bust a move 1-2, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Dragon valor, Smackdown 2: Know your Role, and so on.

Today's modern consoles are nice and has libraries of very cool looking games, but I miss the times when people didn't really care about graphics and more about the game play. There are a few games that have good graphics and outstanding game play in my opinion. And I'm not really a Nostalgia freak, I do play Ps3 games with my friends X box 360 games with my dad. But I don't really own any modern console. My dad shares HIS X box, other than that I have the computer.
so yea If you read this far, Please tell me your favorite console and what you think about modern consoles. thnx for reading smile
First console was the n64, went back and got the nes, snes, genisis, saturn, etc. later on. Every console ive owned was bought new at retail price, $200 for a playstation lol? Excluding all the retro consoles before the n64 of course. Have well over 20 consoles at the time being, scattered all over the house, duplicates of a few as well. PC costed roughly $2000 all for the purpose of gaming haha. As for modern consoles, i have 3 360s, a ps3, and a wii. Xbox being my favorite console up to this point, while snes takes the title for my favorite retro.
MoC Gaming
First console was the n64, went back and got the nes, snes, genisis, saturn, etc. later on. Every console ive owned was bought new at retail price, $200 for a playstation lol? Excluding all the retro consoles before the n64 of course. Have well over 20 consoles at the time being, scattered all over the house, duplicates of a few as well. PC costed roughly $2000 all for the purpose of gaming haha. As for modern consoles, i have 3 360s, a ps3, and a wii. Xbox being my favorite console up to this point, while snes takes the title for my favorite retro.

wow you're what I call a true gamer.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWee yea ra enne ar sar. Wee yea ra enne ar dor
Wee yea ra enne ar ciel. Rrha yea ra ieeya en near

My first console was a NES. I started playing Super Mario Bros. when I was like 4 or 5.

I grew up on the classics, but I prefer what i have right now. I've got a PS2, PS3 and a cheap computer that I've done some upgrading to, but it does everything I could want for now.

I have considered getting into modding old consoles though. It looks like a lot of fun.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
chaotic hybrid
Today's modern consoles are nice and has libraries of very cool looking games, but I miss the times when people didn't really care about graphics and more about the game play. There are a few games that have good graphics and outstanding game play in my opinion.

Yeah....you know that thing you were arguing with your friends about during the SNES and Genesis era?

That was probably the graphics. Because we were all about Mode 6 and the Blast Processing.

People cared about graphics back then too. You may not have noticed it, but we'd use anything to say our system was better than our friend's, unless you were like me and owned both @_@
I loved the 16 bit era and my favorite console/add-on was the sega cd.

When i got the snes and went to a flee market, i saw a hel of lot of games i wanted: The kirby games, bomberman, Lemmings 2, a link to the past, to just name a few. i didnt get all the games sadly cuz of my lack of money : ( but for my bday (11) i got bomberman and lemmings 2 (though the original is better) . I loved the sega cd because of the music and the loading screen at the beginging sweatdrop . my dad owned the sega cd and he only had 2 games. Sonic CD, and Silpheed. Sadly the console broke. the sega cd is the reason why sonic cd is my favorite sonic game of all time.

I like modern systems, i have alll 3 and the ps2. my favorite thing is the online store so i can buy some of the classics like mario and sonic. I didnt have many games back then sad . At least we have Amazon today smile
Mir Teiwaz

My first console was a NES. I started playing Super Mario Bros. when I was like 4 or 5.

I grew up on the classics, but I prefer what i have right now. I've got a PS2, PS3 and a cheap computer that I've done some upgrading to, but it does everything I could want for now.

I have considered getting into modding old consoles though. It looks like a lot of fun.

Depends on what you are doing and what you are interested in but it usually turns out to be once you start you can never stop.

Conservative Gaian

I've owned various different consoles throughout the years, NES, Sega Genesis, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, GBA SP, N64, gamecube, Playstation, PS2, DS Lite, DSi, and...I think that's it.

Out of all of them, I think the DSi is my favorite. I like the way it's built, with the power button on the inside, and DS games seem to be some of my favorites. After my DS, however, I'd have to say either N64 or Sega would be my next favorites. I loved a lot of the games that came out on them as a kid, and still love most of them today.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Disconsented
Depends on what you are doing and what you are interested in but it usually turns out to be once you start you can never stop.

It also requires a small bit of money to get started, as I don't possess most of the items I'd need.

Shameless Exhibitionist

User Image

The PS2 beat everything, before and after.

User Image
Mir Teiwaz
Disconsented

It also requires a small bit of money to get started, as I don't possess most of the items I'd need.

Depends on what sort of modding.
Example modding DVD drives, didn't cost me a dime as I just used the sata from my desktops DVD drive.

Cultist

Thus far? The PS3.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Mir Teiwaz
chaotic hybrid
Today's modern consoles are nice and has libraries of very cool looking games, but I miss the times when people didn't really care about graphics and more about the game play. There are a few games that have good graphics and outstanding game play in my opinion.

Yeah....you know that thing you were arguing with your friends about during the SNES and Genesis era?

That was probably the graphics. Because we were all about Mode 6 and the Blast Processing.

People cared about graphics back then too. You may not have noticed it, but we'd use anything to say our system was better than our friend's, unless you were like me and owned both @_@
>implying they were actually alive when those advertisements were relevant

Oh you.

I still keep those advertisements for Intellivision games on file for when people think that graphics emphasis is something recent.

Like so:
User Image

BRILLIANT COLORS AND SPECIAL EFFECTS SO REALISTIC THEY APPEAR 3D!

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Disconsented
Mir Teiwaz
Disconsented

Depends on what sort of modding.
Example modding DVD drives, didn't cost me a dime as I just used the sata from my desktops DVD drive.

Adding S-video, composite video and audio jacks to the back of a model 1 genesis >_>

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Raven Prime
>implying they were actually alive when those advertisements were relevant

Oh you.

I still keep those advertisements for Intellivision games on file for when people think that graphics emphasis is something recent.

Like so:
User Image

BRILLIANT COLORS AND SPECIAL EFFECTS SO REALISTIC THEY APPEAR 3D!

Yeah, they probably weren't around, which is probably why they think it was such a 'golden time' of gaming.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff