Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you like most in a game?

Graphics. I like em pretty like my spouse 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 14 ]
Gameplay. I can get a story anywhere 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 14 ]
Story. With a glass of milk on my night stand 0.15873015873016 15.9% [ 10 ]
Adventure. I love seeing something new 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 7 ]
Zombies/vampires. Because at night I feel like one 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Puzzles. My brain cells are precious to me 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Horror. Nothing creates brown stains like a horror game 0.015873015873016 1.6% [ 1 ]
Action. Punch kick upper cut! 0.031746031746032 3.2% [ 2 ]
Role playing. I love the sense of accomplishment 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 9 ]
Simulation/other. Because I like being different 0.095238095238095 9.5% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 63 ]
1 2 3 >

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Overstocked 200
So what is it that draws you into a game?
What is it that has you come back for another play through?

Please take the time to vote and posting is definitely allowed whether its discussion or because I didn't include your reason smile

Ps: I like gameplay myself. It's what I grew up on during the dream cast and ps1 days. Also it's only a video game that can provide such an interactive experience. If I want a story or something pretty I'll go to something that can't live without it like a movie

Dedicated Loiterer

It's a mix of things. I honestly don't give a quarter of a s**t about graphics or music.
I like a decent story line and a fairly open world. I love sandbox games.
It also has to have good characters, and I like leveling systems as opposed to just getting better weapons.

Chatty Fatcat

10,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Big Tipper 100
A good game has story and is immerse. If you don't have anything then you have a game not worth playing. I played plenty of games that had shitty graphics or not so great game play, but in the end if it had a good story it was worth it in end for me. I know people rave about graphics being important, but if you grew up playing 2D games like me, that kind of thing just ads to the fun. The thing most people don't get is that games are meant to be fun before anything else.
Definitely gameplay, with story being a close second

If the game isn't fun, I'm not playing it. Good story, graphics, etc are just bonuses

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Story and flashy gameplay are easy sells on me, but I dont take too many chances on buying random games anyway.

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
Story heart
The gameplay can be horrible, and the graphics can hurt my eyes but if the story is amazing I can go through it and still love it 3nodding

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWee yea ra enne ar sar. Wee yea ra enne ar dor
Wee yea ra enne ar ciel. Rrha yea ra ieeya en near

Story, gameplay and incentives to replay the game are all important to me.

Music is another big one. Amazing music can make me want to buy a game I may have otherwise looked over completely. Or at least make me pick up the soundtrack.

Aged Gawker

It has to be gameplay. I could care less about graphics. I grew up playing 8-bit and 16-bit games. So "new" graphics to me is pointless if not a waste of time and money. Gameplay and story normally draws me in. Mostly gameplay though. And most of the time it has to be an RPG, or a hack n slash of some sort that is unique Most games are so identical now a days it's ridiculous.
I'm incredibly picky with "new" games. New as in anything from early 2000s up til now.

Rhine Elmao's Waifu

Extreme Garbage

Gameplay, usually.
It's the sole reason why I've played through Vanquish a million times.
... It's going to be hard for anyone to beat the mechanics of that game. rofl

Characters and story come in as a close second, however. I wouldn't consider something like Hotel Dusk to be too exciting to play, but the characters and story are amazing and it's more than enough to keep me glued to it.

You can't have a story without believable characters and you need believable characters for a good story. Hence the tie. One without the other is pretty crappy. xD

Blessed Nerd

I like a sense of finding something spectacular. I like to be blown away when I stumble into a new area and have to say out loud, "That's beautiful!"

I like characters I can fall in love with and want to hang out with. Characters that come alive so much that I wish they were such. Essentially, cute and playful characters I can obsess over (Pikmin are an example of this).

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
have to say 3 things. Gameplay, Story, and definately Post Game data. If a game has nothing to do after you beat it except restart it or beat the final boss a million times, it's usually boring unless it's got a good story you can enjoy over an dover again. I especially like games where the story changes depending on what you do, though those are hard to coem by. anyhting with good online or things to do even after the game is won while still having a good story is in my book a good game.

Rainbow Unicorn

The gameplay-controls. I mean games like FF XII: renevant wings(for nds) makes me go like; emotion_puke or something. seriously, that game was horrible emotion_donotwant

then I'm not a cutscene person so for my sake they can skip them...

Disaster Femme's Husband

I like to see and experience the obvious things that go into every game (music, gameplay, etc.) So since that answer would be redundant...

Creativity and freedom are what hooks me into games over and over for years. If I can create something, customize it, express my creativity in it, I find few reasons to put it down. For example, I still play Forza 1 and 2 because of my paint jobs in them.

And because I like freedom, I love sandbox gameplay and freeroaming.
I literally have too many reasons for liking a game. But then I also have plenty of reasons for disliking a game. I'm more prone to liking a role-playing game but I also can love games that don't involve role-playing. I am biased about graphics now so I don't play PS1 games that much anymore cry
But I love a good soundtrack and if a game has a great soundtrack (like FF, Heavy Rain, Kingdom Hearts, Heavenly Sword) I'll be more likely to play it.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
1Sunder
It has to be gameplay. I could care less about graphics. I grew up playing 8-bit and 16-bit games. So "new" graphics to me is pointless if not a waste of time and money. Gameplay and story normally draws me in. Mostly gameplay though. And most of the time it has to be an RPG, or a hack n slash of some sort that is unique Most games are so identical now a days it's ridiculous.
I'm incredibly picky with "new" games. New as in anything from early 2000s up til now.
User ImageWee yea ra enne ar sar. Wee yea ra enne ar dor
Wee yea ra enne ar ciel. Rrha yea ra ieeya en near

So you do care. I knew you weren't heartless.

Also, I believe we cared more about graphics way back when than we did anything else. You may not have compared graphics between the Genesis and the SNES, but your brain did.

The Genesis was better, by the way

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces