Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Phantom

7,000 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hello Gaia <3 it's been a while......

Ok, so since ZOMG was mercilessly slain I have been inspired to get off my arse and teach myself to make videogames. I have been tirelessly ferreting away at teaching myself how to program for Unity, and I'm having good results. The main project I'm working on at the moment is this spooky kawaii dungeon game, and when its finished (which will hopefully be at the end of march) it will be available to play for free in a browser on mac and windows as well as installs for mac, win, linux and android.

Now i know it's nowhere near as good and professinonal as some games you might pay money for, but hey I'm only learning. Give me another year or two and ill be making AWESOME games.

But anyway, so I'm looking for a few good Gaians who would like to help me simply by playtesting the game and pointing out any bugs you see, or even any suggestions for this or other games i might develop. All playtesters will be credited in the final game <3

Please note that this current version is for mac and windows browser only, and you may need to install the Unity player (like flash player, but a million times better) if you dont already have it installed. But Unity player is nice and small and secure, and rapidly becoming one of the industry standards for Games Development.

So then HERE IS THE LINK TO PLAY THE GAME. Please enjoy, and either post here or PM me any thoughts you have about it, or any bugs you spot or whatever.

CONTROLS:
"WASD" or arrow keys to move Unity-Chan.
"Space" to jump or skip menus
"Ctrl" to melee attack
"Alt" to magic attack

Thank you all in advance <3

Garbage Lover

22,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
Slow loading but yeah-- the screenshots are looking pretty good. o3o

Original Shapeshifter

8,475 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Emmanuelle Eldritch

You have a lot of work to put into this still. But so far, it's not half bad at all. It's definitely a few notches above the typical beginning-developers' pet project. Your confidence will help you make it better unless you let yourself get behind.

If anything, all the game would really need is a polish. A polished, good but short game is worth a lot more than a long-a**, boring game.

Vicious Phantom

7,000 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
kyohei hyuuga
Slow loading but yeah-- the screenshots are looking pretty good. o3o

Thanks pal <3 the slow load is in part down to my crappy free host, and also its compiling stuff im not actually using, this will be cleaned up over time. Definitely need a new host lol

Melancholy_Of_Toxic
Emmanuelle Eldritch

You have a lot of work to put into this still. But so far, it's not half bad at all. It's definitely a few notches above the typical beginning-developers' pet project. Your confidence will help you make it better unless you let yourself get behind.

If anything, all the game would really need is a polish. A polished, good but short game is worth a lot more than a long-a**, boring game.

And thank you too pal <3

Yeah, it's definitely going to be a long slog, but i'm well up for it. the results im showing you are from less than 3 weeks work.
And i totally agree, it's all too easy to get bogged down with inspiration and ideas, which leads to making all kinds of weird and wonderful features etc for a game project. But by and large the more simplistic games do better, and as a gamer i know what its like when games add too many features and not enough fun, i'm trying hard to steer clear of that trap.

Thanks again tho guys. I'll be posting updates pretty much daily so keep your eyes peeled.

Original Shapeshifter

8,475 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Emmanuelle Eldritch

On a note, I think UnityChan runs WAY too fast considering her slow turn speed. It would be less difficult to control if her speed was reduced a notch or two. But personally, I'm not worried about what you have planned for the game. I can see you know what you're doing.

Vicious Phantom

7,000 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
Melancholy_Of_Toxic
Emmanuelle Eldritch

On a note, I think UnityChan runs WAY too fast considering her slow turn speed. It would be less difficult to control if her speed was reduced a notch or two. But personally, I'm not worried about what you have planned for the game. I can see you know what you're doing.

Thanks man, ill have a fiddle with that later and see how it goes, try and see if modifying her speed when turning helps.

most of her problems will be solved i think by a better 3rd person camera script. i need to look into different ways to move/switch the camera, it has a tendency to get blocked by walls if youre too close.

Thanks again tho pal <3

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

Initial thoughts:

If there's a way to have mouse look, please for the love of the goddess get it in there.

Second, your doors don't have collision detection. I walked right through them without a key. I even walked right through one and out into nothingness.

EDIT: Your walls need some kind of collision for the camera. There are a lot of spots where I can't see what's going on because the camera clipped past a wall.

Enemies need to reset when you die.

Vicious Phantom

7,000 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
Mir Teiwaz
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

Initial thoughts:

If there's a way to have mouse look, please for the love of the goddess get it in there.

Second, your doors don't have collision detection. I walked right through them without a key. I even walked right through one and out into nothingness.

EDIT: Your walls need some kind of collision for the camera. There are a lot of spots where I can't see what's going on because the camera clipped past a wall.

Enemies need to reset when you die.

Im not sure whats happened with the doors, they were fine yesterday. imma have to backtrack and work it out. thanks <3

Mouselook is has so far proven to be a pain in the arse, but only cos im a noob. its on its way in soon i promise.

And yes, the 3rd person camera script is giving me some trouble too. i have a few things i'd like to try, it all depends on how i can detect if the camera has line of sight to the player.

Thanks for all this help peeps <3

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Wishing you luck on this one.
It doesn't look like it'll become a mega hit or anything,but it's still a lot better, even in just this Alpha stage, than some indies I could mention, so keep at it.

Vicious Phantom

7,000 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
smashbrolink
Wishing you luck on this one.
It doesn't look like it'll become a mega hit or anything,but it's still a lot better, even in just this Alpha stage, than some indies I could mention, so keep at it.

Thanks pal. No, the aim of this project isnt to make anything groundbreaking, im just learning the engine and the script.

Eventually, i aim to make an MMORPG, but thats in the future, i need to walk before i can run,

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff