Bertrand (Protector) 0.19047619047619 19.0% [ 4 ]
Chloe (War Magus) 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Kawaii Pyromaniac

Closed, new thread coming soon. here.

Kawaii Pyromaniac

Questionable Creature

Once it's in America, as awesome it looks, I'll probably hold off on buying it. The games are so challenging I'm still only in the first half of the first Untold and IV, lol.

Kawaii Pyromaniac

Naya Merai
Once it's in America, as awesome it looks, I'll probably hold off on buying it. The games are so challenging I'm still only in the first half of the first Untold and IV, lol.
I think given the release dates between Japan and here for the first remake, we should probably get it next March/April, so you'll have plenty of time. Me, I still need to get through the classic mode in Untold and the postgame labyrinth in EO4.
I'm looking forward to it a lot, but I'm wary of the pricing. Atlus has been overcharging for their 3DS games recently, though The Millennium Girl wasn't hit by that, so maybe this will avoid that as well.

Hopefully it's as hard as the second game was for me. At the least, not being as laughably easy as IV would be nice.
Quote:
Atlus has been overcharging for their 3DS games recently.

How much is "overcharging"?

If we're talking about when they come to retail then that's "MSRP" Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (Varies by store) shown at bottom. If that's what you're talking about (and not digitally) then it's not exactly Atlus having a hand in it.

It doesn't necessarily mean that retail stores have to follow it however.

The highest I've ever seen a 3DS game go is $40 when I've seen them in stores. On rare occasions, they tend to be even cheaper and only go for $30. Either way, If they're following the MSRP then it's usually what the manufacturer had it suggested at, and if they aren't, then it varies by store.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
o0o00o very interested. looks interesting. having said that, I have yet to finish ET04 so yeah, gotta get to that. Im quite deep in but at my point its just grind grind grind.

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
MUCKDILE RETURNS TO EAT CHILDREN'S DREAMS AND FROLIC ALL OVER ME, YESSSSSSSSS!

This is exciting stuff, EO2 was by far my favourite, although I hope they don't make Story mode mandatory to get 100% like they did in the first one. I'm listening to the music right now, and while I'll forever like the DS version more, I must say the first stratum's theme sounds glorious, can't say too much about the battle theme, it sort of sounds like generic 3DS EO battle music IMO. sweatdrop

Can't wait to hear Cherry Tree Bridge and Vast Lands Expanding in the North, they were my two favourite pieces in EO2 DS!
No Etrian Odyssey 5?

I'm not much of EO2 fan but I'll give the game another chance on the 3ds. I may even enjoy it more since a princess class is in the game.

I hope that Atlus will make a remake of EO3. I love that one.
La Dame Lut
I can't say I'm too happy with the story mode class setup either; there's no elemental damage at all unless they retooled the War Magus class or it brings in the subclasses from EO4 as opposed to the god-awful Grimoire Stones from the first remake.
Maybe the protagonist will be an elemental demon or something.

Also, the princess has the elemental weapon skills. I hope Regal Radiance is not as powerful as the ds version of EO3.

Kawaii Pyromaniac

Akaru Renuji
Quote:
Atlus has been overcharging for their 3DS games recently.

How much is "overcharging"?

If we're talking about when they come to retail then that's "MSRP" Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (Varies by store) shown at bottom. If that's what you're talking about (and not digitally) then it's not exactly Atlus having a hand in it.

It doesn't necessarily mean that retail stores have to follow it however.

The highest I've ever seen a 3DS game go is $40 when I've seen them in stores. On rare occasions, they tend to be even cheaper and only go for $30. Either way, If they're following the MSRP then it's usually what the manufacturer had it suggested at, and if they aren't, then it varies by store.
The two that come to mind are SMT IV was $50 at launch (and I think that did include all the goodies) and Persona Q will be $50 when it comes out ($70 for all the goodies). Other than that, I haven't seen anything above $40.

Kawaii Pyromaniac

The Lolwut Pear
MUCKDILE RETURNS TO EAT CHILDREN'S DREAMS AND FROLIC ALL OVER ME, YESSSSSSSSS!

This is exciting stuff, EO2 was by far my favourite, although I hope they don't make Story mode mandatory to get 100% like they did in the first one. I'm listening to the music right now, and while I'll forever like the DS version more, I must say the first stratum's theme sounds glorious, can't say too much about the battle theme, it sort of sounds like generic 3DS EO battle music IMO. sweatdrop

Can't wait to hear Cherry Tree Bridge and Vast Lands Expanding in the North, they were my two favourite pieces in EO2 DS!
I swear to god, if they bring back ambushes at the take points I might scream. I don't know how many times I died to Rafflesias dropping on me in the first stratum. -_-

Kawaii Pyromaniac

NOSNORONSON
La Dame Lut
I can't say I'm too happy with the story mode class setup either; there's no elemental damage at all unless they retooled the War Magus class or it brings in the subclasses from EO4 as opposed to the god-awful Grimoire Stones from the first remake.

Also, the princess has the elemental weapon skills. I hope Regal Radiance is not as powerful as the ds version of EO3.
At the very least, I can halt my search for EO3 for now; I can't find a decently-price copy. Although I did buy a copy of EO2 for $22 a few months ago, so I'm kicking myself over this now.
But I would much rather have subclasses. And a more useful War Magus.

Edit: And to answer your first post, I kind of hope he does, if only for something different. As it stands, it looks like three front row attackers (four if Chloe's skillset is built that way) and possibly only one back row. I support having a more magic-based protagonist, though I still find the Highlander class to be one of my all time favorites.

Also, one of the party members in EOU3 should be a loli ninja.
La Dame Lut
NOSNORONSON
La Dame Lut

At the very least, I can halt my search for EO3 for now; I can't find a decently-price copy. Although I did buy a copy of EO2 for $22 a few months ago, so I'm kicking myself over this now.
But I would much rather have subclasses. And a more useful War Magus.

Edit: And to answer your first post, I kind of hope he does, if only for something different. As it stands, it looks like three front row attackers (four if Chloe's skillset is built that way) and possibly only one back row. I support having a more magic-based protagonist, though I still find the Highlander class to be one of my all time favorites.

Also, one of the party members in EOU3 should be a loli ninja.
I doubt there will be subclass since it wasn't in the ds version. Hopefully they'll do a better job with the grimoire stones. I can see why the princess was added since the party seems to be physically based. It would be a bummer if they're OP.

I think Bertrand is going to be my favorite like Raquna. I really like protectors for some reason. He seems like a slacker who may also have a tragic past.
La Dame Lut

If it's coming with (extra stuff) then I wouldn't classify that as overcharging. Unless it's been proven that the stuff that it comes with isn't worth the extra money put down.

I purchased the YS: Memories Of Celceta Silver Anniversary Edition for 50$ on the PS Vita and that included everything plus the goodies.

It wouldn't even surprise me if a regular Nintendo 3DS game can go as high as $50 or more just like the PS Vita's games can.

Even then, it's still MSRP and that varies by store and the developer/manufacturer doesn't really have a say in the matter.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff