Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nuglord's Partner

Super Poster

Bubsy
Grevioux
Bubsy
Grevioux
Bubsy
Its a menu based game that just so happens to come with a very pretty screen saver of outer space.

I say only play it if you have a very high amount of patience and absolutely adore Sci-Fi things and space ships. Otherwise you will be very, very disappointed.

I would play it if they streamline it a bit more, in its current state it feels like an ancient MMO with a very very heavy coat of amazing graphics.

IN fact, that is probably the only thing that really impressed me about it was the brilliant graphic design. Really shows the true power of PC games.

Everybody has to at least try it once.

someone never left hisec lol

Oh you got me! emotion_awesome

I am serious though, the game needs an overhaul.

not really

If you are attempting to argue from the standpoint that the game in its current state makes it what it is, then I could understand.

To me the interface is much too obtuse than it needs to be. As such, it either packs too much relevant information in a small space, or packs an insanely small amount of irrelevant info in a large area. It stems from the same problem that Blender 3D has. Its either a different design philosophy or its just bad design, I can't tell.

I am not trying to be overtly negative about the game, I actually find it to be a wonderful example of the power of PC games. Yeah I could play it, but what I want out of a Sci-Fi MMORPG is not going to be in EVE Online.

the game in its current state does make it what it is
im not sure what you're talking about in regards to the information stuff... are you talking about the user interface? ive never had any problems with it, you just need to know how to make it work for you

what kind of examples do you think need to be overhauled? i think what you're getting at is that there needs to be something like star wars starfighter as an mmo

Nuglord's Partner

Super Poster

Comrade Texada Wolf
Grevioux

1. eve is not a game where you can go after capitals in a rifter on day 2 and make it out alive

EVE is not a game about making it out alive

https://kb.pleaseignore.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=311874

Evian Drinker a day old player killed 3 Strategic Cruisers in a "shitty little frigate" by tackling them.

also

Quote:
those who do fly hulks/mission successfully are probably characters made sometime before 2008-2009

You think you need to be able to fly caps well before you can mine or do missions successfully?

Really?

i see you just skimmed idea

Quote:

if you join a STRONG (and by strong i mean a fleet with other capitals/supercapitals and act as a tackler) fleet, you can possibly get on some killmails by using aggressive modules on enemy ships even if you're in a shitty little frigate

the point i was getting at with the exhumers thing is that it's probably not worth investing your first 4 months or however long it takes to get to hulk or a decent missioner ship (especially if you desire lowsec/null) because at that point, your support skills are very weak, and it's much easier for you to be killed, and since you're a newer character, much harder to recover from losing a 300mil+ hull.

its just not worth going for pve right away unless you want to risk everything you've earned or have enough money to blow on plex to sell rofl

also what do caps have to do with anything

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Grevioux
Bubsy
Grevioux
Bubsy
Grevioux
Bubsy
Its a menu based game that just so happens to come with a very pretty screen saver of outer space.

I say only play it if you have a very high amount of patience and absolutely adore Sci-Fi things and space ships. Otherwise you will be very, very disappointed.

I would play it if they streamline it a bit more, in its current state it feels like an ancient MMO with a very very heavy coat of amazing graphics.

IN fact, that is probably the only thing that really impressed me about it was the brilliant graphic design. Really shows the true power of PC games.

Everybody has to at least try it once.

someone never left hisec lol

not really

If you are attempting to argue from the standpoint that the game in its current state makes it what it is, then I could understand.

To me the interface is much too obtuse than it needs to be. As such, it either packs too much relevant information in a small space, or packs an insanely small amount of irrelevant info in a large area. It stems from the same problem that Blender 3D has. Its either a different design philosophy or its just bad design, I can't tell.

I am not trying to be overtly negative about the game, I actually find it to be a wonderful example of the power of PC games. Yeah I could play it, but what I want out of a Sci-Fi MMORPG is not going to be in EVE Online.

im not sure what you're talking about in regards to the information stuff... are you talking about the user interface? ive never had any problems with it, you just need to know how to make it work for you

what kind of examples do you think need to be overhauled? i think what you're getting at is that there needs to be something like star wars starfighter as an mmo

I already mentioned that it crams too much important info into small spaces, whereas irrelevant info is the most obvious.
Bubsy
Grevioux
Bubsy
Grevioux
Bubsy

not really

I already mentioned that it crams too much important info into small spaces, whereas irrelevant info is the most obvious.

The interface has slowly been undergoing an overhaul to be more intuitive. Inventory can be sorted and searched soon, effects being applied to your ship will be shown as little icons above your shield bar, etc. Some stuff that is perceived to be obtuse is really necessary to have a high degree of complexity like the overview window.

Nuglord's Partner

Super Poster

Bubsy
Grevioux
Bubsy
Grevioux
Bubsy

not really

like what

i dont really get what you're referencing

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Grevioux
Bubsy
Grevioux
Bubsy
Grevioux
Bubsy

not really

like what

i dont really get what you're referencing

The interface. Needlessly obtuse.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out