Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Creature

I'm just thinking about this now after pulling out my 3DS again. I stopped playing earlier cause I got tired of all the stopping to map everything and getting through the newest floor of Etrian Odyssey Untold, was blah cause there was so much water to map out. Now a right handed gamer, could just map and draw and move and map. But me on the other hand, the left handed gamer, gotta stop completely and map crap, and walk, and stop, look around to map stuff right and walk, and stop, map some more, walk a bit, map. I'd put on complete and fully auto mapping with walls and everything, but that's like supposed to be part of the EO experience so I'd hate to cheat that way. Also doing Super Training on Pokemon X is a serious pain, I can't kick goals and dodge at the same time cat_gonk Where are my fellow left handed gamers, and what games do you have issues with? cat_lol

And I just reached B14 on EOU User Image I think I'll just map land for now, with the surrounding land walls by the water where I can't go and whatnot, but color in the water later, lol

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
I knew a few people who had trouble playing because of their left-handedness. Particularly when it comes to using a DS or 3DS. That's why when I like seeing games like The World Ends With You play with whatever hands you're used to, or when console games have a lefty option for the controls.

Questionable Creature

Silver Highlights
I knew a few people who had trouble playing because of their left-handedness. Particularly when it comes to using a DS or 3DS. That's why when I like seeing games like The World Ends With You play with whatever hands you're used to, or when console games have a lefty option for the controls.

I love my 3DS and can't imagine using a right handed main analogue stick. But I also can't comfortably and non stupidly attempt mapping with my right hand cat_lol And I can sorta crappily do goals on Super Training for Pokemon, but not like with my left hand.
you wanna get coffee sometime?

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
I dont draw maps.

I only mark things like stairs and stuff.

wtf is this? 1990? am i right ? AHAHhahahahaah.....

...etrian oddysey 4 and counting.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

I don't know what all is involved in the map making process on Etrian Odyssey, would it be that difficult to train your right hand to do whatever you need to do?

Vicious Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
*Left handed high five* ... :0

Dangerous Genius

As someone who is ambidextrous, I really don't see the big deal. My dad is left handed and he plays games just fine having grown up in a time when pinball machines were all the rage. I mean when I was growing up he was worse at Mario than me and he still is but he still has fun and its not a problem for him.

I mean for me something that's right hand made seems like it was made more for left handed people and for left handed people some things feel like they are more right hand oriented. A left handed guitar feels like it would be easier for me to play than a right handed guitar. So all in all I'm just thinking if you make a big deal over the controls... you're a bit weird.
Chaos Dirge
As someone who is ambidextrous, I really don't see the big deal. My dad is left handed and he plays games just fine having grown up in a time when pinball machines were all the rage. I mean when I was growing up he was worse at Mario than me and he still is but he still has fun and its not a problem for him.

I mean for me something that's right hand made seems like it was made more for left handed people and for left handed people some things feel like they are more right hand oriented. A left handed guitar feels like it would be easier for me to play than a right handed guitar. So all in all I'm just thinking if you make a big deal over the controls... you're a bit weird.

I'm having so much fun cooking today! Well... I guess I was....

Dangerous Genius

[NPC] Rina
Chaos Dirge

You keep having fun cooking rina! cook, cook until your heart is content and everyone will bask in your awesome cooking glory. You are the cook master and never let anyone tell you otherwise.

I got to say I love these NPCs.
Chaos Dirge
[NPC] Rina
Chaos Dirge

You keep having fun cooking rina! cook, cook until your heart is content and everyone will bask in your awesome cooking glory, you are the cook master and never let anyone tell you otherwise.

I got to say I love these NPCs.

Questionable Creature

Chaos Dirge

Yeah sure I prefer things like batting right handed. But when you write left handed, you certainly aren't going to feel comfortable using a stylus right handed. And most things I do left handed. It's kinda hard to map something with your left hand while moving in game, when you need your left hand for the circle pad. Thus having to stop to map anything cat_lol Same goes for my first post's Pokemon example. Perhaps I should've titled my thread "Woes of the left handed 3DS Gamer" lol.

Questionable Creature

Mir Teiwaz
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

I don't know what all is involved in the map making process on Etrian Odyssey, would it be that difficult to train your right hand to do whatever you need to do?

Seeing as I write left handed, using a stylus in my right hand is just uncomfortable and sloppy lol.

Fanatical Bookworm

Yeah. I feel you all, my fellow lefties. Playing on the WiiU game pad in some cases is really a pain. You've got to shift the pad to your right hand, lift up your left (I hold the stylus in my hand while I'm playing, cupped around in back), and do what you need to do on the touch screen. And if you have to press the L or L trigger button(s)... Arg! It's a pain on the 3DS too!

Feral Nymph

I'm mostly used to it since left-handed gaming was never even really an option outside of playing Rockband with the guitar set to left-handed or play TWEWY with one hand. Looking back, I could have set-up a computer for left-handed use, but everyone else in the house was right-handed so I would have had to change it back every time.

Though I'm still slightly annoying that our poster child, Link, has given up his sinister ways.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff