Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey
proven by the number of people who still play them.
You have a strange definition of objective if "people like it" is relevant to it. The opinions of one person and the opinions of 1 million people are still, above all, opinions. That makes it subjective as to whether or not the games are good because people play them.

And like I already said, people convince themselves that old games aged well. Doesn't mean they did.

Yes, you keep saying that and that's all you seem to keep saying. Would you kindly provide your rationalisation behind such a conclusion? I mean you have been provided with objective evidence along with subjective reasoning, you accept that it's entirely a matter of opinion when it suits you but continue to cling to a claim we have both reasoned against.
You haven't provided any objective evidence at all. The only claims you've made is that because people like them, that means that they've aged well. However, that is already covered by my statement that people convince themselves they've aged well and doesn't disprove it, and is still 100% subjective.

Just because people like them does not mean that they've aged well. Just like how the games nowadays will likely not have aged well in comparison to games we may have 20 more years down the line, depending on how much technology changes in regards to video games.

I also chose to ignore how one of your examples was a MMO that is constantly getting new content as well as recent graphical updates, even though that would call into question what you think "aging well" is, since WoW would have been dead ages ago if they weren't getting new things. As much as people fap over vanilla WoW, if they only had the base game (no patches or updates ever, including no content added before BC to the base game), none of them would play it.

Would you kindly provide your rationalisation behind such a conclusion?
I already did. I see no point in reiterating it when the thread is still here for you to read through.

All you've done is reiterate the original claim with nothing to support it. Would you kindly provide your rationalisation behind such a conclusion?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey

Yes, you keep saying that and that's all you seem to keep saying. Would you kindly provide your rationalisation behind such a conclusion? I mean you have been provided with objective evidence along with subjective reasoning, you accept that it's entirely a matter of opinion when it suits you but continue to cling to a claim we have both reasoned against.
You haven't provided any objective evidence at all. The only claims you've made is that because people like them, that means that they've aged well. However, that is already covered by my statement that people convince themselves they've aged well and doesn't disprove it, and is still 100% subjective.

Just because people like them does not mean that they've aged well. Just like how the games nowadays will likely not have aged well in comparison to games we may have 20 more years down the line, depending on how much technology changes in regards to video games.

I also chose to ignore how one of your examples was a MMO that is constantly getting new content as well as recent graphical updates, even though that would call into question what you think "aging well" is, since WoW would have been dead ages ago if they weren't getting new things. As much as people fap over vanilla WoW, if they only had the base game (no patches or updates ever, including no content added before BC to the base game), none of them would play it.

I already did. I see no point in reiterating it when the thread is still here for you to read through.

All you've done is reiterate the original claim with nothing to support it. Would you kindly provide your rationalisation behind such a conclusion?
I already did. It's not my fault if you can't see it.
Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey

So basically you've been talking out your a** from the get go.

Good one. You got me.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven

Good one. You got me.
If that's what you choose to tell yourself, I can't stop that. Or to be more accurate, I don't see the need to stop it because I don't care enough.
Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven

Good one. You got me.
If that's what you choose to tell yourself, I can't stop that. Or to be more accurate, I don't see the need to stop it because I don't care enough.

If that's what you choose to tell yourself.
Hexstus
Whiskey Grey

Good one. You got me.

You're wrong and can't accept it. This is a classic response from people who, instead of letting their pride/ego get hurt, will continue to basically babble until the other person moves on. Thus allowing themselves to delude themselves into believing they were right and have won.

From someone who said "Original Defense of the Ancients is supreme." I don't accept that you disagree with me. She still hasn't provided any reasoning.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven

Good one. You got me.

I feel it would be too bold of me to underline what my reasoning is based off of if you're unable to see it on your own. Rest assured that it is not based on subjectivity, but objectivity. Unlike your retorts.
Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven
Whiskey Grey
Dei Gratia Raven

Good one. You got me.

I feel it would be too bold of me to underline what my reasoning is based off of if you're unable to see it on your own. Rest assured that it is not based on subjectivity, but objectivity. Unlike your retorts.

Be bold. Underline it.
Hexstus
Whiskey Grey

I don't agree with you. Nostalgia is the only thing that gets me to play old games but even then I don't play them very long. They simply do not age well. He did but all you're doing is holding your hand in front of your eyes and fervently denying that he's provided apt reasoning.

Would you kindly help me understand her reasoning then? Because I've only seen the same statement reiterated over and over again.

5,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
DynaSuarez Wrecks
Clover_IceQueen
my parents wouldn't let me get it because they were more responsible than parents nowadays letting 8-year-olds play online multiplayer shooters.
There is nothing inherently wrong with children playing shooters. Besides, the amount of "grown adults" who act like immature sociopaths is significantly greater than the number of children who do.

We're all sociopaths here

Friend

^ what the heck is going on here

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out