Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you use cheats and/or hacks?

Yes, all of the time! 0.42737430167598 42.7% [ 765 ]
Occassionally. 0.44134078212291 44.1% [ 790 ]
No, never! 0.13128491620112 13.1% [ 235 ]
Total Votes:[ 1790 ]

WOOOO ********' APOCALYPSE CHALLENGE (Sims 2 version, not Sims 3 -- better for atmosphere, I hate running apocalypse challenge when the neighbourhood is pretty and no sim but me looks like they're going through s**t)

KICKS SO MUCH ARSE.

Wait, no.

It's a pain in the arse. The arse it's kicking is mine.
But this is the second time I've tried it, and I'm doing a lot better...

Also,
I Cast Ultima
I wondered do I have to have other expansion pack installed before I can install this one? I seemingly remember not being able to install new expansion packs before the older ones with The Sims 2.

What? You remember wrong. You can install them in any order in Sims 2; you just have to play the game using the disc from the most recent EP.
^ Really? Did they change it? I always had to install in order the expansion came out.
Dnelle
^ Really? Did they change it? I always had to install in order the expansion came out.

I feel like that's how it worked for Sims 1? But not Sims 2. < < Lemme put it this way, I installed my packs in this order:

Sims 2 Deluxe (Basegame + Nightlife), Freetime, Pets, Seasons, University, Open For Business

(Where the order should be: Basegame, University, Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free time.)

Sparkling Pieslinger

Apocalypse challenge?! That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to check it out. biggrin

I will be simming more than other gaming because my laptop can't handle Rift apparently and I'm visiting my family in another state. EEK!

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
Eowyn Eorlingas
Dnelle

I feel like that's how it worked for Sims 1? But not Sims 2. < < Lemme put it this way, I installed my packs in this order:

Sims 2 Deluxe (Basegame + Nightlife), Freetime, Pets, Seasons, University, Open For Business

(Where the order should be: Basegame, University, Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free time.)
dont forget apatment life came after free time

Fashionable Poster

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Anyone Like sims 2 more than 3?

I've wondered this, so yeah it's nice to get to visit your neighbor across the street without any hassle, it's fun to go downtown...

what bothers me about it the most is the fact custom content is harder to instal than just drag and drop and it works... I don't know if anyone had any problems with package files for the sims 3, but I did. I could only use sims3package files, and some of my favourite content makers didn't use them.

The next thing that bothers me is comummity lots. There aren't really any of them, just community venues. I took my sim to the restaurant and I couldn't see what they were doing inside. That bothers me. I suppose that it was done that way so that you didn't end up crashing your cpu from a ridiculous poly count, but it's just bothersome if you want to make movies...

Maybe they should just release something to give sims 2 better graphics, replace loading screens with scenes of your sims in their cars driving to their destination by driving all around town (If it'll take that long for your game to load the lot) and make custom content not just customizable outside the game, but inside as well instead of making a whole new game...

I miss the sims 2....

Witty Raider

I'm hopping between Sims 3 and Alice:Madness Returns..
That having started today since I got the urge to play my 'legacy' family this morning, then we went out to the game store at noon and I got A:MR...
Jeez, my Mum must hate my choice in games since the games I want always seem to cost $60.
{}{She/I would have paid $120 for two games in two weeks once Catherine comes out and I get it}{}
OTL

I'uno, I'm kind of looking for an Alice Sim to put in my town.. Just so I can have another None-aging Sim besides my Simself running around XD;

@Shnapoodle
Eh, I don't think they'll be improving/coming out with anything else for Sims 2 ever again. Their main focus is pretty much purely on Sims 3 and Sims Medieval.

Guess it's nice to dream, though.
Shnapoodle
Anyone Like sims 2 more than 3?

I've wondered this, so yeah it's nice to get to visit your neighbor across the street without any hassle, it's fun to go downtown...

what bothers me about it the most is the fact custom content is harder to instal than just drag and drop and it works... I don't know if anyone had any problems with package files for the sims 3, but I did. I could only use sims3package files, and some of my favourite content makers didn't use them.

The next thing that bothers me is comummity lots. There aren't really any of them, just community venues. I took my sim to the restaurant and I couldn't see what they were doing inside. That bothers me. I suppose that it was done that way so that you didn't end up crashing your cpu from a ridiculous poly count, but it's just bothersome if you want to make movies...

Maybe they should just release something to give sims 2 better graphics, replace loading screens with scenes of your sims in their cars driving to their destination by driving all around town (If it'll take that long for your game to load the lot) and make custom content not just customizable outside the game, but inside as well instead of making a whole new game...

I miss the sims 2....

I bought Sims 3 the morning it came out and still have yet to really get into it/play it. If I do play Sims, it's Sims 2.
mistress_hydro
Eowyn Eorlingas
Dnelle

dont forget apatment life came after free time

Yeah, but I don't have AL. XD

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
@hydro: ty. heart

But NOW I have another problem. xD

I bought ambitions and my sim became a firefighter! But whenever i'm called out to a fire...the other firefighters dont come with me. stare

Why is this? It just cost me dearly. Dx

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Mirfff..They have the Pre-Order page up for pets and if you pre-order for the Xbox and 360 you'll get 10 "unique" breeds. (Pets with specially designed skins) and for the PC you get a store filled with unique items.

I'd rather have the unique tiger looking dog than a unique store.

But things aren't all bad thanks to this little statement: "Think your Sim has what it takes to tame a wild horse?"

I..AM..HAPPY.

@ I Cast Ultima:

Sadly the other firefighters are bums and you have to tackle the emergencies/challenges yourself.

The best thing to do so you can respond to fires more quickly and not get a bad score is to keep your firetruck maintained so it can get you there faster.

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
Srsly?! I was fighting a big house fire for 8 hours! And I still couldnt put it out...I knew I should of become a cop. gonk
My sims cant play on my computer anymore (long story but I'll be running soon!) but I played late night at my friends.
And thus I created an epic story of love, loss and music. Who dares to read? (dont worry its pg13)

Two twins lived in the city, havin a great time in their apartment. Romantic Mika got the good looks, the wild times and a cute musician boyfriend (when they engaged, he came to live in the apartment). Humorous Bailey was a writer who loved to see the sights and explore, despite not being in the spotlight like her sister. Bailey had a little crush on Tracer, the fiancee, as they became friends. As Mika became a famous actress and Tracer started his dream of piano music, things were changing.
Tracer suddenly took Bailey to a lot more dance clubs and VIP areas. Especially when Mika was at work. Bailey eventually realized Tracer liked her and she liked him back! They took things up a notch and began flirting and hugging when no one watched. One night, Tracer took her to a hot party in a huge club. Things got crazy and their memories blurred with the bright lights and loud music. When the buzz wore off, they were in the elevator going down. As they came home Bailey wanted to forever be with Tracer.
When they got home, he pulled Mika outside to talk. He confessed that he cheated and then harshly broke up with her. Tracer kicked her out of the apartment, barely giving her time to gather her things. Mika cried on Bailey's shoulder and hugged before going to an apartment across town. Hours later, she was discovered to be pregnant.
Bailey finally had the honor of being his girlfriend, after being longtime lovers. But it was a day after the party when Bailey discovered she was pregnant. Tracer rejected her and broke her heart. Bailey was forced to move out of the apartment and move to a suburban house. Torn and lost, Bailey gave up the city life and decided she wanted nothing more to do with music, especially pianos.
Time went by and Cherry was born (her half sister, Jennebell was born shortly before). Cherry was a bit of an "ugly duckling" during her toddler and childhood years. But she learned skills quick and was a joy to be around. When Mika gave her a xylophone, Cherry took very special interest.
When she became a teenager, Cherry was beautiful! Her hair in a ponytail, the perfect brown hair color, her eyes a beautiful blue shade. Cherry was best friends with her mom. But secretly, she yearned to see the city ever since she was young. So one night, she snuck to a club called Plasma. Her love for the dance club life was intense and she adored playing the piano. It was there she caught a glimspe of her famous father and heard the story of it all (her mothers hate for music, her father splitting with her mom, etc).
So Cherry lived a double life. During the day she's be at school and do modest work. Then she's come home for a whatever rest she didnt get at school. And after, off to the dance club where she played piano, partied with celebrities and learned about mixing drinks. All without her mother knowing.
Then came the tragedy.
During school, Bailey was caught in an accident and died. Cherry was all alone. But as she drank her sorrows at the bar, she made a descision. She wanted to embrace her passion all the time, not secretly.
So instead of going to school, she practiced her piano skills or her drink mixing skills. Sometimes even throwing a little bass or drumming (she wasnt a guitarist much). When the club opened up, Cherry dressed up and partied. She played piano, helped mix drinks and socialized with the celebs.

But is this truly THE life? Is there any chance of success for Cherry? Or is she doomed to remain unknown to the world?

O.G. Prophet

I made a decent looking house for my sim to live in the other day. Took ~ 3 hours to do because I couldn't decide on a lot of stuff. I'll try to upload some pictures of it later. =P

Edit:

I probably should've went into build mode to take pictures. Sorry about that.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
@SkyMessenger: Nice character bio.

@Sadistyk Soul: Good job on the build. I love it when houses have spacious rooms in them.

And some more Pets related stuff. This beauty is on the Sims 3 Facebook page in a poll to give it a name:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Besides looking sweet, its also an award for your Sim winning competitions in the Equestrian Center and under the "Rider of Legends" challenge for the Riding Skill.

RIDING SKILL!!! And I'm actually hoping that like Painting you can't learn it from reading a book.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff