Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you use cheats and/or hacks?

Yes, all of the time! 0.42737430167598 42.7% [ 765 ]
Occassionally. 0.44134078212291 44.1% [ 790 ]
No, never! 0.13128491620112 13.1% [ 235 ]
Total Votes:[ 1790 ]

girlsinsuits
Waaaa problems!

I re-installed Sims2 but am having problem with custom content. I downloaded some hairstyles and stuff into my Downloads folder, but none of them appeared in my game. I went into the folder and saw that they weren't associated with any program, so I chose Sims2Pack Clean Installer. There were a few issues with the program (like it telling me it hadn't installed properly or something, probably due to the switch of the boot drive from drive C to D), but it still installed the packages that I wanted it to install fine. However, I wasn't sure of this at the time, and decided I wanted to get it back to its proper association. I told it to open with what I thought was the program used, The Sims 2 Body Shop Package Installer, (Program Files>EA Games>The Sims 2>CSBin) but when I try to open the package files now, it opens what looks like the right program but tells me "Please double-click a custom content package file to install the content." Well, I did. But it's not working. Any suggestions?

The only reason I can think of for not having your stuff show up would be because you don't have custom objects enabled in the game. You could double check that first.

After that you should download something completely new, maybe from the official site and see if it works. If not, then there is obviously something else corrupting your downloads

You should look through all of your downloads and move the possible corrupters to a new folder on your desktop as well. Insimenator, for example, is usually the number one culprit. -.-

And if you decide to uninstall/reinstall again, then you should manuelly go in your MY Documents folders and take out EA Games then check in your Program Files for any Ea Games/Sims 2 folders after uninstalling. Stuff gets left behind all the time. Also, if you're using saved games and such from the deleted version then that could be the problem. Expansion packs aren't very friendly with each other when it comes to custom content. Try putting all your EPs back before playing.

Hope you get your problem fixed. :]

7,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
YAY I thought I should let you all know that I solved the problem. I can't be completely sure if this is what did it, but I think the problem was that when I first took it off the computer, I didn't officially uninstall it (I just manually deleted the files) and so the recognization of the .package files wasn't removed. Since Sims2 wasn't on the computer anymore, the file lost it's program association, but the computer still recognized that the file type was on the computer. I think when I reinstalled it the association didn't get put back. So, what I did was go into the control panel and delete the .package file type from the computer. Then I uninstalled/reinstalled AGAIN, but guess what! It worked! Yay. biggrin

I bet that was totally confusing but oh well. It worked, I am happy. razz
what a strange issue!

i unfortunately havent played today.

maybe i will play some now.

My current family is waiting for their oldest kids to move out before they get to making more babies.

Timid Raider

citrimax
Brodie Asturias
Octaru250
Brodie Asturias
I'm getting better at this game! I downloaded Pyramid Head from modthesims or whatever, and he hasn't died yet! I even managed to get him a promotion at work!

He has a slacker job, but whatever.

Of course, this time I don't have a swimming pool or pesky other sims that get in the way, and I'm being very careful with my fridge.

so ur new at this game...ur gonna love it...but next time i would suggest a job that pays more...but dats my oppinion...they pay a lot more at the end of the job tho...

I've been playing it for like a month or two, and I played the Sims 1 for years and years. I wouldn't say I'm new. I just seem to have really bad luck. -_-

I'm also being careful with old food, stoves and flies. And I am so not buying a telescope. Not after alien twins.

I mean, seriously, who knew that the one time I forgot to clean up the food my sim lady ate it and died of food poisoning? And that her husband would get swamped by work and starve to death because she died and didn't make dinner? D:

And really, what was the chance of a sim with free will would drown in the swimming pool with the ladder right in front of them? And I never expected another of my sims to step on a plate one of the teenagers didn't clean up and would get eaten by flies.

And what was the chance that a toddler would be sitting in front of the stove right at the very moment it set on fire and the only other person awake was on the phone?

Man, Brodie, that's some bad luck! I have to admit though when I read your post it made me giggle. I've had similar things happen before...like I spent all this time on a Sim, developed a job and good wife relationship...and he went on his own will to fix the broken computer...and he totally died. It ruined my whole game because the wife went into bad aspiration and went a little coo-coo. This was before I knew cheats, so I had no idea what to do. So I feel your pain.

Whoah. My guy, not Pyramid Head mind you, no, it was Jack Sparrow who I moved in with Pyramic Head and Will Turner, just tried to fix the computer - and he got electrocuted. He didn't die though. But the computer and desk caught on fire so I had to buy new ones. It was hilarious though.

How do you get people who hate each other, as in -100 furious kind of hate, to like each other again? They keep jumping each other and getting into dust battles. See, Will Turner hates Pyramid Head and Jack Sparrow. He used to love Jack Sparrow. Pyramid head loves Jack Sparrow and hates Will Turner. And Jack Sparrow used to love Will Turner but now he is neutral, and he loves Pyramid Head, and I'm having trouble getting them all to unhate each other.
Glad to hear your game is back to working girlsinsuits! 4laugh
Alright guys, that time has come. I need your help!

The population of this thread is growing, which is always wonderful. I want to make this thread as fun as possible. We have screenshot contests, and contest for the regulars - yes - but what else can we do?

I need suggestions! Does anyone have any interesting suggestions? Ideas?

Also, I need suggestions for the next screenshot contest. What should that be?

PM me or POST your ideas,suggestions,etc.

Thank you to every single one of you for making the thread what it is today. I love you guys! heart
hello all i already posted this link but nobody came , well this a a game by the creator of the sims (it may be better than the sims)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12430135
~GET_PSYCO_WITH_ME~
hello all i already posted this link but nobody came , well this a a game by the creator of the sims (it may be better than the sims)
]http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12430135

yes its spore. we know about spore.

but spore hasnt come out yet.. so there isnt toooo much to say about it.
~GET_PSYCO_WITH_ME~
]http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12430135

Posting ONCE is enough. I'd suggest you not do it again. We are all well aware of Spore, and well aware of your thread. PLEASE DO NOT ADVERTISE HERE. This thread is not your billboard. This is considered spamming in my eyes. Do it again and you will be on the black list.
Ina-bean
Alright guys, that time has come. I need your help!

The population of this thread is growing, which is always wonderful. I want to make this thread as fun as possible. We have screenshot contests, and contest for the regulars - yes - but what else can we do?

I need suggestions! Does anyone have any interesting suggestions? Ideas?

Also, I need suggestions for the next screenshot contest. What should that be?

PM me or POST your ideas,suggestions,etc.

Thank you to every single one of you for making the thread what it is today. I love you guys! heart

7,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Well, I suggested before the idea of uploading a family that everyone who comes into the thread can download and play and can then tell everyone else what they've been doing with it, so we can see all the differences!

Riley Ouglei was downloaded by a couple of people, but she never really got off the ground.
I agree with girlsinsuits- I think a family we could all download would be very interesting. Because you know we would all do completely different things with it...haha.

I also think it would be cool to all make Sims of ourselves so we could have a "Gaia" family on the Sims. Also maybe on the first page, make a post that just has a list and links to downloadable Sims that anyone can download...get Riley up there, the Gaia family, etc. That way it's easy reference for everyone!

Maybe we could start having video contests? I have a YouTube account, and have uploaded some Sim video files on there...mind you they suck, but I'm trying to make them better! So maybe that could be a contest, maybe worth a little more gold, as videos take much more effort than a screencap.

Next screenshot contest: Maybe a Sim committing a 7 Deadly Sin?

I'm full of ideas!

biggrin
Brodie Asturias
citrimax
Brodie Asturias
Octaru250
Brodie Asturias
I'm getting better at this game! I downloaded Pyramid Head from modthesims or whatever, and he hasn't died yet! I even managed to get him a promotion at work!

He has a slacker job, but whatever.

Of course, this time I don't have a swimming pool or pesky other sims that get in the way, and I'm being very careful with my fridge.

so ur new at this game...ur gonna love it...but next time i would suggest a job that pays more...but dats my oppinion...they pay a lot more at the end of the job tho...

I've been playing it for like a month or two, and I played the Sims 1 for years and years. I wouldn't say I'm new. I just seem to have really bad luck. -_-

I'm also being careful with old food, stoves and flies. And I am so not buying a telescope. Not after alien twins.

I mean, seriously, who knew that the one time I forgot to clean up the food my sim lady ate it and died of food poisoning? And that her husband would get swamped by work and starve to death because she died and didn't make dinner? D:

And really, what was the chance of a sim with free will would drown in the swimming pool with the ladder right in front of them? And I never expected another of my sims to step on a plate one of the teenagers didn't clean up and would get eaten by flies.

And what was the chance that a toddler would be sitting in front of the stove right at the very moment it set on fire and the only other person awake was on the phone?

Man, Brodie, that's some bad luck! I have to admit though when I read your post it made me giggle. I've had similar things happen before...like I spent all this time on a Sim, developed a job and good wife relationship...and he went on his own will to fix the broken computer...and he totally died. It ruined my whole game because the wife went into bad aspiration and went a little coo-coo. This was before I knew cheats, so I had no idea what to do. So I feel your pain.

Whoah. My guy, not Pyramid Head mind you, no, it was Jack Sparrow who I moved in with Pyramic Head and Will Turner, just tried to fix the computer - and he got electrocuted. He didn't die though. But the computer and desk caught on fire so I had to buy new ones. It was hilarious though.

How do you get people who hate each other, as in -100 furious kind of hate, to like each other again? They keep jumping each other and getting into dust battles. See, Will Turner hates Pyramid Head and Jack Sparrow. He used to love Jack Sparrow. Pyramid head loves Jack Sparrow and hates Will Turner. And Jack Sparrow used to love Will Turner but now he is neutral, and he loves Pyramid Head, and I'm having trouble getting them all to unhate each other.

Something I have found that works for getting relationship points up is getting them in a hot tub. I don't know if two -100 people will get in there, but usually any two people will just talk and talk. Use the "maxmotives" cheat once or twice so they are in there for hours- it usually boosts up their relationship big time.

What's Pyramid Head? Isn't that a beer? rofl

7,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Ooo, those are some nead ideas, Citrimax! I'm especially a fan of making our Simselves. biggrin

Timid Raider

citrimax

Something I have found that works for getting relationship points up is getting them in a hot tub. I don't know if two -100 people will get in there, but usually any two people will just talk and talk. Use the "maxmotives" cheat once or twice so they are in there for hours- it usually boosts up their relationship big time.

What's Pyramid Head? Isn't that a beer? rofl

Pyramid Head is a monster that rapes other zombies in Silent Hill 2 and attacks you with a giant meat cleaver. In the movie he tears off someone's skin. I downloaded him.

That hot tub idea sounds like it might actually work! Thanks! What I was doing was putting one of them in isolation unitl they cooled down. It was taking a while.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff