Welcome to Gaia! ::

would be funny if the footage we saw of Ground Zeroes is actually from the Vita! eek
Just started Peace Walker last night (kind of had to get it with all the references and spoilers flying around).
Hoping all the hype the game gets isn't based on it's multiplayer, because I don't want to play MGS with strangers online.

I'm both glad and disappointed that when I failed the last part of the tutorial enough times Miller just said screw it and moved on, without me ever figuring out the move.

Mega Elder

Haha.

The multiplayer is good for sure.

Most people online will kill things when you are trying to tranq. It can get annoying.

Versatile Receiver

The multiplayer is a blast. I never do online stuff in general but with PW it's worth it.

Sometimes I want to tear my hair out trying for co-op S-ranks on certain missions though...
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to do it. Except maybe in the very rare situation that my one friend who has the game is on and playing at the same time as me, and is also at the same point to want to go through the mission I'm at (less likely considering he's had the collection forever and still hasn't touched PW yet).
If it were local multiplayer, that would be amazing, but I won't fault the game for that since it was originally on the PSP.

Hopefully that doesn't mean the single player is disappointing. Seems good so far (even some improvements in gameplay over the main series), but I am noticing one or two things that Portable Ops did better.
Omnipotent Trevor
Just started Peace Walker last night (kind of had to get it with all the references and spoilers flying around).
Hoping all the hype the game gets isn't based on it's multiplayer, because I don't want to play MGS with strangers online.

I'm both glad and disappointed that when I failed the last part of the tutorial enough times Miller just said screw it and moved on, without me ever figuring out the move.

but multi-player mode is the best way to beat the bosses.

Precious Reindeer

10,750 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Friend got me a copy of Portable Ops + last week and it's pretty fun, although I suck majorly at it since I seem to get caught every other time. -w- Still fun though. :'3
Jin-Andrews
Omnipotent Trevor

That is unfortunate. Hopefully doing them solo only won't be too frustrating then.

I only just recently finally realized that having the game still play when you select your inventory or mess with your menu isn't some revolutionary new mechanic, but is probably just a consequence of multiplayer mode be part of the main story.
The higher level bosses are Monster Hunter-esque grinds. (Especially the Monster Hunter bosses.) Perfectly doable solo, but require quite a bit of gear, and time.

Versatile Receiver

Omnipotent Trevor
Jin-Andrews
Omnipotent Trevor

That is unfortunate. Hopefully doing them solo only won't be too frustrating then.

I only just recently finally realized that having the game still play when you select your inventory or mess with your menu isn't some revolutionary new mechanic, but is probably just a consequence of multiplayer mode be part of the main story.
You can do pretty much everything in the game solo, it just usually takes longer.
Grav!ty
The higher level bosses are Monster Hunter-esque grinds. (Especially the Monster Hunter bosses.) Perfectly doable solo, but require quite a bit of gear, and time.
Would help if I'd ever played Monster Hunter. Gone back and forth in the past on whether it seems fun or not, but this game is certainly giving me tons of newfound incentive to (kind of like MGS3 did with Ape Escape).

In other news, just beat the Pupa, and yeah, I can see how that was setup for multiple people going after multiple targets. And thankfully those don't look like ones that would require a lot of communication between players, just an extra set of guns and hands. May consider attempting to host a match when I get to the next one of the ai mechs.
Omnipotent Trevor
Jin-Andrews
Omnipotent Trevor

believe me. i need someone to neutralize the soldiers while i aim at the enemy vehicle. xp
the main focus of Peace Walker was its multi-player mode anyway.
Jin-Andrews
the main focus of Peace Walker was its multi-player mode anyway.
Which, as I have said, is unfortunate.

As for the vehicles, I tried doing that online once and it didn't make it any easier to capture.

And my plan to make the AI boss fights the one thing I do in a group failed when I got to the Chrysalis and got bored of waiting for anyone to get on. Got through it just fine anyway.
Which is another thing, if all the fun is in the multiplayer that means the game isn't going to be worth much soon, as the community dies down.

Dangerous Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Got Mgs2 .... Made it pretty dang far and .. It froze... >.< can't play it anymore
So I just beat MGS1....

Now I have a question: What happened to Meryl? Like... throughout the entire MGS, it's clear that Snake loves Meryl and her in return. Come MGS2... she's not even mentioned once. What's the deal?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff