Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Trash

35,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Working on Chicken emblem right now. The PS3 has been on since about 11 am, and I have just gotten the drum can. PROGRESS! emotion_awesome
It might just be me, but the new Ghost Recon feels a lot like a playable MGO.
Or it has a lot of similar elements that actually work together.
So here I am, months later. I played the hell out of Peace Walker and had one serious question. To start, I've begun playing MGSSE again but something that I have yet to realize is....why exactly did The Big Boss defect in the first place? As in Snakes meantor? The mission? She realized her role i the bigger picture? If I go through and play again will this be realized? If so then I'll just invest more time.

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Member 100
l_TheEND_l
So here I am, months later. I played the hell out of Peace Walker and had one serious question. To start, I've begun playing MGSSE again but something that I have yet to realize is....why exactly did The Big Boss defect in the first place? As in Snakes meantor? The mission? She realized her role i the bigger picture? If I go through and play again will this be realized? If so then I'll just invest more time.

Won't spoil anything for you, but all I'll say about that is that things didn't really go according to plan, which put The Boss (not Big Boss, that's Naked Snake's title) in the situation that she's in.

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Member 100
So I made a little observation, not sure if it was just a coincidence or not, but when I was playing MGS4, I got to the part when Naomi explains what nano machines are and the effect is has on soldiers. In one scene they show all of the Metal Gear titles in order from Metal Gear to Metal Gear Solid 4. Below Metal Gear Solid 4, there are two more slots that say Under Construction. What if one of the slots were for Peace Walker and the other is for Metal Gear Solid 5? What do you think? Is it just a coincidence, or did Kojima plan this stuff out a long time ago?

Original Trash

35,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Could be. Maybe instead of 5 it was talking about Rising, with what Sunny said at the end.

Mega Elder

That'd be cool if it was hinting at Rising or MGS5.
Remember though, at that point Peace Walker was still officially considered MGS5.

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Member 100
Either way, it still would have filled that slot and the game currently in development would fill the second slot. I think it could have been Rising as well, since it was going to be canon at one point. Not saying that it does mean anything though, it's just a cool thought I had that I wanted to share with you all.

Tipsy Lover

8,800 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tipsy 100
Grav!ty
Remember though, at that point Peace Walker was still officially considered MGS5.

...A minor correction.
Quote:

Kojima wrote, produced and directed the game, stating that the game was not a spin-off, nor was it a sidestory. Kojima referred to both Peace Walker and Metal Gear Solid: Rising as Metal Gear Solid 5, while specifically calling Peace Walker "the MGS5 inside me."

Prior to the announcement of Metal Gear Solid 5, the title was used by Hideo Kojima to refer to two seperate games in the Metal Gear series

Metal Gear Solid Rising, Kojima refers to it as the generation of MGS5.

Distinct Businessman

never played it either would give it a shot smile

Original Trash

35,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Ok, just got to the part Shinigami was talking about. I got the sense that if the scrolling hadn't stopped, there would have been more Under Construction boxes. *Shrugs*

Desirable Lover

9,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
Going for the PEACE WALKER achievment. Complete the game without killing anyone. Been distracted by so many other games I haven't finished MGS3 at all on the HD Collection.. Plus The Fury was kicking my a**.

EDIT: If I drop people off cliffs or into water, does it count as me killing them? :I

Mega Elder

I think it does.

Original Trash

35,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
35 hours in, got almost all the other requirements for the Chicken emblem, now to get to the boss to gather up some continues. Uuugh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff