Welcome to Gaia! ::

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Oh snap. If you have access to a PS2 and/or another method where you could play PS2 games (cough), there's Haunting Ground too. It's pretty awesome.

hippojello's Significant Otter

Dampylle
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth and Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem are two I always liked... to be honest I have not been impressed by recent attempts at "horror games"
Shadow hearts was also freaking awesome

Raven Prime
Oh snap. If you have access to a PS2 and/or another method where you could play PS2 games (cough), there's Haunting Ground too. It's pretty awesome.
I have access to everything but a psp, psvita, or 3DS so I will look it ups
gothicgnome
Dampylle
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth and Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem are two I always liked... to be honest I have not been impressed by recent attempts at "horror games"
It is, but I never really considered it Horror... though I can see how it could fit into the category story wise I suppose.

Dampylle
gothicgnome
Dampylle
It is, but I never really considered it Horror... though I can see how it could fit into the category story wise I suppose.
I wasn't saying it was it was just your sig at the time so i said something
gothicgnome
Dampylle
I really just find the slight thrill fun and I'm just a big all around horror buff so It fits
I have a sizable collection of horror in terms of film and books, I still do not find much impressive about the recent trend in "horror games". They have degenerated to such reliance on jump effects after building tension that it feels like the game equivalent of a slasher flick which I also never found scary or impressive.
gothicgnome
Dampylle
gothicgnome
Dampylle
I rather thought it might have to do with my sig, I am quite fond of the series... the Lovecraftian tones against an alternate history back drop was quite entertaining to me.

Dampylle
gothicgnome
Dampylle
gothicgnome
Dampylle
I rather thought it might have to do with my sig, I am quite fond of the series... the Lovecraftian tones against an alternate history back drop was quite entertaining to me.
Highly I think I played at least covenant and the new world and was really obsessed for quite awhile but i borrowed the games and had to return them sad

Dampylle
gothicgnome
Dampylle
I really just find the slight thrill fun and I'm just a big all around horror buff so It fits
I have a sizable collection of horror in terms of film and books, I still do not find much impressive about the recent trend in "horror games". They have degenerated to such reliance on jump effects after building tension that it feels like the game equivalent of a slasher flick which I also never found scary or impressive.
No they aren't but they are at least somewhat amusing, rise of nightmares while it pissed me off with the controls the whole game was just rather funny but with games like silent hill at least their is a psychological aspect that makes it more relate-able and interesting
gothicgnome
Dampylle
gothicgnome
Dampylle
No they aren't but they are at least somewhat amusing, rise of nightmares while it pissed me off with the controls the whole game was just rather funny but with games like silent hill at least their is a psychological aspect that makes it more relate-able and interesting
Which is actually why I suggested the two games I did... both make far more use of psychological aspects. The former (call of cthulhu) to such a degree that knowing the source material actually at times makes you jump at shadows because of what you expect even without the game actually doing anything.

It is the atmosphere and psychology that I fear so many of the more recent games lack, which is no doubt why both the games I suggested were from last gen now that I think about it.

Dampylle
gothicgnome
Dampylle
gothicgnome
Dampylle
Which is actually why I suggested the two games I did... both make far more use of psychological aspects. The former (call of cthulhu) to such a degree that knowing the source material actually at times makes you jump at shadows because of what you expect even without the game actually doing anything.

It is the atmosphere and psychology that I fear so many of the more recent games lack, which is no doubt why both the games I suggested were from last gen now that I think about it.

You like gungrave too? you're cool. but yea I actually read a few of HP Lovecraft's shorter stories back when I had time and he was very good at that, so i imagine the games would be similar.
gothicgnome
Dampylle
gothicgnome
Dampylle
gothicgnome
Dampylle

You like gungrave too? you're cool. but yea I actually read a few of HP Lovecraft's shorter stories back when I had time and he was very good at that, so i imagine the games would be similar.
I do, and thanks. As for Lovecraft, yes definitely worth a look both in terms of something to read and the game. Though as I sit here in a lovecraft t-shirt and have a leatherbound of his collected works on my shelf... I could be a tad biased.

Dampylle
gothicgnome
Dampylle
gothicgnome
Dampylle

I do, and thanks. As for Lovecraft, yes definitely worth a look both in terms of something to read and the game. Though as I sit here in a lovecraft t-shirt and have a leatherbound of his collected works on my shelf... I could be a tad biased.
Lol I wish I had time to read more sadly college does not take kindly to recreational reading these days, I just got one of the collections for my nook cause I had been meaning to read it for a long time but If i had the time I'd probably be reading John Ajvide Lindqvist.

Kawaii Noob

11,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Mark Twain 100
Silent Hill pretty much
gothicgnome
Evanxeco
Fatal Frame series. if you have played them, try Silent Hill series. They both have spookers smile
I have played all of both biggrin

Try the Fear series then, it's a fps game but still has a very strong horror element smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff