Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay... I know there is at least ONE other FlyFF thread in here, but it was along the lines of "FlyFF: Discuss." And I want an actual FlyFF players thread.

>>~-FlyForFun-~<<

>~-Premise
FlyFF stands for Fly For Fun, and it's (slowly) gaining global popularity as one of the better animated MMORPGs, and more importantly, one of the cheapest.

>~-Other Information
Flyff is cheat-protected by the well known GameGaurd program, which will automatically patch when you open it.
FlyFF is provided by GalaNet and created by Aeonsoft.

>~-Pros and Cons
Flyff Pros:
It's free! It's a 3d world. You can FLY! Challenging level system. Class structure very lenient. Messenger System. Good community.
FlyFF Cons:
It's laggy. It shuts down from time to time. Weekly Maintenance. Level system is REALLY tough later on. PvP bar makes skill levelling REALLY slow. Really limited classes. Extremely limited character creation. No Bank Share. Difficult to level without a party.

I very much enjoy playing FlyFF. I love the people and I love the game and I EVEN LOVE CLOCKWORKS!
I really hope you'll join me in FlyFF and we can level together and chat together and just have fun. XD
Now I'm going to go play. LATUH!

>~-Updates:
-I almost never log on Gaia anymore... If you want, you can try PMing me if you're willing to wait. Otherwise, PM Norela Lorre who will probably kick me violently in the shins until I log on and update... Just tell me what needs changing (or Nor.. She'll fwd it, I'm sure) and I'll hop to it.
>~-So ya wanna PLAY?-~<

>~-Getting Started
To play, all one need do is visit the website; flyff.gpotato.com, create an account, and download the free (and ad/spy-free) program.
This WILL take longer than your dad on the john on Sundays. It is a VERY slow download. But it's worth the wait for...

>~-Character Creation
Once the program is open, you will be taken to the login screen, where you will type in the username and password that you registered on the site. It will then lead you to server sets Aibatt and Lawolf.
Lawolf is a more established set, since it holds the original three servers.None of these, however, are PvP. So if PvP is what you're after, move to Aibatt.
Once you've selected a server set, you can play the same characters on ANY server in this set. But you can't play Spot from Lawolf3 on Aibatt4. Got me? Spot from Lawolf can be played on ANY Lawolf server.
Okay. Back to the point.
Click an empty box. Click 'Create'. And then it's pretty straight-forward from there.

>~-Loading Your New Character
To load your character, click their box, and they will stand up. When you select another box, the character from the previous box will sit.
>~-Basics of Gameplay
You will emerge into the great world of FlyFF in the first circle of Flaris, the smallest, cutest, and lowest level town in the game. You will be SURROUNDED by other gamers, venders, and so forth.
So now you're in. "So what do I DO?!"
Relaxx.
Look around your screen. Learn it. Luvv it. Know that the bottom center portion of the 'start bar' is your Hotkey section. You can move skills, equipment, food, and pretty much anything here. It will be assigned to the corresponding fkey. On the far left of the start bar is the Start button! OMG! Aren't WE the ambitious young Windows user! Go ahead and click it and familiarize yourself. You probably won't use it often. D:
Click 'I' to see your inventory.
'T' Toggles your status window (the one with your character's face)
'H' Toggles your... Um... Other window thing... Under your status window.
'I' Toggles your inventory
'N' Toggles your navigator (a MUST have!)
'E' Toggles your messenger, which you will likely become Vurry~<3 fond of later.
'K' toggles skill window... But you don't need that yet.
And 'M' is everyone's favorite motions and emoticons menu!
Yeeeaaah. Go ahead and get the motions out of your system. They get REALLY annoying later on.

>~-Classes
I.Vagrant: The starting class. The WORLD is ahead of you! Put ALL points in Str, Sta, and Dex. Don't bother with Int. YOu will reset ALL of your pts at your next class change, so putting them in Intelligence is a waste of points since Vagrants can't use any magic.
II. First Job Change
..A.Acrobat:Long range attacks using Yoyos or Bow/Arrows.
..B.Assist:Short range attacks using fists. Or healing magic/buffs.
..C.Magician:Long Range attacks using magic.
..D.Mercenary:Short range attacks using swords/knives/axes. Self-buffs.
III. Second Job Change
..A. Acrobat-
....1.Jester
....2.Ranger
..B. Assist
....1.Billposter
....2.Ringmaster
..C. Magician
....Elementor
....Psykeeper
..D.Mercenary
....Blade
....Knight

>~-Etiquette/Slang and Generally Fitting In
Unlike in MANY games, smileys in your sentences are not frowned upon here.
Literacy is valued, but not expected. (Nor is 'omg wut up?!' frowned upon.)
KSing (Kill Stealing[leaping in while another char is fighting and taking the exp/item drops for yourself]) is more difficult, and thus more insulting.
Ninjaing/Stealing/Looting other peoples kills is more difficult, and also more insulting.
Shouts get spammed a lot, so people might yell at you when you join in trying to sell/buy wares.
Asst=Assist, Mage=Magician, Acro=Acrobat, Merc=Mercenary, Vag=Vagrant, AoE=Area of Effect
RM=Ringmaster, Psy=Psykeeper, Ele=Elementor, BP=Billposter, BJ=Bowjester
If you think of any others, follow the contact info trail.

>~-Heads Up! Upcoming Level info
Lv1. First quest from PAUL, just inside the bridge into Flaris town. He wants you to kill Aibatts.
Lv7. First Quest Office Quest. Find Mikyel in the third (far east) circle of Flaris and get your quests.
Lv15. JOB!!! Find Valin, Rooney, Mule, or...... The Acro guy.... and get your Job change quest!
Lv16. Flying test! Go to Dior in the center of the second circle of Flaris and start your quest to build your first broom.
Lv20. YOU CAN FLY! Go for it Peter!... Nevermind.
Lv60. 2nd Job Change. Way to freakin' go! You go for it, Tiger!

>~-Other
Primary in game currency is called Penya.
There is another currency called GPotato which refers to how many US Dollars have been spent on the site. GPotatoes can only be spent in the Cash Shop where a user can buy special premium items... Like the heart staffs and cat suits in the screencap section below.
ninja
>~-Screenshots/Fanart-~<

"Good Honeymoon Location"
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Yulestial

"Pool Party!"
Clockwise from top left: KsMuffin, Forsaken88, FlameTyphoon, Jeromiahman, Hive

"Free Willy!"
Ramonnzin

A Tale of Two Kitties. FlyFF style.
AZNLuvMuffin & DopeBoy

Friends Fo Ev Uh.
FaytX3, Sandal, emotear

iHeal
emotear

If anyone has cool screenies/fanart they wanna share (For those who do not know: Take screenies with the '0' key. That's a zero, btw. xD), feel free to PM them to me.
[size=9][b]Title:[/b]
[img]
[b]Names:[/b](All participants in the picture)[/size]
Contact me if anything needs changing or should be updated. Or if you want to post a screenie. PLEASE POST SCREENIES!
Gaia: Touch of P!nk (duh)
.AIM: Destructo Pop
FlyFF: /say emotear on Lawolf

Also.. Nor has given permission for you to PM her for the same reasons. That is to say... She will cause me great bodily harm until I comply to the wishes of the GaiaFlyFFian people. You can pm her on her accts Norela Lorre and Errol Aleron. I only have AIM because I stole hers.. And you can /say her at DeePop on Lawolf.
Or /t her at Helicity on Sargeras on WoW.. [[She has instructed me to add.]]
I've seen a lot of Flyff posts lately popping up here and there. This makes me happy D:

Uhh should I introduce myself? ^__^
I haveeee a level 49 Magician, soon to be Elementer, on the Aibatt server. She's my only character at the moment but I plan to create an Assist -> Ringmaster once I have a well-rounded Ele. I've been playing since mid-April, and am so addicted to it. I just can't take the lag sometimes, but I'm pretty patient with this so I haven't lost interest yet.
That's pretty much it 'cause I suck at introductions ;D
Sounds interesting.
Rae Lynn
I've seen a lot of Flyff posts lately popping up here and there. This makes me happy D:

I haveeee a level 49 Magician, soon to be Elementer, on the Aibatt server. She's my only character at the moment but I plan to create an Assist -> Ringmaster once I have a well-rounded Ele. I've been playing since mid-April, and am so addicted to it. I just can't take the lag sometimes, but I'm pretty patient with this so I haven't lost interest yet.

Wow. I really suck at levelling. I get distracted and just fall back on the messenger a lot. XD
My highest level character is a lv26 Mage, and my next is a lv23 Asst. I plan to eventually make them Elementor and Ringmaster... So you and I are similiar in that way. XD
But both of mine are on Lawolf. I've been playing since before there was an Aibatt server. ^^;
Touch of P!nk
Rae Lynn

Wow. I really suck at levelling. I get distracted and just fall back on the messenger a lot. XD
My highest level character is a lv26 Mage, and my next is a lv23 Asst. I plan to eventually make them Elementor and Ringmaster... So you and I are similiar in that way. XD
But both of mine are on Lawolf. I've been playing since before there was an Aibatt server. ^^;

Yeah it actually doesn't take much for me to level. Mm advantage of being a Mage & grinding like there's no tomorrow ^__^. It got really hard after level 40ish though. Hopefully I'll get to level 60 sometime soon, I can't wait to AoE things into oblivion D:

I heard there's less lag on Lawolf since Aibatt was created but I'm not too sure. Seems like each server lags just as bad :
Rae Lynn

Yeah it actually doesn't take much for me to level. Mm advantage of being a Mage & grinding like there's no tomorrow ^__^. It got really hard after level 40ish though. Hopefully I'll get to level 60 sometime soon, I can't wait to AoE things into oblivion D:

I heard there's less lag on Lawolf since Aibatt was created but I'm not too sure. Seems like each server lags just as bad :

I think Aibatt WOULD lag more, since it has almost double the population of Lawolf. xp
And yeah, Mage grinding is considerably easier that Asst. I play my Asst a LOT more than my Mage, and the level difference is inversely proportionate to their play time. >.o
Seeing as how my free ROSE time just ended, I'll probably play FlyFF again. I really want to be able to fly. lol
Touch of P!nk
Rae Lynn

I think Aibatt WOULD lag more, since it has almost double the population of Lawolf. xp
And yeah, Mage grinding is considerably easier that Asst. I play my Asst a LOT more than my Mage, and the level difference is inversely proportionate to their play time. >.o

Mm but for some reason I get crap exp compared to other classes of around the same level, even if I'm fighting things eight levels above me. I guess it balances out though because I kill things so fast in so little time.
razz I've been level 39 forever! :O 3% experience, lose it all after. ._. Noone wants to party with fullsupports either, or so it seems. :/
Very nice. o_o Might as well make this the Official Flyff thread on Gaia.

I'm a level 47/48 Mercenary on Lawolf.. or the first server. I don't remember what they were by the names.. But.. yeah. Definately a great MMO if you have friends to party with. ... Yeah. Partying will definately help leveling up later on. Perhaps put something along those lines in the Pros/Cons section? ... Not sure which this would go under. x_o; LoL.
Rae Lynn

Mm but for some reason I get crap exp compared to other classes of around the same level, even if I'm fighting things eight levels above me. I guess it balances out though because I kill things so fast in so little time.

Your skills eat up Pxp which eats up exp, so that's why you level so slowly. But a good asst is supposed to skill grind after every kill in order to keep skills proportionate, but they aren't the efficient killing machines mages are... So levelling is CRAZY on Assists. DX

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff